new guy needs ground clearance

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Suspension or Body lift?

Suspension Lift
38%
Body Lift
62%

Total votes: 21

kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

new guy needs ground clearance

Post by kermit »

currently own a 2003 s-10 cc w/ 30 x 9.5 BFG A/T KO tires, but the truck is seriously lacking in the ground clearance department. Thinking about a 6" SL from Superlift, but am reconsidering a 2" BL and the cut out fenders...

just looking for some feedback, personal experience maybe, and if your satisfied with what you've done and how you're truck performs

thanks

edited title-HJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Explore all the threads through "Search" on the topics that you have questions about and what isn't answered we'll be glad to assist you anyway we can.

Where are you located at?

Good Luck :thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

A location in your profile would help us understand the areas that you wheel.

What type of terrian do you frequent? How hard do you wheel? What are the primary duties of your truck?

:wave: Welcome ... We need more information from you.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:A location in your profile would help us understand the areas that you wheel.

What type of terrian do you frequent? How hard do you wheel? What are the primary duties of your truck?

:wave: Welcome ... We need more information from you.
What he said :D

I keep waiting for my CC owning friend at my local O'Riley's to get his 'puter fixed and to jump in :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

welcome kermit!! :wave: most of us do start with a body lift!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Wanted to throw my 2 cents in, maybe save you some money. I have a 6" Superlift and I am running 31" tires. 33's would have never fit without major rubbing when I first got my lift. I now have the cut out flares and plan on eventually getting the 33's, so here's my point. I've got a couple grand wrapped up in my lift on my truck and still couldn't fit 33's as where HJ has a 2" bodylift (much cheaper), a few tweaks and cut out flares and is running 33's and he has more clearance then I do. Tires are everything for ground clearance. Just something for you to think about.

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Steve2003 wrote:..Tires are everything for ground clearance.
That is definately true. Your 6" SL does offer better approach, declination and break over angles, as well as the wow factor :mg:

Mine is one of those that people ask..."Is that stock?" Just the way I like it :thumb:

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:wave: GO BIG MAN!!!!! but keep the tires 33" and under :D
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

As Steve said above, nothing really increases ground clearance except larger tires. Some suspension lifts can increase the angle of the front a-arms to provide added clearance up front, but nothing's gonna help the solid rear axle except tires. It all depends on how you want to fit larger tires, and how large you want to go.

The cheaper way.
2" Body Lift: 30x9.5x15's should fit with no problem.

Torsion Bar Crank: Provides 1 to 1-1/2" of suspension lift in the front. Combine with the 2" Body Lift and most folks can run 31x10.5x15's without rubbing on stock wheels (every CC is different...your results may vary).

Skidz Cutout Fender Flares: Put these on with a 2"BL and TB crank and you can run 33x9.5x15's.

The more expensive way.

6" SuperLift Suspension Lift Kit: You can run 32x11.5x15's with no problem. 33x12.5x15's will rub I think. Add all of the cheaper mods above (2"BL, TB Crank, Cutout Flares) and some have run 35's.

If you want the ultimate in ground clearance, you can do a solid axle conversion to replace the front independent suspension system. Depending on what you want, this can raise the truck much higher than all of the aforementioned mods. Warn used to run 40's or 44's on his SFA'd CC.

Here's something to think about. Take a truck with a 6" superlift, running 32" tires. And HenryJ's truck with a 2" BL, 1" TB crank, and cutout flares running 33's. Compared the ground clearance at the rear differential. They should be close, and HenryJ's clearance should be just a tad more. Technically it should be 1/2", but differences in tire brands and inflation can change that.

That brings you to subject of gravity, or more specifically, you truck's center of gravity. Do you want to sit high, or very high? :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Welcome to the site
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

i live on the Broad River in SC and most of the mud the s10 sees is on hunting/fishing trips. Haven't been back to one of my favorite spots on the river to put the boat in since last spring b/c it almost got stuck. I was surprised at how well it handled the mud. the thing that bothers me most is how low the frame sits

truck now: TB crank, 30" x 9.5" BFGs, better than stock, but still needs more

this is an everyday driver and im only worried about wear and tear, especially with a suspension lift
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

kermit wrote: truck now: TB crank, 30" x 9.5" BFGs, better than stock, but still needs more
Shackles or a Spring pack can buy 1 1/2-2 inches in the rear :D
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Tires are going to make the difference in mud. Sure you need the clearance as well, but the approach and declination angles may not be as important to you.

Take a look at The Marvelous Mystery Lift. The Skidz Flares are pretty cheap right now and would be a good investment. You could make the cuts described in the install page and just use some bedliner to cover modifications and the rockers, if you don't want the flares. Add a bodylift and this will gain 1.5" of ground clearance when you upgrade to 33" tires.
You may have to do some looking though. I don't know what the "mud" tire options are for a tall narrow tire.
Maxxis and Interco would be good to check out. I had a set of Buckshot radials on my old 3/4 ton that were awesome in the mud.
If you are happy with the performance of the BFG AT KO's then the 33x9.50's are working really well for me.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

thanks for the feedback. still have a little time to think about it while save... but i think the BL w/ the cut out fenders will do just fine for a start... 33's sound nice!

tires make the difference in mud, that's for sure. and the BFGs seem to be the best all around tire, might go to the mud terrains
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

The BL will atleast get your truck looking like a 4x4 :D
--Walt
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

I'd go with the HJ"s lift . the only thing stopping me is the fact that i can't take a saw to my truck .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Blaze One wrote:I'd go with the HJ"s lift . the only thing stopping me is the fact that i can't take a saw to my truck .
Where there is a will, there is a way :lol: :lol:
--Walt
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

My .02, before I would spend the $$ on a SL for your IFS I would go SFA.It might cost you more up front but IMO it'll be less headaches. I just dumped $1100 into my IFS for l & r hub assemblies, idler arm and an alignment- and it only sees pavement :cry: . If you want to do a SL consider this. Ask Quickbiker. Then again the Marvelous Mystery lift may be all you're looking for. Definately cheaper .
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

I will also stand behind sfa over an ifs lift even on streets. Mine fell apart after less then a year with only a few offraod trips. My truck is now sfa and i can drive without worry now.
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

how much for SFA conversion and SL?
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

I am not sure about the costs of a sas vs a 6"SL , but in the long run , a SAS would be better and maybe cheaper . you will have to replace worn front end parts with a IFS lift . it is almost a must . Half the cost of a SFA is finding someone to install it for you . IF you can do it yourself even better . and the price will also depend on if you want to go big or really big . Dana 30's or Dana 44's or even Dana 60's the choice it up to you and your wallet . check out zr2.com and such because alot of guys there sas there blazer/s10 zr2's there . price is comparable to them .

and on the note of hacking you body on a nice clean truck , well i am trying to find someone to do it for me . Any takers ???
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

A good working daily drive sfa with a dana30 and all parts done by a shop would run you about 5000

an ifs lift will run you about half that. but with parts ect later the sfa is better, just make sure you do alot of research and make sure its for you
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

A good working daily drive sfa with a dana30 and all parts done by a shop would run you about 5000
I only spent half that on wheels tires ,body lift and 6" sl . Installed myself. and my truck see's paved road more than not.
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

Im also talking here in canada eh :D seems like up here the lifts are alot more expensive. My TM lift its self was almost 3 grand! i couldnt believe it.

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Here's what I've learned about lifting your truck....

1. crank torsion bars. (free, $50 for alignment) decide it's not enough.
2. do 2" body lift. ($200 +/-, plus labor) brings you happiness for a while. some will never go past this step.
3. save up and do 6" suspension lift. ($1500-1600, plus labor) 3 months of looking cool.
4. replace front ball joints. ($200?, plus labor)
5. take out a loan to pay for gas since you're running 33's without a gear change. ($Amt. varies)
6. replace front ball joints again. ($200?, plus labor)
7. get lower gears ($800-1200) things go better for a while
8. replace front ball joints again. ($200?, plus labor)
9. get fed up with replacing ball joints.
10. convert to SFA. ($thousands) permanent happiness

:lol:
--Walt
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

so....

1 - save a little $
2 - Marvelous Mystery Lift
3 - enjoy yourself for a while
4 - save more $
5 - forget the SL and go straight to SFA

i've already learned a lot!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

kermit wrote:so....

1 - save a little $
3 - enjoy yourself for a while
4 - save more $
5 - forget the SL and go straight to SFA
I would adjust that list:

1 - save a little $
3 - Live happily ever after :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

if you got the truck to beat the piss outta it go sfa if its a daily driver that sees the woods sometimes im happy with my 2in BL and 30s

........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Kermit

No disrespect to Walt I am sure he is a very studious s10 CrewCab member but I think that you should take advice from members who actually have these different lifts. Bubaloo sfa, quickbiker sfa, Steve2003 6" Superlift, JeffC 6" Superlift, Jeggers 6" Superlift, Ben 5" BDS, HenryJ the marvelous mystery lift, if I left someone out, my apologies. For example, I have not replaced my ball joints three times, I have replaced them once with upgraded Moog ball joints, and that was a GM weakness anyway. In my opinion the best bang for your buck would be the marvelous mystery lift. But there is still a good chance you will have to replace your ball joints, even a stock crew that does a lot of wheeling takes a chance of having to replace ball joints. I am very happy with my set up. :thumb:

Steve
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

Sorry, no disrespect.
This truck has been through more than most trucks w/ twice its years.
It's a Chevy and its built like a rock. Plain and simple, it's truck and it's meant to be used and abused! The 30's that i have just don't cut it... so...
back to my original question...
Suspension Lift? or Body Lift?
Currently the truck has almost 80k miles on it and I want it to hang around for a lot longer. Are the suspension problems really that huge? If they are then I'll just stick to the body lift. And that'll be the end of that.
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

sorry if i got a little spirited there...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Added a poll.
Last edited by HenryJ on Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

kermit wrote:back to my original question...
Suspension Lift? or Body Lift?
That's your choice. We are just trying to give you as much information as we can so you can make your own decision. There are a lot of different opinions on this site about the different lifts. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Steve
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

*sigh*
Have there been improvements made on SL kits that help with extending its life? How bad are the long term effects of a SL?

I'm headed toward a SL, but if y'all can convince me otherwise, that a BL is indeed the better way to go, then that's what I'll do.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Steve2003 wrote:Kermit

No disrespect to Walt I am sure he is a very studious s10 CrewCab member but I think that you should take advice from members who actually have these different lifts.
Kermit, contrary to the above statement, I do happen to have on of these lifts being discussed, which would be the "Marvelous Mystery Lift". My advice, although mostly comical, in a way represents the general opinion I've formed about IFS lifts based on the posts on members that have them. Some are really enjoying them. Others like Bubaloo had a bad time with them and went SFA.

My advice is not perfect, in fact, it's mostly meant to be a joke :D But I would seriously consider the Mystery lift before anything else. Just my 2c.
Last edited by Walt on Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Walt
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

alright well I'll add my 2 cents.....

I've got the BDS 5" PA2" and 33X12.50 tires....you can read all that below.

for the everyday truck, who's mostly street with a little offroading (2-tracks to get to that secret hunting or fishing spot) this is my recomendation:

1. Body-lift
2. 31X10.50 Mud terrain tires
3. remodel the fenders with a sawzall/BFH to fit the tires (most people don't flex the susp. out all the way)
4. tactfully maneuver your vehicle through bad spots and i find it hard to believe a working 4X4 will get stuck.

IMHO the skids flares stick out way to far to run a 10.50 tire. My 12.50's barely stick outside the body on 3 3/4" BackSpacing with the stock flares. Open the fender up and you achieve the same thing the flares do.

BUT............if you want to "play" then go IFS susp lift or SAS
if you encounter this

you can do this

and this

and get to the other side instead of driving around it :wink:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Benny does have a point there....the height difference of a suspension lift can really help you out if you get into some deep stuff :)
--Walt
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

i have a 6" superlift, 2" body lift, 1" shackle, and a slight t-bar crank. i have had no problems with my superlift kit. i've also never really heard anything bad about the bds 5" kit. now as far as the 5" trail master lift goes....well i haven't heard too many good things. then again some of the people on here that have had trouble with the 5" tm really wheel their trucks alot and you can see that in the pictures they post. so maybe that was part of the reason they kept having problems with the tm lift. your idea of wheeling might be alot different than theirs. it almost seems like the tm lift has given all suspension lifts a bad name. there is no doubt that sfa is the best for heavy off road use but if you want the "big look" with out having to make custom parts a suspension lift does the trick. like i said i've been very happy with my kit and i have not had any alignment problems like some of the guys had with the 5" tm and i've got 15k on my lift. you also need to ask yourself how you want your truck to look. if you want 33's there is a big difference in looks when you compare a 33x10.50 on a 7" or 8" wide wheel with alot of backspacing to a 33x12.50 on a 10" wide rim. if you want the wide look you might need more than a bl and flares. again it comes down to what you want your truck to look like,what you want to do with it,and how much $ you want to spend.
[size=75]2004 s-10 crew cab with 6in. superlift, 2in. bodylift, 31x12.50 pro comp mud terrains on 15x10 eagle alloy 589's[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I will say that I am really suprised that it is nearly 2 to 1 in favor of a suspension lift.

I really thought the numbers were quite the opposite here.

I think the poll may be skewed though. This question was suspension lift OR body lift. It looks like some of the people who have both voted for the suspension lift only? Obvoiusly there is no way to run really wide tires with one or the other. You would need both and perhaps cutting too.

Plenty of information here, as always it is your choice. Only you know what sort of terrain, how hard you wheel and what is most important to you.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

When I voted for suspension lift, what I really voted for was SFA but it wasn't an option so I went for the closest thing. I wonder about all the other votes for suspension.
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

maybe i should start slow... 2" BL, springs, shocks, tbar... get a feel for the new look and handle of the truck and decide if i really need more from there, if so... then a SL

that seems most practical, i guess -- at least it simplifies things :?
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

no matter what other lift you might go with the BL can always stay
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

kermit wrote:...that seems most practical...
Absolutely.

The body lift is the least expensive option, and easily reversible. Keep all the bolts and brackets that you remove so that you can pull it and sell the kit if you change your mind sometime in the future.

A quick search will reveal a couple really good threads on install experiences. You can install it yourself with the assistance of everyone here.

If you had been hinting about going big with the tires , most of us would have been pushing you to the SFA conversion.
Since you were just wanting a little, the body lift is the way to go. Good choice.

Like you said add a little here and there until the package is what you want :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

Now that I know where I'm going with the lift, on to the tires/wheels...
I know that HJ's lift combination uses 33x9.5 tires, but how much wider can I go if I buy new wheels? How much backspacing would I need?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

kermit wrote:... how much wider can I go if I buy new wheels? How much backspacing would I need?
How much smaller are you wanting to go?

It is all relative. The larger you go the more critical the rear spacing and width. The smaller you go the wider tire and less rearspacing become a possibility.

I have 3/4" clearance. Less rearspacing and that clearance is reduced. A wider tire and that clearance is reduced.

The best thing to do is put your tire up on a ramp or curb and turn to where the shoulder comes closest to the fender. Take a measurement and see what will work for you.

There are way too many variables to have a definitive answer for you. Tires vary in size and shoulder design. Everyone has a different adjustment made to their Z height. Different terrain and different driving habits.

The best thing to do is take your own measurements and make that determination.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

thanks... you're the best
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

wamason wrote:I do happen to have on of these lifts being discussed, which would be the "Marvelous Mystery Lift".
Wamason, my bad, I didn't know you had the complete marvelous mystery lift. So far I have only seen pictures of HJ's truck that has the complete "Marvelous mystery lift" Could you post some pictures?

It's hard to keep up with who has what lift, think it would be cool if everyone could post what lift they have with pictures.

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

There are going to be quite a few with "The Marvelous Mystery Lift" soon :mg: The nice thing about it is that there are several variations to the kit. Choices of spacers or wheels, springs or shackles, flares or no flares, different tire sizes and widths.

Maybe we just need a thread with pictures of all the Skidz Flared trucks after the new guys all get them installed :thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

I second the pics of flare sfor sure, to be honest i have a whole bunch saved from most of the guys lol i like seeing the sweet done out crew :D

quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I voted body lift, even though I've never had a body lift. I just think IFS lifts are allot of money for something that's just gonna bend up after a few years of use. I've gone the route and now I think it sucks. Even though it did serve me well, and I really thought it was great, untill it was on it's last leg. I just really hate IFS and will never use one for off-road again. It's fine for the road, but not off-road. I would say you can even skip the body lift and just hack the fenders, you'd be better off.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Steve2003 wrote:
wamason wrote:I do happen to have on of these lifts being discussed, which would be the "Marvelous Mystery Lift".
Wamason, my bad, I didn't know you had the complete marvelous mystery lift. So far I have only seen pictures of HJ's truck that has the complete "Marvelous mystery lift" Could you post some pictures?

It's hard to keep up with who has what lift, think it would be cool if everyone could post what lift they have with pictures.

Steve
Hey no prob Steve. I'll be posting pics soon. And I've also got thicker spacers than anyone else too.... 2" up front and 3" in the rear :D Maybe that'll help the wide look.
--Walt
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

GO BIG!!!!!!!!!!

I not 100% sure but the only sl lifts to go to sfa have been the tm lift. I am running a superlift and love it compared to a sfa rig. Besides is you have a more capable rig wont you just wheel it harder and end up breaking it to . Just speaking in general this is not directed towards anyone.
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

roger that... thinkin kinda the same thing. but it will cost almost twice as much as HJ's lift to go 6" SL
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

I would start with the mystery lift and if its not enough later go with the sl

kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

bubaloo1983 wrote:I would start with the mystery lift and if its not enough later go with the sl
exactly why I asked you guys what was the best way to go.

Thanks for the help y'all! :D
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

bubaloo1983 wrote:I would start with the mystery lift and if its not enough later go with the sl
If I had to do it over, I would probably go with the mystery lift. It was not available when I got my SL lift. Dont get me wrong, i am very happy with my SL lift. The whole reason I got a lift in the first place was so i could fit bigger off road tires. The mystey lift enables you to do this at a fraction of the price.

Steve