400 dollars for the body lift and install..

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

michael_4x4
Crew
Crew

400 dollars for the body lift and install..

Post by michael_4x4 »

I am going to order my body lift and its going to be about $230 and a guy i work with wants two hundred dollars for the install...for those who did it them selves how hard is it and about how long does it take....
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: 400 dollars for the body lift and install..

Post by F9K9 »

michael_4x4 wrote:I am going to order my body lift and its going to be about $230 and a guy i work with wants two hundred dollars for the install...for those who did it them selves how hard is it and about how long does it take....
6-24 hours but, we are here to help. :lol:

If you are located in or near KY I think we can beat that $200 for install and Top_Sgt and I will only reqiure nourishment. I think the six hours can be beat by over an hour :shock:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
michael_4x4
Crew
Crew

Post by michael_4x4 »

ya...i saw one guy on here got his and installed for $250.. i wish i could get that..but if you say it can be done in 6 hours or less i think $200 is way to much for that....i live in kansas....so thats a big problem...how hard is the kit to put in..i have a friend and his dad said he could help us..with the instructions and some help what do you think..
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Go ahead and do a search for the instructions that are for the BDS bl. It really isn't hard. It may be intimidating but dive on in. Can even give you my wife's 800 pager number. If you get stuck, just get ahold of any of us and I can call back on a cell for free on the weekends. :D

You will need a decent set of metric tools, a floor jack and four jack stands for starters.

It sounds like you have it covered with friend and father. Experiment doing searches on the BL here and other sites and you will pick up a bunch!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

I agree completely with Reed! It seems intimidating at first, but just go for it. Especially if you have some others helping you! I did mine all by myself and I AM NOT good at working on cars or trucks!!! Seriously! It took me 3 days to do mine, but again I was by myself and I suck at auto mechanics! That's why I always tell people, if I can do it, ANYONE CAN!!!!! Go for it, man! We're here to help as well!
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

hey there.....if you need help...i can give you my cell number for questions when you do the lift!! reed "watched " me do mine and i "helped him" do his. it really wasn't as bad as i thought it would be!! but then again i was a mechanic for 15 years!!!!
but if you have questions ,,, let us know!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

$200 doesn't sound too bad for the install if you absolutely don't want to get involved.
The average install should be around 10 hours. I take 12 to do the job, but it included the mount and balance of new tires, and build/install of gap guards.

I'll vote for do it yourself, and put the $200 saved toward the purchase of a used HPPIII ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK