s-10/blazer gurus look here :D

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

s-10/blazer gurus look here :D

Post by bubaloo1983 »

got a question for some one who would know this stuff as i cant find an answer.

is the skid plates for the underbody ) tranny/transfer cas) the same on the zr2 and z85 suspension? i knw the front is different but what about the nderbody?

if any one knows let me know please and thank you
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

If the ZR2 has an entirely different type frame, I would think that they would be different. Maybe a quick check on gmpartsdirect.com or a call to a dealer would give you a part number comparison :)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It is only the front shield (Steering shield) that differs.

Because of the lowered suspension points, the ZR2 has a longer front shield.

The rest are the same.
(Of course remember I'm the one who thought they were all the same for quite some time :roll: )
Last edited by HenryJ on Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

My Blazer is a first gen and I think HJ and I decided it was different from the second gens or something (it's been a while). By the way, HenryJ, do you still have those skid plates? I remember you said you'd sell them to me for the cost of the shipping but I forgot all about them.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Rusty wrote:My Blazer is a first gen and I think HJ and I decided it was different from the second gens or something (it's been a while). By the way, HenryJ, do you still have those skid plates? ...
The engine/front diff. plate design is the same, with the exception of the drain plug access. First gen requires a hole for the passenger side mounted drain plug. Second gen. has a notch in the back for the rear mounted drain in the cast pans.

The transfercase shields are completely different.

I do still have that first gen transfercase shield, and maybe a steel shield for the front if you still have the oil filter mounted up in the driverside engine compartment.

I'd probably have to shovel snow off of them, but I'm sure they are still there ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote:
Rusty wrote:My Blazer is a first gen and I think HJ and I decided it was different from the second gens or something (it's been a while). By the way, HenryJ, do you still have those skid plates? ...
The engine/front diff. plate design is the same, with the exception of the drain plug access. First gen requires a hole for the passenger side mounted drain plug. Second gen. has a notch in the back for the rear mounted drain in the cast pans.

The transfercase shields are completely different.

I do still have that first gen transfercase shield, and maybe a steel shield for the front if you still have the oil filter mounted up in the driverside engine compartment.

I'd probably have to shovel snow off of them, but I'm sure they are still there ;)
Sounds like what I'm looking for. Let me know how much and how to get you the money. I'm still working on pulling out the locked up "5 cylinder" that's in it (either #3 or #4 kind of self destructed). By the way, anyone have any ideas how to get to those 3 torque converter / flywheel bolts when the engine won't turn over? :?
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

thank for all your help guys.

the reason i ask is im making metal skid plates for our trucks for the underbody now. already got someone in on them from here :wink:

if anyone else is interested let me know.

i will by the end of this week have the whol skid plate set for our trucks finsihed
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

heres the tranfer plate for ya :D pretty thick aluminum too

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

how soft is that on the pocket?
:P
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

muhahah ... 125 bucks its really thick stuff :D

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Not to jump the gun or to rush you in anyway but, you did say complete shield set? :D

Fuel tanks too?

When you get the stuff ready and rolling out to your biggest consumers (regular S-10/15s, ZR2s and ZR2 Blazers) do you think you can tailor a a fuel tank shield for us if/and when you have time?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

im in for some body armor also
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

unfortuanly i was looking at the gas tank sheild and it would take me some time to finsih i tell ya :shock: its doable just will take time so as of now it stands as complete set ( not the gas tank though :cry: )

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

im sure very soon we will see the complete set under that crazyblaze
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

oh very soon :D

i will have the tranny sheild picks up after, if any one would actually like one or two of these underbody plates just let me know lol

:idea:

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

bubaloo1983 wrote:unfortuanly i was looking at the gas tank sheild and it would take me some time to finsih i tell ya :shock: its doable just will take time so as of now it stands as complete set ( not the gas tank though :cry: )
Well, your time is better spent making your product for where it has the most bang for the buck :D

I certainly understand and hope you never have time to worry about the fuel tank shields for CCs. It would mean you are too busy keeping up with your avalanche of orders from the other S-Series owners :D
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

lol you know whats really wierd though, the crew cab owners have only added to one...yeah one skid plate sale. the zr2 owners however have added to 35!

others have acounted for maybe like 7? thats full size gm

other then that thats all i have so far done anyway.
i know have the colorado done aswell and by the looks of it i have 20 order son a group buy for that one. so its just wierd i thought the crews would be mor epopualr but what do i know lol

oh wel i got lots if you want one cheap heheh

coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

You know if I get these skidplates I'm just going to have to find bigger rocks to bash them on. but this time I will get a pic of it on the rock!!
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

oh we will make em work dont worry :D