2 inch body lift & westin brushgaurds!!

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

apcrews10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

2 inch body lift & westin brushgaurds!!

Post by apcrews10 »

I have a westin sportsman brushgaurd on my 2002 Crew and am wondering how to get that to sit in the right position when I put a 2 inch body lift on my truck. If I leave it where it is at I don't think it will look right. So I am looking for any info on how to raise it up the two inches to look like it does now.
2002 CC S-10 - Extang Tonneau, TB Crank,Westin Sportsman Brush Guard
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

This is just a suggestion and not knowing if you still have tow hooks or not does muddy the waters a tad.

I have a Waag grille/brush guard that I raised with solid metal spacers inside the frame. I got longer bolts and picked up some 1st gen hooks and bolted them below the frame extending below the valence.

If you use the hooks it is important not to use spacers between the hooks and the frame. It will cause some frame distortion if you use the hooks with spacers.
Last edited by F9K9 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
apcrews10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by apcrews10 »

Yeah I still have tow hooks.
2002 CC S-10 - Extang Tonneau, TB Crank,Westin Sportsman Brush Guard
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

i got my brush guard from reed....i "made" lower brackets to mount the guard. i used 1/4" steel from home depot!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!