Rear sway bar question

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

1337vending
Crew
Crew

Rear sway bar question

Post by 1337vending »

Ok, I got all the parts for the rear sway bar mod in the mail yesterday, and I ran into a slight problem....The bushings(part#15697706) don't fit! Everything else seems to fit fine, but the inside diameter of the bushings is 19mm and the sway bar is 23mm. :?: Is the part # wrong on the mod page?

A picture for clarification (click it for larger view):

I am looking into buying aftermarket urethane 23mm bushings for the rear sway bar, since I can't seem to find the GM# for the 23mm ones.
[size=75]2003 Indigo Blue Crew Cab - EFILive custom tune, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rear sway bar, ZR5 wheels w/ BFG 30x9.5x15 AllTerrains

Future mods:
Single 6.5" Bazooka behind the backseat[/size]
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

Did anyone answer this post? I'm about to order the parts for this mod and would like to double check the numbers.
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

This question would be best answered by Jim, I think.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

I bought all my stuff used except the brackets that mount to the frame, I didn't research the part numbers. sorry I can't be of any help here. :(
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Patrick is the one who gathered that information : Rear sway bar

Sadly, that thread as many others have the problem of images linked from other sites. They no longer exist :(

Here is the original thread: Parts list for Blazer rear sway bar.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

Yeah, the rubber bushing part numbers included on the mod page aren't for the 23mm bar.

I ordered a set of energy suspension bushings from PAW(performance auto warehouse) for a 23mm rear sway bar. Fitment is for a blazer, but will work with all the parts listed on the mod page. You will need to elongante the bracket holes on the bracket, since they are just barely not long enough. I'll see if I can dig up the part # and post it on here :D
[size=75]2003 Indigo Blue Crew Cab - EFILive custom tune, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rear sway bar, ZR5 wheels w/ BFG 30x9.5x15 AllTerrains

Future mods:
Single 6.5" Bazooka behind the backseat[/size]