RECALL ON COOPER TIRES

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

RECALL ON COOPER TIRES

Post by snocat1 »

Tires are discover S/T,Dean Mud Terrain Radial SXT,Durango Radial XTR, Dick Cepek Radial A/T, Pro Comp Xtreme A/T, and Tempra Trailcutter Radial RT.
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Where can I get more information? I have the S/T and Dean Mud Terrain in the fleet.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Where can I get more information? I have the S/T and Dean Mud Terrain in the fleet.
I saw it in the mornings paper. I think it was off the "AP" wire
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I saw the same report in the paper today. Something about the tires leaking air. It was in the Riverside Press Enterprise, I will do a search and see If I can find the article.
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

It was in are local paper. Mabe check were you bought your tires they could tell you.
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Steve2003 wrote:...Something about the tires leaking air. ..
Ah ha! I was not the only one! :rock:
One of the tires would just not hold air! The bead would not seal , even with bead sealer. It was as if the tire was porous.

Thanks for the heads up , I'll check on it tomorrow.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Here is what I found on-line.
Tire Recall
23 Newsroom

Cooper Tire and Rubber is recalling about 288-thousand replacement tires used on passenger cars and light trucks.

The tire maker says the recall was prompted by concerns about slow leaks and cracking in the tires -- a small portion of the 40 million tires it produces each year. Cooper says there have been no reported crashes or injuries linked to the recalled tires.

The models, used on pickups and S-U-Vs, include the Cooper Discoverer S/T, Dean Mud Terrain Radial S-X-T, Durango Radial X-T-R, Mastercraft Courser C/T, Dick Cepek Radial F-C II, Mesa C/T, Pro Comp Xtreme A/T and Tempra Trailcutter Radial R-T.

The tires used on passenger cars were made from November 2004 to July 2005 and include the Dean Alpha 365 A/S, Mastercraft A/S, Starfire Flite-line IV and Trendsetter SE.

Cooper Tire is also recalling more than three thousand models of the Cooper Zeon 2-X-S and Mastercraft Avenger Z-H-P because of cracking in the sidewall.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Nice job 04crewvt, I checked my local papers web site and couldn't find the article.
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

doh, I would hate to be the engineer that designed that one. :pray:
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Oh snap!! I just got new Discoverer S/T's on my truck back in January. Do you think mine may be affected??
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I wouldn't think so but, only the dealer can tell you. Yours may have made in that time period and was left sittong around.

I hope not for your sake.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Just as a reminder when you buy new tires they are supposed to have a registration form included for the tires. This form lists the serial # of each tire If you mail them in you will be on the database so if there is a tire recall you will be notified. I believe this is required for all tire manufacturers but I am sure it is done by cooper.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I had an old lady come into the service department this morning that heard about the recall on the news and thought her tires were under the recall. Apparently she thought Cooper was spelled C-o-n-t-i-n-e-n-t-a-l. :roll: :lol:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Cooper Tires Recall
Rolloverlawyer.com wrote:Cooper Tires Recall - Discoverer Dean Mud Terrain Radial SXT, Durango Radial XTR, Mastercraft Courser C/T, Dick Cepek Radial F-C II, Mesa C/T, Pro Comp Xtreme A/T and Tempra Trailcutter Radial RT Tires.

Cooper Tires Recall Update

[Feb. 15, 2006] Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. announced a Cooper Tire recall of about 288,000 replacement tires used on passenger cars and light trucks because of concerns about slow leaks and cracking in the tires. The Findlay, Ohio-based tiremaker said there have been no reported crashes or injuries linked to this Cooper tire recall. The recall represents a small portion of the 40 million tires it produces each year, the company said. "We have a very vigorous inspection for tires, and we never take any chances," said Pat Brown, a Cooper Tire spokeswoman. The company will replace the recalled Cooper tires for free. Owners of these recalled Cooper tire are being warned to avoid driving at highway speeds until the tires have been inspected and replaced. At highway speeds the Cooper tires could develop tread separation or detreading of the outside tire causing the tire to deflate at highway speeds and possibly leading to a rollover accident or collision.This is not the first Cooper tire recall to affect the company.

Earlier Cooper Tire Recall

About 183,000 of the Cooper tires manufactured between February 2004 and Jan. 21, 2005 were recalled because of a slow leak that may have been caused by a contaminant in the upper sidewall. In this Cooper tire recall the models, used on pickups and sport utility vehicles, include the Cooper Discoverer S/T, Dean Mud Terrain Radial SXT, Durango Radial XTR, Cooper Mastercraft Courser C/T, Cooper's Dick Cepek Radial F-C II, Mesa C/T, Pro Comp Xtreme A/T and Cooper's Tempra Trailcutter Radial RT. Cooper Tire said an additional 101,000 tires used on passenger cars were recalled because of cracking during testing. The tires of this tire recall were made from November 2004 to July 2005 and include the Dean Alpha 365 A/S, Mastercraft A/S, Starfire Flite-line IV and Trendsetter SE. Cooper Tire was also recalling more than 3,000 models of the Cooper Zeon 2XS and Mastercraft Avenger ZHP because of cracking in the sidewall.

Cooper Tire Recall Includes:

Cooper Discoverer S/T Tire Recall
Dean Mud Terrain Radial SXT Tire Recall,
Durango Radial XTR Tire Recall,
Cooper Mastercraft Courser C/T Tire Recall,
Cooper's Dick Cepek Radial F-C II Tire Recall,
Mesa C/TTire Recall ,
Pro Comp Xtreme A/T Tire Recall
Cooper's Tempra Trailcutter Radial RT Tire Recall.

Defective Cooper Tire Lawsuit

If you or a loved one has been seriously injured as a result of a defective Cooper Tire or tire tread separation of a Cooper Tire resulting in a rollover or serious accident then you may have the right to file a legal action. Often times the vehicle manufacture and tire maker and distributors are joined in a products liability lawsuit when a tire defect rollover occurs. The Willis Law Firm has represented hundreds of seriously injured victims and families of tire defects and SUV rollovers.

Call us at 1-800-883-9858 for a Free Case Evaluation of a Potential Defective Cooper Tire or any accident involving a a Recalled Cooper Tire. Nationwide Assistance is Available.

- ThunderII KE7CSK