? for justin from R.I.

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

? for justin from R.I.

Post by ZIGGY K »

justin i see your running 31" bfg all terrains; i'm looking to run the same tires, i had a few questions for you . do you have any rubbing ?? did you crank the t-bars ?? how much ??? did it solve ALL rubbing ?? any problems with cv boots ?? THANKS,,, ZIG
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I did not crank the T-bars. All I did was level out the truck from side to side(one side needed like 1/2 a turn). I don't want to ruin cv's. As far as rubbing with stock rims, they will rub the inner frame and occasionally the torsion bar. I also have mud guards and I can hear them scraping when I've turned and hit a bump. BFG 31's really measure 30.5" but it's the width that right at 10", which makes the tire rub. If you absolutely love to have 31's then and don't mind occasional rub and a little power loss, then by all means. The BFG are great tires that wear well and are a great all-terrain tire for snow, mud and normal driving..Side profile looks good on the truck too :wink:

I did just recently replace the passenger wheel bearing. Some can argue that it is because of the larger tires but the driver side is still tight and all trucks and drivers are different...Either way, it cost me $250 to replace....

good luck zig...
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ZIGGY K »

THANKS justin ,