I want to run 35's

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I want to run 35's

Post by SomeCrew »

OK holy cow, im confused now...

I thought that with backspacing, the more you have, the closer the wheel will be to the frame, and the less you have the farther from the frame u will be. For example a rim with 3" backspacing will stick out more than a rim with 5" backspacing.

I am reading a few other threads and it sounds like It is the exact opposite from what I thought. Which is it?

Sorry this got split unintentionally from the other thread. (made a mistake :oops: ) -HJ
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

somecrew the MD lift law is 28inches to the bottom of the bumpers

LIFT LAWS BY STATE
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

IL :poke:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Are you sure Jeff024? I called the State Police and that is what they told me, 31" from the lowest point on your body.
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Oh oh oh the greatest thing just happened. One ofmy buddies pulled up and gave me 4 free 35x12.5 tires!

4 interco thornbirds

http://www.intercotire.com/interco_tsl_ ... rd-600.jpg
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

watch out for those thornbirds.

my buddy has 33X12.50's on his full size with a 3" bl, they measure more like 13.50's and those nobs on the side WILL rip up your fender if they come in contact. if they snag on your frame hang on, it'll be a bumpy ride! you'll also only get about 15,000 miles out of them....if you're lucky.

and yes the smaller the backspacing number the further out the rim/tire will be from the frame.
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

follow the wise when lifting! I put 31" tires on and replaced the wheel bearings 30k after....

does your truck still have a warranty..if so and you lift, you will have trouble reclaiming a warranty... Are you ready for the decrease in MPG and the increase in fuel price? Are you ready to be wokring on the truck replacing ball joints, tie rod ends, wheel bearings? Will your truck pass inspection?Those thornbirds wear real fast.....Not to get you down. I mean Kcustoms and warnoffroads trucks look good but i don't think they are worthy of daily drivers...
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I am getting confused about all this warranty stuff. There are 4 or 5 Chevy dealerships within a 30 mile radius of my house and every one of them have at least 10-15 full size lifted trucks and Avalanche's, 2wd and 4wd, that are brand new. They take and have them lifted and put them on the corner of their lot. Mark Christopher in Ontario CA is the biggest Chevy dealer in this area and the guys who lifted my truck are the one's that do all the trucks for that dealership. I am wondering how they deal with warranty issues when the dealership, not the manufacturer, installs the lift? I guess I am going to have call around and find out, my warranty is about to run out but I have the extended warranty, just curious.
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Warrenty just ended on my truck, except for the ECU, I believe they are under wannenty until 80,000 miles.

Yes I am ready for the feul increase, I make enough $$.
Yes I am ready to replace ball joints, tie rod ends, and wheel bearings. I make enough $$ plus I had some of my buddies stockpile a few new wheel bearings and ball joints already.
No reason in maryland for me to have the truck inspected, so I don't really care about that.
And I know those tires are real soft and wear fast, they are just temp tires until I get my bonuses to get my baja claw radials...

Sounds to me like noone here wants me to do this :( :( :( :cry:

No fun if there was no risk right?
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Maybe this is just my case but I only ran 33's and I was replacing something in my front end like every week. I dont want to be a downer I am just telling you about my problems when I did the same.

I had a 2" body lift, the 2" superlift (a biiiig mistake), and the 5" trailmaster

Given I did do A LOT of wheeling, I eventually had to replace almost EVERY single moving part in the ifs besides the differential itself. I ended up replacing the ball joints multiple times and the cv joints multiple times too. Also I had to replace the wheel bearings once and by a couple months later after I took them off when I did the solid axle swap they were already bad and ready to be replaced again.

By about 4 months later I couldnt even drive it anymore my camber was so bad and I could not get an alignment until I pretty much replaced everything in my front end..........AGAIN!!!!

That is when I got pissed off at ifs and did a solid axle swap.

I will say that the trailmaster is not designed quite as well as the superlift but maybe you will have a better experience than I did.

Bubaloo whatchu talkn bout SAS looks ghetto?!?!?! is it just b/c I dont have your bling blingedy front skidplate anymore?? ahahahha, j/k but I bet I could OWN you like no other in a flex test.

If you actually plan on offroading go with the SAS

If you plan on it being a show truck and it isn't your daily driver and you dont plan on going offroading go with the IFS lift.

From what I have read of what you wrote I think you should go with the IFS lift, and if you treat it nicely and use quality replacement parts you shouldnt have too many problems

I hope some of that made sense, have a nice day :D
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Made lots of sense, thanks.

It is going to be my daily driver, but It will only be driven about 10-15 miles per day on average, most of the time less than that.

Like I said, wouldn't be any fun if there was no risk involved and parts didn't break, "price you pay to play the game." So I am ready for any problems may come along, and if something breaks, I will buy the toughest most reliable replacement out there, hopefully backed with a lifetime warrenty or something.

As for offroading, kiss those days goodbye for me, I just want a head-turner and hopefully win a few shows and bring some trophies and money home for the crew-cabs...
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

In that case you should be very happy with the superlift.

All I can say is if it breaks buy MOOG parts b/c they are the strongest I have found, and have a lifetime warranty.

Bring home some trophies for us!!!!! 8)
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I don't think anyone wants to discourage you, just to prepare you.

Spending $2500+ on getting your truck jacked up is great, but it's not something that can easily--or cheaply--be undone. You're going from a stock vehicle that has had millions of dollars invested to make it a safe, comfortable driver, to a lifted truck that will perform and handle like a totally different vehicle.

Everyone just wants you to be prepared :D
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Good point. Why doesn't someone just make a nice factory lifted truck and put it in production?
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Im on the phone now with GM to see if I can have that done for you by 06
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

coffee your dead :P

and some crew im giving up the 35s as soon as i can. my front end is toast. im moving down to 32 11.50s as soon as i get the money. i want some saftey in there. the 35s sit bowed on my truck and dont look safe any more. it may be the alighnment or wheel spacers or wheels but they are just to big. i actually wish i stayed with teh origianl 32 i had long time ago. dont get discouraged it looks killer but the problems keep your truck off the road lol
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Well...I could always just keep my 30" tires are roll around on them and use the 35"s for show purposes...
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

yah i love how they look but i need my truick to last awhile so i have to go down in size :(
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

SomeCrew wrote:Good point. Why doesn't someone just make a nice factory lifted truck and put it in production?
They do - The AEV Brute - full factory warranty, and some serious off road ability, depends on how much you wanna customize the running gear -
Last edited by adrenalnjunky on Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Yea, but Bubaloo, you do some serious off-roading, could explain the quicker wear on your parts, am I correct in this assumption?
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

im not crazy offraoding like coffee though. i do dirt trails and yeah once in a while i end up in a mess. im not sure who else has run 35s besides me a k custom but if you could get more info on how the truck held up it may help your desision.

Rusty

Post by Rusty »

SomeCrew wrote:Well...I could always just keep my 30" tires are roll around on them and use the 35"s for show purposes...
Considering how well all the crews did last saturday, I say why change anything! I was thinking about SFA, lockers, etc for my Blazer but I think I'm going to leave it alone now. I might do 31"s and cutout flares but I think that's going to be it. Well, one other mod: I'm gonna have the only S-10 with a Jeep Selectrac t-case in it. Don't ask me why - I can't figure it out either!
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Eh, I'm going for it, learn the problems as they arise and get them fixed, I will pay the price to play :D

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions/comments/concerns/preparations. Knew I could count on y'all. :D :D :D :D
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I'm sorry bubaloo :cry: will you forgive me?? :wink:

*cough* um bubaloo, that is the exact thing I was going through when I decided to do my SAS. my blazer was sitting in the driveway and my dad came in and said it looked pathetic with the tires all cambered in like they were (the alignment cams were ALL the way out as far as they would go and it was still f-ed up) and right then and there I decided to do the SAS and got it done within a month (of working on it EVERY day and non stop on weekends).

Some crew If you are lookin to make a show truck out of it you should be very happy with it.
As far as the parts wearing out I dont know what else to tell you besides use the best replacement parts you can find when you do replace something.

Also if you go with the superlift, from what I have heard it is a much better designed kit and should hold up a lot longer than the TM lifted trucks.
[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

You know, after hearing all the problems you guys are having with these lifts, you are doing a pretty darned good job of convincing me I don't want one! :lol:
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

jeff024
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

jeggers wrote:jeff024
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not funny :(
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:roll: yes funny somecrew :wink:
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

yah i can see why you did it coffee. it does get annoying as hell. :twisted: my trucks starting to bug me. i may go to 32s this week sell the 35s and go witha supercharger :D

you get your t case skid on yet?