Rims and tires

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

coreylubahn

Rims and tires

Post by coreylubahn »

Guys,

I would like to see what different offsets would look like on my truck, so what I'm looking for is pictures that anyone may have, or could take, looking down the side of their truck showing their wheels/tires that have differing offset from stock. Eventually I would like to get some new wheels and I know I want the stance to be wider I'm just not sure where to go with it. So lets have a show of pics (with a description of the offset you have) to help me make up my mind...I would really, really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!! :wink:
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

YellowHammer you have the setup that I am thinking of running, any way I could convince you to snap a pic or two looking down the sideof your truck to show me how the wheels stick out, etc. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

ok here some side pics
15x7s with 5 1/2 backspacing riding on 30/9.5/15s Yokohama GeolanderATs

this pics looking from the front of the drivers side

this pics ground level drivers side

this pics from the rear down the drivers side
on the rears I have 1.25 spacers

this is the rear wheel

this 1s of directly over the rear wheel

and lastly the rear of the truck

if you need more I will run out and take whatever you need :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

I'll get a couple of pics tomorrow for ya. It's dark right now so I wouldn't be able to take a good pic. My set-up is Cragar 397s 15X7 with 4" backspacing. I also have 1.25" spacers on the rears.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

coreylubahn

Here's some pictures of my CC

Hope this helps with your decision

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

here is a pic i had on file, pay no atention to front ire its way out of alighnment.

the wheels are cragar 397's 15x8 4"bs, the tire is 32x1150, no spacers(yet)

steve2003, man you like your rig i thing you take pics every chance you get :thumb:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

jeggers wrote:steve2003, man you like your rig i thing you take pics every chance you get :thumb:
I'd like his rig too!!! But then again I like everyone's rig (mine's getting there)!!
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

Yellow Hammer wrote:I'll get a couple of pics tomorrow for ya. It's dark right now so I wouldn't be able to take a good pic. My set-up is Cragar 397s 15X7 with 4" backspacing. I also have 1.25" spacers on the rears.
Please do, I'm really starting to think that I'm going to go with Cragar 398s (can't yet decide between 15X7 or 15X8) with the 4" BS and 31X10.50s (basically your exact setup, especially since I have the same types of lifts...although I didn't get 2" on my torsion bar crank).
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

If you're going to run 31X10.50s, I'd stick with 15X7. If you're going with 33X12.50s, I'd get the 15X8. Pics will be here this afternoon.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

I had a little time before work so I went ahead and got the pics for ya.

Front DS

Rear DS close

Rear DS far

Front DS top (wheel is turned a little, I was in a hurry)

Rear DS top

Rear

Roll Tide!![/size]
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

Yellow Hammer wrote:I had a little time before work so I went ahead and got the pics for ya.
And I believe I saw in another post that you DID have to trim a little up front to get everything to clear correct? I really like the way this looks...thanks to you and everyone that has shared their pics...I really appreciate it!!!
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

:x I been meaning to take pics for you since you first posted this. I keep forgetting. Tying string around my finger now. :wink:
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

Yeah, but I didn't cut much to get the clearance I needed. I have flexed every way you can to the max with the wheels turned and haven't rubbed yet. I was rubbing the frame a little before I put the Cragars on. Now with the 4" backspacing, I don't have that problem.

Roll Tide!![/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

jeggers wrote:steve2003, man you like your rig i thing you take pics every chance you get
Yes I do like my truck, this truck is something I have dreamed of doing since I was a young teenager, but having a family and kids I lost my dream over the years until I found this site. So now money isn't a problem for me anymore, I got my dream back and actually I blame all you guys :lol: because if I had never found this site my truck would still be stock. I am only half way done with my truck and plan on a lot more pictures and a lot more postings as long as this site stays up :wink: so get used to it! :wink:
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

barch97 wrote::x I been meaning to take pics for you since you first posted this. I keep forgetting. Tying string around my finger now. :wink:
I added a few more photos to the board gallery but these probably illustrates best what you wanna see...

Yokohama Geolandar A/T+II 235/75/15 on Cragar 342 15x7 w/4"BS. +/- 3/4" Torsion bar crank. No body lift / No suspention lift.

and...
Yellow Hammer, Thanks again for the lug nuts. I think they look fantastic on the black wheels.
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

steve2003,

Ok, no bs here good for you :thumb: . keep taking the picks and we will keep loving them :cheers: . I would take more but the 13month old has different ideas :D keep up the good work if every one of can inspire 2 more crew owners we could real start some thing :D . :schwing:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd