Question for those w/ solid axles....Will it hit?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Question for those w/ solid axles....Will it hit?

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

Ok, 2003 CC w/ Waggy D44's. Front spring mount is about an 8" drop from the bottom of the frame. 2" lift shackles mounted under the frame. 5" lift toyota springs. Spring under axle with the axle moved forward about 3 inches.

I really don't want to go spring over because I want a lower center of gravity but....do any of you think this set-up hit my oilpan or should I just go spring over now?
[size=75]Never get into an argument with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

wow, and ppl thought I was crazy for cutting into my 2000

I am not sure about the size of the d44, but with my d30 and spring over the axle is pretty far away from the oil pan. I am sure spring under would do just fine. our oil pans already have the pickup at the back so it is out of the way.

actually in my opinion 5" lift springs sounds like a lot. I am running s10 springs in the front with an add a leaf. they are pretty flat but with the spring over my truck sits tall.

what size tires are you planning on running b/c when you have the shackles at the rear, when the suspension compresses the axle/tires will move backwards towards your wheelwells.

idk, there are some random thoughts for you to think about. I hope some of it made sense........I need to go to bed.......
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

Oh, it makes sense alright. I was just reading on another site that someone had problems with their oilpan and thought I would ask some questions before I did everything.

I got some used 32's (305 or 285/75 or something) to try out and decide what I want when all is said and done. I'm planning on 33 or 35 inchers.

There is a company, TTFab, that makes a spring over perches for the Waggy D44 (the diff is in the way of the perch) and I was trying to decide if I should save myself the hassle and buy it now or wait to see how it goes.

Whenever I call companies to order parts or ask questions and they hear about what I'm doing they all think I'm nuts.....Hey, if youre gonna use it you might as well set it up right. I took my CC rock crawling outside of Barstow, CA and almost rolled it (truck was completely stock) after having it for only a month (bought it used w/ only 11,500mi).
[size=75]Never get into an argument with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

With my spring over and 4 inch lift springs i think my truck sits at 59 inches to the mirror. im no where near the oil pan at full flex, but if your leaf under at full flex thats another like 5 inches. i would test it out at full flex and make sure before you go offroad and smack that pan ;)
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]