Shackles (Revisited)

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Shackles (Revisited)

Post by Pauleo »

O.K. So I'm pushing my luck with my mods. My wife is ready to go nuts! I was able to talk her into getting the shackles but I forgot :roll: to mention that I would need another 50 bucks for an alignment after the TB crank.

SO!

My question is, does anybody out there know if our CC's look stupid with the shackles and NO TB crank???? Does it give it a wierd rake? Even better..... would any one happen to have a pic of such????? I know... I'm pushing it!

I'll be doing the TB crank, but I'd better hold off on it for a while. At least till my wife's blood pressure simmers down a bit! :lol:

THANKS GUYS!!!!
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i personally like a raked truck the shackles i have on my truck are 11 inches long and the t bars arent cranked much cause i like my truck raked. plus a stock s-10 looks like its driven around with 500 pounds in the bed anyway. i hate a sagging rear. i actually sell s-10 shackles through my company aswell if you would like a pair they are 2 inch lift ones. 1/4 inch steel black powder coated. 75 buks shipped. anyway i like a raked truck so i guess its all on opinion
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

it will look fine :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

OK......so.......what exactly are shackles?
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Shackles? Check out the mods page.
coreylubahn

Re: Shackles (Revisited)

Post by coreylubahn »

Pauleo wrote:Even better..... would any one happen to have a pic of such????? I know... I'm pushing it!
Go to the photo gallery and check out my truck...I have the 1.5" lift Daystars and no TB crank...I was going to do it, but I like the look of it exactly as it is right now....my rear is about 1-1.25" higher than the front and I really don't think most people would even notice, I do, but I like the way it looks, so I'm leaving it as is.
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Go to the photo gallery and check out my truck...
I really like your CC. Since you have the cap on the back, I would guess that the shackles took you back to stock rake. Or there abouts. I can't really tell with it parked in the driveway, up-hill.
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

actually the shackles wont slump like you think and if his topper is fiberglass then it wont weigh all that much so there wont be much leveling from it like you would think it may compress the springs a hair but thats about it and how it would look without here is mine with shackles and a tbar crank
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Camelott wrote:
actually the shackles wont slump like you think...
Really? O.K. I have ordered the shackles from Rocky Mountain Suspension Products. They were only 44 bucks compared to like 80 sumpthin elsewhere! I can't wait to put them on. I saw a ZR2 today that looked high in the back. I liked the rake. (I know they're high to begin with.) I REALLY like the way yours sits Camelott. 8) You have the BL too right?
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

yep got the bl i suggest if you go bigger tires get your computer fixed for them
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

8) Yeah, man! 8)
Got the shackles today, HOPE to put them on tonight! I'll post pics when it's done!
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Here's a pic for anyone who was looking for what I was at the beginning of this topic. A pic with shackles and NO TB crank. (I gotta do the crank next! I don't like THAT much of a rake on my truck!)

By the way, I have the 2"BL and 30" tires.

Also, when I jack the passenger side rear, I noticed that I blew a shock! Fluid started running out. Awwww, too bad! Now I'll HAVE to get new ones!! :D :D :D
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

It must be my nerf bars or something because mine doesn't have that much of a rake even though I've got the same setup....maybe my cap adds enough weight to sag the springs just a little bit and not make the change so drastic.
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

rake is where its at :P
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

bubaloo1983 wrote:rake is where its at :P
Amen Bro! :lol: :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...