Question about body mounts

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

S10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Question about body mounts

Post by S10 »

Is it easier to get at the middle spark plug, on the drivers side, with a body lift? I noticed how difficult that plug is, due to it being behind the steering shaft. Also, how much lift can I get, for the body. All I see is 2" kits. My old S-10, I was able to get 3" and it was cheaper.

BTW, I am new here!
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

If you have a CrewCab, a 2" BL is it. I think it is easier to change the plugs with a BL. If you remove or move the plastic/rubber cover under the fender, you can look straight at them.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome to the forum. :lol:

What year S-10 do you have :?:

On later models only a two inch BL is available and it does make that spark plug a "little" easier to change.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
S10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by S10 »

Black 2002 Crew Cab! Is there a reason why only a 2" body lift is avaliable?

Thanks for the Welcome!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

S10 wrote:Black 2002 Crew Cab! Is there a reason why only a 2" body lift is avaliable?

Thanks for the Welcome!

Have no clue why there is not one available but, IMO I believe it's due to rollover liability issues. The lawsuits have gotten more and more out of whack in the last few years. They still offer 3" lifts for the older ones because if, they stopped production then a good lawyer would toss the issue into a lawsuit on why they once made them and suddenly stopped. Again, just my 2 cents from what I have seen come through the federal courthouse where I work now :shock:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

welcome to the site!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Welcome to the site :cheers:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

From what I have heard I would think servicing number three spark plug is easier with the 2" bodylift.
I have done a few 2wd tune ups with out lifts and they were about the same as mine with a 2" bodylift. A wobble extension and sparkplug socket work pretty well. You will also need the wobble extension for one of the plugs on the passenger side as well.

There was a crew cabber here that did install a 3" bodylift. This was pretty early in the history of this forum. California maybe? He has not been here in years. With enough blocks I'm sure it could be done, but you will not be raising the bumpers or lowering the oil filter. There may also be issues with the steering shaft binding. This can be cured by slotting and lowering the bolt holes at the firewall and lowering the column.
I really don't think the amount you would save by buying a 3" kit for an older s-series would justify the issues that may be created.

:wave: Thanks for joining.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

S10
:wave:
welcome to the site
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Hey welcome to the site. I'm from the east side of Cleveland and have a black S10 crew cab as well. What part of Cleveland are you from??
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

First of all, welcome to the site S10! :wave: Yes the 2" BL makes changing plugs a lot easier. I can do both sides going through the wheel wells in about 20 minutes. A spring loaded u-joint also makes the task much easier. :D

Steve
S10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by S10 »

BobbleSmitty wrote:Hey welcome to the site. I'm from the east side of Cleveland and have a black S10 crew cab as well. What part of Cleveland are you from??
I am on the west side. West Blvd.
S10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by S10 »

Thanks to everyone, for the info. I guess I will be adding a 2" body lift.
And thanks for the warm welcome to the forum!