line rubbing on shock mount pics

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

line rubbing on shock mount pics

Post by 2bunik »

ok Since I installed the 2 inch BL I have had these lines below
PICTURES HERE
These pics were taken ehn looking in the drivers side front fender well.. If you go outside and look ull see what im talking about ...
Does anyone else have this problem.. oh and the tape around the line is a plastic clamp I found and electrical tape to keep it from rubbing throught the line .. I had left this problem alone until I was reminded with the mention of the latest BL install...
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

so what exactly is the problem? :?:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

since i just did my BL,,, i;ll check the lines on mine tonight and let you know what i find out...if my lines are rubbing or not!!! :)
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Mine ended up exactly the same. I very carefully moved them away from the a-arm mount by slightly bending them away from the contact point. Make sure you don't bend them too much. If this problem is left alone the mount will eventually rub a hole in the brake line and cause a loss of pressure (not good). :(

Steve
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

checked my lines tonight......no signs of rubbing the shock mount.... i could get my fingers between the lines and the mount.. :)
you might try pulling on the lines some to move them away from the mounts. i would not use anything like a pry bar to move them for fear of kinking the line. you should be able to pull them some with you hand!! :) :)

any more questions let us know!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

top_sgt wrote:checked my lines tonight......no signs of rubbing the shock mount.... i could get my fingers between the lines and the mount.. :)
you might try pulling on the lines some to move them away from the mounts. i would not use anything like a pry bar to move them for fear of kinking the line. you should be able to pull them some with you hand!! :) :)

any more questions let us know!!
David,

There should be an easy mod to this if, it is where I am thinking. Is it the brake lines on the driver's side that was to far to stretch the lines back to the original white nylon clamp?

My thinking is a long self tapping screw with w spacer/washer arrangement to raise it up enough to secure those lines.

Bad thinking?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

that might work reed....i see what you are talking about.......depending on where you can mount the lines. mine are ok the way they are. in fact,, i could probably pull mine down to reach the nylon bracket,, there is plenty of play in the coiled part coming off the master cylinder.
his lines were touching the shock mount at the top of the tower..
he might be able to take a bracket of sorts and use the tapping screw and attach them to the mount......there by eliminating the rubbing problem.. :idea:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I just looked at mine and mine is also right up against the shock mount but something will be done with it this weekend.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

well.........glad we got everyone looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

:shock: sorry to bring it up but I'm sure glad I did.. and I see what you say about mounting them to the shock mount.. I dont think it moves with the suspesion .. I need to look again.. SURE GLAD I FOUND IT.. BEAT HENRY J for once to something
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]