What lift would be best for me?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

gerardo

Post by gerardo »

dear friends: kind of a newbie question but, i would like to lift my cc should i go with a body lift or install one of the suspension lifts wich one works best, i use my truck in mud and sand but is also my daily driver thanks in advance
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

there are pros and cons to either just gotta go with what suits you best
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

How much are you comfortable with spending?

$3000 US - $5000 US = SFA conversion

$2500 US - $4000 US = IFS suspension lift

$1000 US - $2000 US = Mystery Lift

$500 US - $1000 US = Body lift

I estimate those figures upon a complete package including tires. Sure you can do a body lift for just under $200, but add tires , mount and balance and you are at $500 in a hurry.

If your mud is silty sandy loam, wider tires may be an advantage. Keep that in mind while checking out the options.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

it really costs 3-5000 usd for a sas ? wow , didn't think it was that much .
I would recomend the Mystery lift . Or just go with a SFA conversion . There have been complaints about IFS lifts , but then again . There are complaints about all lifts in some form or another .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
gerardo

Post by gerardo »

:? what's the general opinion on the trailmaster 6" lift , I was thinking about changing my tires to 31x10.5r15 and keeping the stock rims and installing that lift since the superlift site says that their lift is not recomended for the cc 2003, wich way is the least trouble free? , 2" body lift and 2" suspension lift or just go with a kit is there one really bolt on? thanks again in advance for all your help Gerardo :?

PS: I'm willing to spend up to $2,500.00
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Superlift's F.I.T kit was prototyped on a crew cab. I would think it would be a good choice. Trailmaster's 5" kit can be made to work. Check out Quickbiker's web page for information on his install.

The 2" suspension lifts are just t-bar cranks beyond what is possible with the stock indexers. It may not be a good choice if you spend much time offroad.

There really is quite a bit of information in this forum. A quick SEARCH on a slected subject will yield answers.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

If you only want to fit 31's under your truck you don't need to spend $2500 plus on a suspension lift :nono: . Just do the body lift and if you aren't satisfied with that check out HJ's Mystery Lift- still much cheaper than a SL and less headaches also
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

to run 31's, just do a body lift and:

1. trim your fenders back and leave them (cheaper) or
2. buy a set of cut-out flares from bubaloo, slightly more expensive but cosmetically better looking.

IMHO you don't need to go all out and spend thousands to get this little gain in tires.
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

GO BIG! check out steve2003's truck 6" lift and 31's
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd