lugs

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

lugs

Post by ZIGGY K »

before ordering spacers just wanted to check the size of the lugs on the crew..... 12 mm right ?????????????
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

from the main page:

Stock wheel size: 15" x 7"
Stock backspacing: 6"
Stock offset: +2.5" (63.5mm)
Pattern Circle Diameter: 5x4.75" (120.65mm)
Thread size: 12mm x 1.5
Pilot diameter (center bore): 2.75"
ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ZIGGY K »

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

spacers came today and the retards send me 20mm not the 12s after I told them what I wanted.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

:shock: Whoops... Those won't work
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Typically when something like this happens, the retailer is responsible for all costs associated with exchange. Assuming of course you ordered the correct part and they shipped a different part. Still a bit of a hassle but, they should exchange for correctly ordered part and refund shipping cost.

Where did you order from? Might be helpful for other folks to know to be more careful when ordering from them.

Good luck.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jeff024 wrote:spacers came today and the retards send me 20mm not the 12s after I told them what I wanted.
Are you sure that they are 20mm? That is frigg'n huge! Something you'd find on a Freightliner :shock:

I'll be they are 1/2", and there is nothing wrong with them other than you have to use different lugnuts. I am running them on my fronts.

Now convenience of matching lugs is another thing. The retailer may work with you if you did not get what you requested. If it doesn't work out that way you can pick up stock studs for your S-10 at an auto parts store and have them pressed in at a machine shop. The studs will run around a buck a piece, and if you have a friend with a press you can probably get them pressed in pretty reasonable.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I got the spacers on I went to Pep Boys and got the right stuff and yes HJ they were 1/2s but I emailed them as soon as I figured out they were wrong and they send me an Email less then an Hour later stating they would send me the correct lugs and studs so I will have an extra set :) here where I got them from SPACERS It only took me 3 days to get them.$81.50 shipped
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Not too bad :D and they look like the large diameter spacers.

Be sure to press those studs in. It is tempting to drive them in with a hammer and punch, but a press does less damage and sets them straight.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

ALL I did HJ was go get 10 lugs at the stock size to install spacers and get 10 new Lugs at the 1/2s to install my wheels seemed to work just fine and rolls as smooth as when I got my CC so I didnt remove the studs.

HMMM with the BL and spacers maybe now its a ZR2 CREWCAB :)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jeff024 wrote:...with the BL and spacers maybe now its a ZR2 CREWCAB :)
I think if you park side by side you will find yours maybe even slightly taller when you both have the same size tires. The Z still might be a little wider.
My friend with the Highrider said that He wished he had gone the direction that I did. Mine with all the add-ons came to about the same as what He paid for the RPO ZR2.

Now if we just had a good option for flares, *KCustom ;) , then we would really be set :D

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I parked next to a GMC highrider the other day im just as tall and he had 31s I have 30 so next time around Ill be gettin 31s my truck measures 35 1/2 inches to the bottom of all fenders so im level. At bone stock I started at 31 7/8 at the front fenders so IM movin on up :) love this truck more and more with every mod