shackles

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

shackles

Post by 04crewvt »

OK, so I have run the Roadmaster Suspension in my crew for the last two weeks it really help keep the truck stable in cross winds and help the suspension feel but I do not like the rear end sway I have picked up in cornering. I think the open shackle design is allowing too much movement side to side of the leaf springs. I decided to pick up a set of Warrior non -greasable shackles from Jack-It they are the grey powder coat version and they will give an aditional 1.5" to rear they look like really beefy units at a very good price. Is anyone else running these on there trucks?
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

No but they look good and thats a good price
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Got the shackles in. They gave me another 1 1/5 inches over the roadmaster suspension bringing me up to 34 1/5 inches from the ground to the top of the fender well. This is up from 31 inches when I bought it stock. With the t-bars adjusted to maximum I gainned 1 1/5 inches in the front (still keeping it alligned properly) giving me 32 1/5 inches from the ground to top of fender well. I would like to keep the truck as level as possible and a 2 inch rake is a bit more than I care for, is there any easy way to get just a bit more height in the front without causing too many problems or am I at the point that a body lift is the only way to get the height I need (although the rake would still be there). Also with this in mind when I go to get new tires in the spring do you think I can get 31x10.5x15 on the truck without too much rubbing realizing that this is my daily driver and does not see enough off roading to worry about extreme flex. Just looking for some thoughts right now, my mod budget is at $0 for the moment.
Thanks
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]