Rough Country 6" Lift ??? Coming Soon??

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Rough Country 6" Lift ??? Coming Soon??

Post by gocntry »

OK,
Now Rough Country Suspensions Is Advertising A 6" Lift Is Coming Soon For 83 - 03 S 10 P/U Blazer & Jimmy.....

Look Here
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

It's about time we started getting more choices out there. Now we got what, three choices; 6" Superlift, 5" BDS, and 6" Rough Country. I'm not counting the Trailmaster because I haven't heard too many great things about it and everything that I have seen with this lift always has in quotes "not recommended for Crew Cab". I could be wrong but that's what I've seen in most of the 5" Trailmaster advertisements. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

just called rough country and they said that the 6" project has been put on the backburner. the guy said "don't quote me, but hopefully by the end of the year" oops....i quoted him :lol:

but i agree, i'm glad companies are taking notice of our often forgotten non-zr2's. it can only lead to more good things
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ruff country? isnt the same as AIM and all the other aliases out there.

guys, there have always been other options for lifts than TM and SL and BDS. its just that they suck so we dont recommend them. this is the same company who put out the 17" lift for full size chevies. i would never buy a kit that said it would fit a s-10 from 83 to 03....i can just imagine all the stuff that wouldnt fit right.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

its just that they suck so we dont recommend them.
I have looked around on other forums since I saw this thread and have heard the same thing from them. Everyone says the Rough Country lifts suck but maybe there will be some good out of them coming out with a lift. It could possibly drive the prices down on the other lifts because of more competition. Especially if it's cheap and have a lot of sales. Although, if it's a piece of crap then it won't matter because word will get out pretty quick and the other companies will be laughing all the way to the bank.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]