Kumho Venture MT

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Kumho Venture MT

Post by CrazyChaz »

Has anyone tried the Kumho Venture MT's yet? I was just checking out tirerack.com and they seem highly rated with lots of good comments. I may be willing to be the guinea pig with these tires I just need to pick a size(the stock 235/75-15 $77 each or the 30X9.5-15 $81 each) but I cant get them till the end of october(need to sell RT/S's first). If anyone has any input on the matter let me know.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Is your truck completely stock? Any modifications? almost all tires that claim to be 30s or 31s, on up are almost always slightly larger or smaller in diameter. A 30 may fit one truck and have rubbing issues on another stock truck. I am relatively new with this subject but, I am sure the the veterans will want to ask the same questions when they review your post. Wish you luck!

HenryJ I think you have out done yourself on the avatar this time! Thanks!

You're welcome :D The last one was missing a little something, so I Dogpile image searched k9 and found that sunset. Didn't take but a minute to photochop into the background- HJ
Last edited by F9K9 on Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrazyChaz »

Yes,my truck is stock as far the suspension goes. I wish a tire place around me would carry kumho so I could get a look at there 30X9.5X15 to at least get a idea if it would work or not.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Just sit tight and the veterans with experience will catch your post and answer you. I believe our tires stock are 29" and as I said before, each truck is diffrent. You may be a pioneer with this particular tire. I'm still sweating bullets if my stock tires will fit diffrent back spaced rims without any lift as of yet. :lol: :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Kumho Venture MT

Post by HenryJ »

CrazyChaz wrote:... I just need to pick a size(the stock 235/75-15 $77 each or the 30X9.5-15 $81 each)...
I would say put a front tire up on a curb, then turn the wheels to where the tire is closest to the rear of the fender. Measure the clearance available.

Here are the specs:
Goodyear rts 235/70-15 width 9.3" dia. 28.2"

Kumho MT 235/75-15 width 9" dia. 28.6"
Kumho MT 30X9.5-15 width 9.2" dia 29.3"

I would say that if you have 1/2" clearance you can run the 30's. If it is close a little T-bar crank may be enough to make the difference.

I have had the stockers rub on a good flex with out a BL, so if you don't want to take chances stick with the 235's

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrazyChaz »

After taking HenryJ's advice I think I will stick with the stock size for now. It looks like I would have to crank the T-bar a good bit to get the 1/2" I need and really dont wanna do that so 235/75-15 will do just fine. Thanks for the advice :)
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Before I did the body lift and t-bar crank, I had 30x9.5" Dunlop M/T's on mine and they rubbed a little bit when turning and flexing. They were some of the larger 30" tires I found though.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Mr.ZR5
Regular
Regular

Post by Mr.ZR5 »

If there is a tire discounter near you they have them in stock.
CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrazyChaz »

After thinking about how much I would use a MT type tire(not that much I figured). I decided to go with BFgoodrich All Terrain's at the stock size 235/75-15. Had the them mounted on last Friday and took them for a spin on a backroad before a hunting camp Very Impessive to say the least. Plus I dont have to put up with those crappy Goodyear RT/S's anymore I sold them to a friend for $200 :evil: .