torion bar crank..and rivits..ribits

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

michael_4x4
Crew
Crew

torion bar crank..and rivits..ribits

Post by michael_4x4 »

well i tighten my bars up by myself and went to get the alignment..but got there to pay and take my truck the guy said he lowered it back down to factor specs...i was like wtf i did not want it at factor i wanted the bars tighten for lift..he said that if i lifted it he would have to bust ribits...or rivits...so hes doing that but i dont understand really did anyone else do this..
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

B--L S--t Alert Just finished t bar crank on my crew. I really cranked mine 1.5" and watched while it was alligned with nothing but a couple of wrenches with no problems whatsoever as long as there is enough adjustment in the front end and the porkchop isn't bottomed out you should have no problems.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Oh no, here we go with the infamous Z Trim Height specifications :lol:

Did you get a print out?

Read this thread and if he can't show you diffrent specs, get you money back and never darken his doorway again!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The bars can be tightened beyond where the caster and camber can be properly adjusted.
It may be necessary to back them down a little to get enough adjustment in the excentrics.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Did you take it to a dealership? If so, get your money back and go elsewhere.

Some alignment shops will do the TB crank for ya....just a thought.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

cranked my t-bars...took it to the dealer for alignment....and the y gave me a printout of the specs!! :D

mike......sounds like someone is puuling you chain!!!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!