wheel ?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

wheel ?

Post by ZIGGY K »

looking for wheels to match stock { 15x7, 6" b.s.} Haven't seen many options.. :shock: would like to run 31's in the summer and throw stock tires and wheels on for the winter. Any sugggestions would be appreciated !!!! THANKS, ZIGGY
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

What about used? Ebay?

I know that the fullsize spare wheels are steel and should be readily available at a salvage yard, as would many other wheels.
Plan on paying about $25 each around here for steel wheels. Older aluminum wheels can range from $25 - up depending upon the wheel. I wouldn't pay more than $50 each for used wheels though. JMO

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ZIGGY K »

would like to go new ,either chrome or polished
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

American Racing makes a few. But when I was looking, I really didn't like any of them. Try www.wayneswheels.net . They are out of California and are real good to work with. Also, the rims I bought from them were less expensive than if I bought them locally. And that was even with the shipping added! Just check out the website and give them a call. See if he has anything on clearance or on special.

BTW, my wheels are chrome & to factory specs. They are called Poison from a company call DIP.
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ZIGGY K »

THANKS PAULEO, i'll give it a LOOK !!!!!
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

ZIGGY K wrote:THANKS PAULEO, i'll give it a LOOK !!!!!
No problem. Here's a pic of the wheels I bought from them.

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/9 ... 825[1].jpg[/img]

Happy hunting! Let us know what you come up with!!!
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

Well I figured I would post a pic of the rims I ordered. Just to get a waddaya think??

Oh some specs:
15x10
4" backspace
2.9 bore
2500lb load rating
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

They look good. What kind of lift do you have?

Barch had a little less BS and rubbed badly with stock tires.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

they look like ION wheels rock I like those but at 10in wide you will surly have problems
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
TheBigFitz
Crew
Crew

Post by TheBigFitz »

If you want the 4x4 look, these are what I am running and they match stock. American Racing Outlaw II rims.

[size=75]SOLD - 2" BL, BFGR 31x10.50 on American Racing Outlaw II Rims (15x7, 6" BS), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 1" Torsion Bar Adjustment, Rear add-a-leaf, Westin nerf bars & tail light guards, Genuine Steel grill guard, Tinted Windows, K&N Filter - SOLD

New Ride: 2006 Chevy Silverado SS[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

RocK wrote:Well I figured I would post a pic of the rims I ordered. Just to get a waddaya think??
They look SWEET, Rock! I hope you can make them work on your rig!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

RocK wrote:...waddaya think??
... some specs:
15x10
4" backspace
I think that they look 8) But are not going to work without the 6" SL, BL, and fender cutting.

JMO

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

They look SUPER cool and they'll prolly fit fine... on the back :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

barch97 wrote:They look SUPER cool and they'll prolly fit fine... on the back :lol:
Such a sm*** *ss. :lol:

And to think I came an ace of buying some corvette wheels and tires off ebay because the seller said "fits camaros, firebirds and ALL S-10s. :shock:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

yeah i know i will need the lift. But that is just a bigger reason "to do it now" lol. I alrieady have the flares comming from bub's and tires from wally world for 121.00 a peice. with the buddy discount they are 435 bones for all of em. :wink:

i dont intend on any trail riding untill the lift is in. And I just sold a couple of cars so the lift is just about on the way. I hope with the cut-outs the will be driveable till I get the thing airborne. I am gonna put 31x10.5's on em cause i hate that squished look.

They are the ION's by the way and I hope it works out right.

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I really like the IONs rock but dont get polished go chrome .It takes me almost 1 hour each wheel to polish so now im going chrome
either this 1 in 17s Image

this 1 in 17s Image

or this 1 in 17s or 18sImage

with yokomaha tires or nittos
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

ok i am just kinda curious now. I guess I really never thought of it before BUT with a X10 rim and a 10.5 tire do ya think I may have trouble with the bead popping? I Still have time to send the rims back and get a new set. The plan was to get a rim that i could go to 12.5's in the future.

Hmm...

"Watch This"

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

you will be fine I have a 9.5 tire on a 7in rim
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

so how much back spacing do you reckon i'll be needin
with them rims.

As of right now I am gonna run the rims with the 31X10.5 and the cut-outs till i get enough to throw her up in the air.

I could do some spacers

"Watch This"

jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

i don't know if you'll get the wheels on even with the cut out flares. i'm running a 15x10 wheel with 3-3/4" b.s. and i can make it rub even with a 6" superlift and a 2" body lift...my torsion is even cranked up almost an inch over where super lift says to set it. i've got a friend that has 31x10.5's on a 10 inch wide wheel and it looks kinda scary.....i'll bet if i bumped his side wall with a shopping cart i could get the bead to break. if you look at most tire manufacturers specs they'll recommend 7"-8" of rim width for a 10.50 if you wanna keep your bead. i'd hate you see you mess up your truck by shoe horning those rims under it without some sort of lift or chew up your rims and tires by losing a bead. i don't wanna talk you out of but i thought i'd let you know what my experiance has been with wide wheels......i love the wide look though so i wouldn't think twice about buying 15x10's again
[size=75]2004 s-10 crew cab with 6in. superlift, 2in. bodylift, 31x12.50 pro comp mud terrains on 15x10 eagle alloy 589's[/size]
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

I was kinda thinkin that also but i cant say i have ever tried that kinda setup. I dont intend on takin it off-road untill i get her up but I would rather just get it as right as possible the first time. Like I said I could run spacers but as of right now i am rethinkin the 15x8's. I guess if i go bigger in the future i might have some rims for sale. LOL.

Thank yall for the help :D

"Watch This"

bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

if you go with 15X8's you'll be fine to run either a 10.50 or 12.50 tire.

my fenders are cut similiar to that of bubaloos cutout flares, 7 incehs of lift and fit 33X12.50's on 3 3/4 backspacing with no rubbing
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

Well i figured I would share this.

I ordered the rims from JEGS at 122.99 per and after all yalls input I called them back and ordered the 15X8's with 4.25" bs. The rims were cheaper at 112.99. But to make up the cost of shipping the rims back to them they dropped the new rims price to 99.99 and dropped the handling fee for the new rims that are commin. Talk about customer service. I was very happy.

Thank yall fer the input and advise... :)

"Watch This"

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I made the leap and just bought these 17x8s with 4.5 backspacing

and these tires 245/65/17s overall height is 29.5 exactly what my 30/9.5/15s are

1550.00 mounted balanced lugs to my door .
wifes not real happy with me right now :)
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

jeff024 wrote:I made the leap.....
:cry: I'm jeleous!!! :cry:

Cool rims, man! 8) Can't wait to see the pics! And I KNOW you're gonna post pics!!!! :lol:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

well I rethought it and called back and got these instead 17x7.5s they say here by next fri we will see .I wanted the lugs covered less to clean :)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jeff024 wrote:well I rethought it and called back and got these instead 17x7.5s they say here by next fri we will see .I wanted the lugs covered less to clean :)
I like those better :D Don't forsake the happy household for truck parts though.
If your wife is going to be unhappy...it is not worth it! Make sure you keep it even and satisfy her goals too.
It can be difficult, I know. My wife always says she doesn't need, or want anything. Make sure what ever she desires is taken care of to the best of your abilities, even if it means cancelling your order. She is forever, the truck is just your current transportation.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Hj wrote: Don't forsake the happy household for truck parts though
Those are words of a very wise Man!
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:
I like those better :D Don't forsake the happy household for truck parts though......If your wife is going to be unhappy...it is not worth it! Make sure you keep it even and satisfy her goals too.
It can be difficult, I know. My wife always says she doesn't need, or want anything. Make sure what ever she desires is taken care of to the best of your abilities, even if it means cancelling your order. She is forever, the truck is just your current transportation.

Hmmmmmm, Mod King, Mr. Gadget and now a new side........marriage counselor :roflmao:

In all sincerity.......Brule has a good point on this one.

I agree but, who am I to say? Am on wife #3 :lol:

I like the wheels but, would be afraid to even look at gravel wheel having them on my rig
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

shes fine just thought I was only gonna spend 1200-1300 but I went a little over but she went shoping last night :) so now shes fine :lol:
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

HenryJ wrote:
jeff024 wrote:well I rethought it and called back and got these instead 17x7.5s they say here by next fri we will see .I wanted the lugs covered less to clean :)
I like those better :D Don't forsake the happy household for truck parts though.
If your wife is going to be unhappy...it is not worth it! Make sure you keep it even and satisfy her goals too.

Dr. Phil???? Is that you????? :lol:

Just kiddin'. You `da man, HJ!
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Ever heard the expression "When momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"? That applies to wives as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

wamason wrote:"When momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"
AMEN, BROTHER!!!!

Take care of the Mrs!
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

H*LL I almost forgot my wife should be fine I got her this last SAT.

got rid of her GM made saturn vue that POS
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

The tires rub only halfway through the turn and other than that they dont rub anywhere else. They stick out about 4 inches from the wells and looks way cool. I am gonna have to cut about an inch total from the front and rear of the front fender and they will be fine. No lift whatsoever. HEHE. Doing the cutting in a few so they should be on tonight. I will take some pics so yall can see. I will have to cut them again when the flares come in so that they fit. But i dont wanna go too far. the truck was rocked side to side as far as we could get it and so far so good. We'll see......

"Watch This"

camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

the rims on my truck were actuall designed for the s10 they are american racing but i dont remember the name on them but im sure that they make a fer with the proper bs and tire width im in the gallery if you want to see them on the truck
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

Well here they are on and shiny. HeHe

"Watch This"

bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

hey rock those rubbing?

man i wish there wasnt so much trouble with the us border i would love to see that pic with flares :D
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

Hey rock they look good,but could you do a side shot of the truck.
were you going to do a lift of some sort
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

RocK wrote:Well here they are on and shiny. HeHe

Looks like you could use some lift and some rear spacers!
Nice looking truck though. :thumb:

Steve
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

Bub. No rub. I cut about an inch front and rear of the fenders/bumper. They clear the bed wells with about .5 inch to spare front/rear.

I had a side shot. I decided not to post it until I had another pic. See the birds up here have me targeted big time. That pic is 9 hours after I was washed and the RWL was exposed. LoL it seems they only like the passenger side though. :cry:

I am custom making the rear spacers (2 inch) so they will be a few days. But I cant believe that the track is that much smaller in the rear. I figured on an inch not being that noticable but man its huge.

I am thinking about waiting for the mystery lift from HJ. I have no rubbing now so Waiting wont be a big hassle. But I did have intentions on the SL 6".

Also the specs on them rims (just in case anybody wants magic numbers) are:
15X8
4.25 Backspace
Offset -30

Thanks fer the comments guys.

.....Dont fail me now HJ. :D

"Watch This"

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

RocK wrote:...Dont fail me now HJ. :D
Who said anything about a lift? :leave:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

What size and make/model are these tires. I believe you said previous that you were going to run 31X10.50s, is that what these are? It looks like the sidewall says BFG ATs but these look really meaty.

Looks awesome!!! :thumb: :drool:
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

RocK wrote:Well here they are on and shiny.
Aww, MAN! That looks AWESOME!!! I likey!
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

UH oh that could have been a long night HJ.... I will look for the thread...

Mystery Lift

Yes those are 31x10.50's BFG Mud Terrains. I get to go back to the shop today and see what they are gonna do about the nicks they left me in the rim. :twisted:
Man see what happens when you try to keep bussines local.

"Watch This"

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

dont settle for anything but replacement wheels that are scratched
go nutz in the shop :!:
ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ZIGGY K »

ROCK, truck looks great, when you say you trimmed an inch from the front fenders;are you actually trimming the inside lip of the fender , or are you taking an inch right off the body???
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

lets see some pics of your HACK job :lol:
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

ok i will get some pics of the hack job. But I will put them in another thread. I dont want this one to get too far off tangent.

HJ i am an :angel:

"Watch This"

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

finally got my wheels today after 2 weeks pics will be up tonight :rock:
ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ZIGGY K »

jeff 024, how do those polished wheels shine up ??
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I'm speechless.... :shock:

Do they rub at full turn with the suspension compressed?
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

my polished wheels shine up great but not like the chrome I just put on, the polished are hours of work the chrome are only minutes

My wife has the camera as soon as she gets home at 5:15est I will post pics.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Heres the new wheels and I changed it up a bit and went black out
Overall height is the same as my 15s were these are 17x7.5s
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Those wheels add some BLING !! What did they set you back and where did you get em? How about a front and rear view so I can see the stance, Using any spacers?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

Bling, bling....looks blindingly awesome Jeff!!! :rock:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I got them here SUPERBUYTIRES
I will get more pics just got those quick to get some posted.
Yes im running spacers in the rear 1 1/4s
They set me back $1564.00
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

They are look'n good jeff.... very shiny. :D

"Watch This"

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I was ready for shiny been polishing the other wheels for almost a year these you can spit shine :)
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

by the way wamason.... yes under full compression they rub the top of the fender. I found that out this morning when i took some 5 MPH train tracks at about 60 LOL. Crunch. no damage to the flares.

"Watch This"

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Rear view
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Nice wheels jeff024! You sure do have a nice looking truck.

Steve
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

thanks steve I spend alot of time keeping it looking good ,as do I like yours I just couldnt see spending over 2grand to lift my daily driver .Shes only 17 1/2 months old with now 75000 miles on her .

Chrome door trim is next so my black door trim will be for sale soon

This trim
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

75000 miles in 17 1/2 months !!!! I thought I cranked up miles, Ive cranked 20000 in the last 12 months because of work travel. What kind of oil are you using?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Mobil 1 synthetic and mobil 1 filters

Might switch to Royal Purple for all fluids
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I could not find the back spacing on this wheel but they say it will fit the 2001 Blazer 4wd. I sent them a email and if they fit these will be mine. The wheels would be 17/8 and the tires 245/65/17 I have Michelins on her Blazer and they are 3 years old with little signs of wear. What do you think.

Last edited by BADs Crew on Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

use the phone # on the site BAD when it picks up hit EXT.122 and speak to Darnell if those wont fit you can ask him for a list of wheels that will fit our trucks they treated me well .I would have gotten my wheels in about 10 days had it not have been 4th of July weekend when I ordered but im very happy with them.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

If the 1 you have pictured above wont fit I know for sure these will it was 1 of my choices

alot like the 1 you have above
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Hey thats hot too Jeff. Whats the name of it. Is it a 17/8. I wanted a wheel that wasn't wide open showing the brakes rotors. My truck is dark green with chrome bumpers and I think that wheel would look hot also. The truck needs some Bling. When they shipped yours to your door did the come UPS?
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Yes they came UPS and I made sure I was home when they got here in case I needed to sign.

the wheels above are Helo Specs they are 17x7.5 if you start getting to wide you might run into rubbing problems.

HELO SPECS

I have a BL and TB crank with this setup and have plenty of room
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

MAN! I am sick, Jeff! It took me too long to talk my wife in to letting me get the chrome 15" wheels I have now. They are only a year old. She would nevelet me go bigger. I WOULD LOVE TO GO 17"!!!!!! I am DEFINATELY jeleous! That is the look that I've been wanting. BTW, do you have aftermarket headlights as well? They sorta look different than stock.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

no just silverstar bulbs
clear corner lense with silverstars