T-BAR BOLTS

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

T-BAR BOLTS

Post by ZIGGY K »

I noticed that the drivers side bolt that you turn to crank the t-bars has 5/16" more thread exposed than the passenger side . I bought the truck new so the t-bars were never touched. I'd like to crank both sides evenly; approx. 3/4", but fear that 3 and 1/2 turns may max out right side . Is it normal to have these bolts at differnt lengths when it comes from the factory? Thanks
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

They may indeed need to be adjusted differently. Many factors play into the adjustment.
There probably should not be a huge difference, but a few turns difference may be needed.

The best thing to do is with a full tank of fuel and the normal load measure the Z height, and the fender levels. If everything is pretty even and the ride height is where you want it. Leave things alone.

If you are wanting to raise things a little , feel free to level it out , or even it out.
You will need an alignment afterward, and if you turn them up too far , it may require backing down a little to attain the adjustment needed for correcting the camber and caster.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

my passanger side was about 3 turns longer then the driver side and still is once I cranked them
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

I took my bolts out.... :D
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

my 04 is the same way the passanger side had less exposed :shock:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

It don't matter. What matter's is having the the resultant clearance you want in equal or you may want a bit more on the driver's side for driver weight.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]