Aggressive tires

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Aggressive tires

Post by ace »

Anybody know of a 30" tire that looks aggressive like a mud terrain yet holds up like all terrains on the street?
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The MTR's are going 40-50k in the fleet here.
You are going to be hard pressed to find a mud tire with an aggressive tread that will do over 40k on the street.

The Geolandar AT's are deceptively aggressive. All the pictures that I had seen did not do them justice.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

HenryJ wrote:The MTR's are going 40-50k in the fleet here.
You are going to be hard pressed to find a mud tire with an aggressive tread that will do over 40k on the street.

The Geolandar AT's are deceptively aggressive. All the pictures that I had seen did not do them justice.
I'll have to check out the Geolander's in person then. I also want to make sure the tire i go with is decent in the snow too.
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

BFG tires last quite a bit. Their mud terrain and all terrain KO tires are aggressive, a nice hum from road noise and wear real well. I have 38k on mine and still plenty of tread...
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

you can check me out in the gallery but i cant tell you just yet how much milage im gonna get out of them
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

I have a set of geolanders in the garage waiting to go on and they look like a good snow and street tire , but they are not mtrs. Hey u get what u pay for.
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

here some pics of the Geolanders up close

A bit dirty because of all the snow the past few weeks but gives you a close up look of them . These have about 10-12000 miles on them
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:The MTR's are going 40-50k in the fleet here.
We use these tires also on all our trucks in the rock quarry where I work. Excellent puncture resistance (probably the best out there), excellent mileage and traction. I am running these on my CC as well, and they have never let me down. I have 26k on mine, and they still look almost brand new. The only down side is that they are priced much higher than say the Geolanders which are a really good deal for the price. I got my MT/R's from Tire Rack when Goodyear was having a buy 4 tires get $80 back deal. :) This made them more reasonable.

Steve
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I'm really happy with the MTR's also. Snow traction is outstanding. In the couple snows we've had since I got them compared to the couple snows before when I had my Dunlop Mud Rovers, the traction is a night and day difference. I haven't felt the need to put it in 4WD since I got them and it's much more difficult to spin the tires on snowy surfaces. it spoils my fun a lot of times in open parking lots. :)

They're a WHOLE lot quieter than the Mud Rovers too.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
n0m4d
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by n0m4d »

I had Cooper Discover LT's on my last S-10. They were very agressive and great in snow and mud (and bout 50 each). My dad is a fleet mechanic for the New York Power Authority and swears by them for all of the crew's line trucks. They have supernatural tread life too. The only drawback was the slightly harsh ride and humming at highway speed. With my crew i went BFG AT's for the quieter highway ride, but will use the Coopers next time (better in snow).

http://www.coopertires.com/us/en/Produc ... uck&id=174

[size=75]No more CrewCab. Now driving 2007 Hummer H3, 5-speed, 35" Toyo Open Country MT's, PIAA in the driving lights. [/size]
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

I am using a set of 30" BFG mud terrains right now and I have had no problems with them. Had them for almost a year now and still tons of tread left, plus they give a little hum goin down the road. Very good for off-road use, as far as I have seen, as well.