Where to find trailmaster lift.

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Where to find trailmaster lift.

Post by SomeCrew »

Ok, I am new here, and everyone is talking about 5" lift here, 6" lift there, while I have been looking for a suspension lift for about a year now. I did not know about this site and found it today and so far it has been a God-send. The problem now, though, is that you guys talk about the trailmasert lift, but I can not find it :twisted: . Are you guys customizing a lift for another application? Or is the actual kit out there and I am just stupid?

Also, I have a 2" BL, and I want the 5" TM SL. If I do this, what is the maximum size tire I can stuff in there with little to no rubbing. Also what gears would I need with those tires.

Sorry so long! :?
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

I ordered my 6" superlift from summit racing (good pricing but they don't stock it). They do not carry trailmaster. I herd 4 wheel parts is good to. After the kit is on i am going to run 32s with 6" suspension and 2" body lift on 8" wheels with 4" bs. I have 373 gears i may look into 410s after we will see how it runs.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
welcome to the site
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Well where can I get the trailmaster lift from? I think that 8 inches would be a little too much, plus the 6" lift will most likely cost more, and funds is an issue.

Well, maybe I can make my decision a little better if I see pics. If any has a CC with either a TM 5" lift and 2" BL, or a SL 6" lift and 2" BL, I would appreciate it if you could post a pic of your ride on here so I can make a comparison and have a real good look before I decide what my setup is going to be. :D

And thank you for the welcome!
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

go to the picture gallery and look at KCustom's truck he is running the superlift 6 with the 2 in body and as for the tm and a 2 in body i think quick biker is running it but he may not have the 2 in body
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

when i first got my lift i rubbed 32s like a mofo. i would only go 31s if you dont want to rub at all
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Here ya go.........

Steve's truck 6"Superlift with 31x10.5 tires

Jeff's truck 6"Superlift with 31x12.5 tires

Bubaloos' truck 5"TM with 35" tires

Justin's truck 5"TM with 32" tires

Keep in mind that most are also using a 2" body lift :drool:
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Bubaloo's is the thrid blue one?

I like that...

Hey bubaloo, what size spacers did you use on the front and rear? Also, what gears are you running?
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

welcome to the site :wave: heres pics from several site members trucks
S-10 CREW CAB PICS
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

hey im running a 2 inch spacer in the rear nothing up front offset wheels,

im running 4.10s with enough power i think. when i had 31s it rocked for power with 4.10s now its back to normal.
im going 4.56s when i get some money lol
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

I think I will go with the trailmaster lift. Where can I find the lift for a good deal? Also, is the kit specifically made for the s10 crew cab? Or is it for another application, and if so, what application?

I know I have a lot of questions, but I have been building questions for a year now, so please bear with me. And here is another question... With this kit, is there anything else I have to buy to make the kit work or to make the truck more comfortable with the lift?

Thanks for the information Bubaloo and Border Man and Jeff024 and Jeggers.

Thanks again for the welcome. :D
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i guess where you can find one is what the cost will be i just went through a offraod shop and they found it for me. you can search online ect but i personally like new stuff ;)

good luck

SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

So the kit is actually made for the crew cab itself?

Because I have talked to a lot of aftermarket and offroad shops here in maryland, and they all say that a suspension lift for my truck does not exist.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

SomeCrew wrote:So the kit is actually made for the crew cab itself?

Because I have talked to a lot of aftermarket and offroad shops here in maryland, and they all say that a suspension lift for my truck does not exist.
Where are you in MARYLAND? I am also a Marylander :)
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

I am origionally from Arbutus next to Catonsville (I have to say next to Catonsville because noone ever knows where arbutus is, lol!)

Now I live in Columbia off Broken Land Pkwy.

Where-abouts in Maryland are you from?

And do you know a good shop in Maryland that can find that trailmaster lift?
Big E
Regular
Regular

Post by Big E »

Somecrew- Go with the BDS 5". It is a much better set up then the Trailmaster. The Trailmaster has bolt together, multiple piece crossmembers where the BDS has full one-piece crossmembers. This makes it a ton tougher and easier to install. It also includes a differential skid plate. Check it out here: http://www.bds-suspension.com/
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Im not that far from you im right down Interstate 70 off Rt.75 in Union Bridge. I know right where you are I roofed several houses around Broken Land when I was in my early 20s,now 34 and working for PEPSI in Hagerstown.As far as the lift gos maybe try Trick Trucks in frederick there off Grove rd. near the Keys baseball field.
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i forgot about the bds yeah sound slike a good lift...

i wonder how think that skid plate is?? :roll:

SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Big E- Thanks a lot man!

Jeff024- I do not think I know where Union Bridge is. I know where 70 is (of course) but I have no idea where route 75 is, lol....
Big E
Regular
Regular

Post by Big E »

I think Quality Plus Auto in Glen Burnie (south of Ferndale) carries BDS.

Bubaloo- The skid plate is made from 3/16" steel. I've installed both the Trailmaster and BDS. The BDS is just a superior kit in my opinion and you won't have to go on a wild goose chase to find one. Haven't had any experience with the SL so I don't have any insight on that one.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

its the Exit past Mt.Airy.The exit for New Market Im 10mins from westminster.30mins from where you are
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

hey at least the skid is good thick steel ;)

is the tm lift hard to find these days? i gues sits kinda out dated in terms of how old compared to the other 2 new lifts

SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Oh, ok. I think I know where you are talking about now... Never been there, but I got the idea where its at.
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

OK, so this is what I am thinking for my set-up. Let me know what you think...

-BDS 5" SL (already have the 2" BL) for a total of a 7" lift

-5 inch spacers front and rear

-some sort of 15x8 or 15x10 rim with 35/12.50R15 tires

-some sort of bigger fender flares
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Welcome SomeCrew

I am also a recent member to this site. I went with a 6 inch SL and no BL on my truck. I don't know about the trailmaster or the BDS but I can tell you the Superlift is great. link My ride stayed the same just a little rougher ride, like a truck, from the tires. Whatever lift you decide on, you won't regret it, just lift it. This is a GREAT site, you will find anything you need to know about our crewcab here. :D Good luck

Steve

made long url a link-HJ
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I don't know much about the BDS kit, but from other posts in this forum, the BDS kit seems about the same price and it replaces one a-arm on each side. The Superlift kit uses stock a-arms and I think claims horizontal cv's when not flexing. I've heard lots of good things about Superlift also while I've heard very little either way about BDS. Just my $0.02 though.

Also...the TrailMaster kit is recommended by the manufacturer for only models up through 97(maybe 99). Some installers will adapt it to work on later models, some won't because of liability issues.

And when you said 5" spacers...I hope you meant 5" total track width increase and not 5" on each side. 10" width increase (plus whatever increase you'd get from larger rims or rims with less BS than stock) seems way too wide. You'll go through wheel bearings and ball joints quicker than gas with that setup.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Big E
Regular
Regular

Post by Big E »

The BDS upper A-arms are extremely heavy duty. They make the stock ones look tiny. They are a direct replacement for the original (dimensional). You could put them on a stock vehicle. They have nothing to do with adding lift. The trailmaster kit doesn't have these arms and they make you trim the OE arms to clear the shocks. I have seem many OE arms collapse because people wouldn't trim them correctly. I'm not sure how SuperLift gets away without using new arms to clear the shocks. They must be relocating the shock mounts or something. I know they used to use new arms in their ZR2 kit.
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Haha, sorry about that, I did not mean 5" spacers....I would get down my street and my tires would fall off :lol:

I meant 5" backspacing on the rims, lol
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

I hve my superlift kit on the floor in the house i will take some pics and post them tonight. sl relocates the lower shock mount and uses a norow body shock up front, the crossmembers are one piece. The kit looks real strong. The bds kit looks ok to, just that the sl kit also has one piese upper control arm drop brackets and the sway bar brackets tie into the fron crossmember, sl also uses this center link to drop the steering not shure how bds is doing it. sl uses a larger skid plate that ties into the fron and reer cross members. i will post pics of the hole kit.
sorry to ramble on.
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

Forgot this, i would not buy the tm kit not to nock any one who has it.
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Just ordered the Superlift kit. 8)
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:D where did you get it from
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

got it from 4wheelerssupply.com cause of free shipping
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

cost???
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

$1665.95 with free shipping. Summit wanted the same price and charge for shipping....
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

i payed 1667 from summit no shipping ,some handling charges not much, and i got the skid and stablizer for that price. i cuold be wrong but i thaught the did not charge shipping.
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

if yoiu got the same thats cool. 4wheel parts stocks them summit does'nt i waited three months.
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Its all good. I got the lift, thats what matters.

Now I gotta find a shop around here that wont charge my first born child to install it. :lol:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Try trick trucks in Frederick its only 30 mins from where you live
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Trick Trucks: $1300, no alignment :shock:
Mid Atlantic 4x4: $975, no alignment :shock:
GW Motorsports: $800 with alignment :wink:
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

here is the kit :P :D
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

this is better
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

800 doesnt really sound that bad for all the work thats involved
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

If i had 800 left , i would do it. kit tires wheels :shock:
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Kit looks pretty decent indeed. Quite the fine purchase.

Were any parts missing that were supposed to be there or anything?
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

sooo many parts.....sooo little time!!!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

somecrew, Ya missing parts. not that bad i am waiting on the tie bolts and the front crossmember 14mm by 110mm bolts they shipped 100mm bolts, ok if you did not get the skid, it mounts to the crossmember with the sway bar drop brackets. also missing some bushings for the steering stabilizer.
I know jeffc was missing a tortionbar drop bracket and had the same problem with the bolts.
When you get the kit look the hardware over good. post some pics when it is done, good luck.
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Bolts were missing eh? Some were wrong size, too? Sounds like something to look forward to! I love the challenge of getting parts that dont work and making them work :lol:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I told my wife I needed the SL by the end of summer , you would have thought I just sold my 4yr old on the black market.I think she caved then co,plained the at 8in higher then stock then her and my kids couldnt get in :) HMMM no more eating in my truck :)
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

EDIT--DELETE
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Color of shocks on the SL

Post by Steve2003 »

I was just wondering what the invoice for your SL says about the part number on your lift, mine says SUPK776B what I was curious about was I saw a picture of your kit, which is the same picture I have seen on every site of the SL. The shocks are yellow and white. The shocks on my kit are black and polished steel. I was wondering are your shocks Bilsteins? I had heard they were using different shocks when they first came out with the kit, I was wondering if there was an A and B kit and that is why you got the skid plate and steering stabilizer shock with your kit. My shocks say Bilsteins right on the side of them.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Hey, I'd go with the SL if I did it again. 5" may sound alot, but when your there, you want more. But it seems the SL is built tuffer and better designed. But another thing to check out, which is very important in my book, is whether you can use the Realift tbar relocators with the SL lift. Cause if you go off-roading, the dagone drop brackets will get hung up everywhere. So if you can't get the Realift tbar relocators for the SL lift, I'd say go with the TM lift. Cause those drop brackets will get ya all the time on the rocks. With mine, I just slide across just about anything, no worries.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

steve2003, I have the superlift hydro shocks, the part # is some thing like supk776 no b. I was looking over the summit site and they have the kit listed as a combo under the k776 number, maybe the get a good deal on superlift and they can sell them at lower prices. I have not seen the blilseins upgraded kit on there site.
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Jeggers

Here's a picture of my shocks that came with my SL kit. I'm not sure now about ordering the stabilizer shock, not sure I want yellow and white to go with my Bilsteins. I wonder if Summit has the Bilstein stabilizer shock.