Good Deal or not??

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Good Deal or not??

Post by BobbleSmitty »

$103 a tire with free mounting and balancing

30x9.5 Cooper Discoverer S/T

Should I go for it, or is there something better out there for that price??

Thanks

-Bob
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I like the Yokohama Geolandar A/T +II Tires from Summit that are $85.95 each.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I'm running Cooper Tires and like them, they hold well in the rain and have a good tread pattern for the snow. Cooper Tires
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

What did you pay for your set of Cooper Tires, and did you ever price out the Discoverer S/T ??
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

If I remember correctly I think they where around $90.00 each. I wasn't shopping price when I bought them so I never asked the price of anything else. I did want the ATs but they where not available. Here is a place to check prices.

Tiresavings
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Im happy with my Yokohama Geolander AT+lls
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

go with the geolanders
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

f9k9 wrote:I like the Yokohama Geolandar A/T +II Tires from Summit that are $85.95 each.
jeff024 wrote:Im happy with my Yokohama Geolander AT+lls
jeggers wrote:go with the geolanders
me too :thumb:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I would also take the Geolander AT's also over the Cooper Discoverer S/T. :D Cooper is a good tire company and also makes Pro-Comp tires, but I have never heard any reviews for the Discoverer S/T. :shrug:

Steve
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I went with the Discoverer S/T tires. They look alot meaner than the Geolanders. I like the ride quality alot on them too. The tread is alot deeper than it looks in the picture, that's for sure! It was also cheaper for myself to go with the Cooper tires over the Geolanders... I had free mounting and balancing with each tire costing $103. I can hear these tires as I drive down the road but it isn't too bad, my exhaust kinda drowns out the sound :) For such a tready tire, it is still a very smooth ride. I can't wait to test them out in the snow and mud! We're supposed to get some tonight and tomorrow :) I wanted to post some pictures, but its disabled right now, so if anyone knows a good picture up load site, that would be much appreciated and you guys can see the final product! Thanks.

-Bob
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

FLIKR

PHOTOBUCKET

these are the 2 I use
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Thanks! I'll have them posted in a few minutes

-Bob
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BobbleSmitty wrote:Thanks! I'll have them posted in a few minutes

-Bob
Please tell us that you don't own the same watch as
killian96ss owns :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

They're up!
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

They're under my original post named "Another Body Lift Completed"
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BobbleSmitty wrote:They're under my original post named "Another Body Lift Completed"
Looks like "Linking 101" is your next course. :D Good job! You should have come to the dark side though :D
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Thanks