CLEARANCE ???

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

CLEARANCE ???

Post by ZIGGY K »

Alright gentleman, 2" B.L. with an inch and a half trimming off the back front fenders; gives me 35 1/2 " opening from front of front fender to rear of front fender. Can I sneak a 15 x 7 wheel with a 4" B.S. and 31's on the front without worrying about any clearance issues???? I know there shouldn't be any problem on the inside with the sway bar and frame , just thinking of the fender . Kind of like ROCK has. THANKS ,ZIGGY
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Best left to HJ but, my gut says he'd advise a no go. Just wait for him though. I have argued up down, right and left and just when I know I am right.......he proves me wrong.

Two months ago, I'd say go for it.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I don't know.

No the world has not ended as we know it! :lol:

The flares are a "wildcard" there is not enough information about them. Testing with different spacing and tire sizes will have to be done by someone with an eye for the problem areas and a knack for presenting it to us.

You can not just say that 1.5" has been removed, and that is what you gain. There is more to it than that. Sure that amount may have been removed, but the flare is then added. Not to mention where the diminishing returns are and where the closest point has been transfered to now.
Just have to wait and see.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ZIGGY K »

Thanks for the advice :)
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

A thought I had is depends on what you are doing with the truck. If you are on the street, you might be Ok and nothing will hit. Off road? All bets are off. When you are going over rocks and stuff, the suspension is going to flex in other directions than just up and down. What might not hit on the street could really tear things up off road.
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

I rub the top of the well when on rough terrain. With the extra 2 inches it would be very close to not rubbing but like Rusty said all bets are off. I dont have the BL but i can tell ya on the street you "should" be fine. I can load to the max and still maintain drivability with the 31's (no rub).
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ZIGGY K »

YEA, All street driving.. all modifications for appearance only. :D
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

no
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\