need your thoughts guys

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

need your thoughts guys

Post by bubaloo1983 »

as you all know i have the trailmaster and a bod. im running 33 10.50 tires. but ive noticed a problem and i wonder if you guys can give your thoughts....you know when your driving and you turn then release the wheel? the wheel returns to normal postion on its own right? well mine doesnt anymore! :S but i remeber it use to. its pissing me off lol!

anyone else have this prob? is it because the tires are so big now? or is something broken? any help would be good and of course any ideas on how to fix it!

later guys
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

do you have the steering stabilizer, is it still connected, other than that, i dont know, but i bet it wont take long before someone tells you exaclty what part to go buy from Advanced Auto Parts, heck, they probably can give you the part number, and the name of the guy that will go find it for you :lol: :lol:
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It may be worth a trip to the alignment shop. They can inspect for damaged / worn parts as well as out of spec. alignment issues.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

dang i just got it alighned and they didnt notice.....umm i guess i will take her to the stealer :( good god
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I just got an alignment last week and my tire is already out of camber and it pulls to the right pretty bad when I brake.

But I payed extra at ntb to get the 5 year alignment warranty, Im going to replace my upper ball joints then plan on taking advantage of the warranty. They are going to love me!! hehehe. :evil:

I also payed extra for lifetime tire balancing, already took advantage of that once. my swampers were so out of balance after my first real offroad trip that they had to put on clamp weights and also stick on weights on top of stick on weights. guess thats what I get for spinning my tires while trying to get up a rock ledge.
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

Anyone with bumpsteer?

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Brad wrote:Anyone with bumpsteer?
Never heard of it but, I have an excuse.......a baby boomer :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I never trust any shops. I got my own alignment tools and never had a problem, of course I can align mine any time I feel like it. My tires wear very evenly. Some things to check are: Any binding in the steering linkage (if the idler arm is just cranked down and not checked, it can bind), check your caster. And I didn't see an answer for someone who asked about steering dampers, that will affect it some. And I think you just put that lift on, it will settle some.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

If I let go of the wheel and hit the brakes hard enough my car makes right hand turns for me, I dont have to work unless I want to go left. (guess I'll never be a nascar driver :roll: )
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Could be someone got oil/grease on the rotor. Some brake cleaner spray may take care of that.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

nope it only started after my drivers side wheel went out of camber.
[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

coffeedrnkr wrote:nope it only started after my drivers side wheel went out of camber.
Hey, was thinking of your problem yesterday while I was driving. My steering snaps back to center like a rubberband snaps back, and I even have dual stabilizers. If you can't find what's wrong, I'd get it checked out, could be dangerous. Good luck, and let us know what ya find.
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

What about my steering wheel moving when I hit bumps? I don't fight it but it will move with a loose grip.

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

it is pos camber that affects that right? I dont remember I havent messed with alignment stuff in so long