fireston tires

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

fireston tires

Post by ZIGGY K »

looking at a set of firestone wilderness tires 31x10.5x15, for the crew, any feed back on these would be appreciated.... are they considered to be a small 31 ??? :shock:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

no there not small most all 31s are about 30.5 overall but read these reviews on the firestones not very good reviews[url]
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

heres several reviews of more tires maybe go with something else MORE REVIEWS
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

jeff024 wrote:no there not small most all 31s are about 30.5 overall but read these reviews on the firestones not very good reviews[url]
I may sound like an advertisement :) but I looked over those reviews before coming down to the two tire choices.. After looking at both, and emailing a lot of people (thanks guys) that have them, I went with the Revo.. Not disappointed at all. Havent taken them too many placs off road yet (had themn on a little under a month), but have done some offroading.. They are quite on the highway (just a little tire sound if you drive with the windows down), and the little offoad I've done do far they have great traction.
Done a little in soft/wet dirt (not mud) in 2wd and 4wd to check their traction, they power right through in 4wd, and really tear it up (and throw nice rooster tails of dirt) if you go through in 2wd with a little tire spin :wink:
In mostly dry/soft dirst theypower right through. And on a old beatup ex-road/now more of a trail (hard dirt/soft dirt/rocks/broken pavement mix) in 4wd they go right through and didnt slip or have any apparent problems with any of the surfaces or changes in the surfaces.
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
heyspike

Post by heyspike »

Does anybody know what the Jeep Rubicon's are running? They look like a nice tire.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

from jeep.com
LT245/75R16E Black Side Wall 31" MT/R tires
All other editions are goodyear wrangler A/T. the website doesn't specify a brand for the rubicon only a size but, I'm guessing it's a goodyear.

did they look like this?

AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Yep...Wrangler MT/R's are standard on the Rubi's.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

barch97 wrote:from jeep.com
LT245/75R16E Black Side Wall 31" MT/R tires
All other editions are goodyear wrangler A/T. the website doesn't specify a brand for the rubicon only a size but, I'm guessing it's a goodyear.

did they look like this?

All of our Rubicons came with 31X10.50 mtr's
That was a small dope catch. Only about 360lbs.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

yep defiantely getting a set just gotta get home first hehehe stupid desert but they are rated very well in the snow and on the ice so i figure even though it is some extra cash itll be wirth it have you guys seen anything on the new discovery stt's
heyspike

Post by heyspike »

That's a nice looking tire. I like the tires with the aggressive sidewalls, they just look better :D What's up with the masks? I would hate to run into you guys at night :o