Truckin suspension lift

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Coda
Crew
Crew

Truckin suspension lift

Post by Coda »

While i was just looking around the net for some other lift options i remembered that truckin suspensions made a 6" lift for our trucks. I went on the site and it says 1995 - 2003 CHEVROLET S10,S15,BLAZER,JIMMY LIFTKIT 6.5" BL9503 S10 FRONT/REAR
Body Type: SUV Wheel Drive: 4WD .... Would this kit work on our Crews? And does anyone know if someone has had one of their lifts their truck (i heard that they are not the best lifts). And info would be great.. thanks,

~Coda
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I think that Warn originally had one of these on his before he went SFA. Highroller has the 5-7 or something on his and is reportedly doing ok -- it is unknown if he goes offroad with it--doesn't post here much.

You are correct in that the company is a derivative of AIM industrues who is notorious in the automotive aftermarket for problems with customer service, and at times, lackluster parts.

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/phpBB2/viewt ... ht=truckin

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/phpBB2/viewt ... ht=truckin

Among other threads I found those quickly by mtyping in "truckin" on the search function.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

I know a guy who has an 01 Dakota that was undrivable after the install of a Truckin Suspension lift.

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

haha ok well then, yes from what i have read the Truckin suspension lifts are not too good.. thanks for everyones help

~~~~ i was talking about in terms of customer service
Last edited by Coda on Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

looking through the old members pages i saw itleast 2 or 3 trucks all with truckin suspension lifts. One had the 7 incher on it and it looked pretty good. As for the fact that truckin suspension is a derivitive from AIM industries im giving my truck to a shop to install the lift so im cofident that even if the instructions are bad etc. im sure theyve seen it before and know how to handle it... I think an s-10 crew would look awesome with the 7in lift and a 2 in pa body lift. Im going to call my shop tomorrow and see if they use truckin suspension lifts...
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

email the guy with the 7in aim, first off he doesn't even have the crew anymore, and from what i remember from when i talked to him, he said the lift was garbage and i believe he said he had to take it off to sell it, besides the fact that that lift is for show, not go, the instructions even say that they are not for offroad use, warnoffroad had one, i think a 5in, his broke thats why he went to SFA
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

Wow, that doesnt sound good.. :?
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Truckin suspension lift

Post by Warnoffroad »

Coda wrote:While i was just looking around the net for some other lift options i remembered that truckin suspensions made a 6" lift for our trucks. I went on the site and it says 1995 - 2003 CHEVROLET S10,S15,BLAZER,JIMMY LIFTKIT 6.5" BL9503 S10 FRONT/REAR
Body Type: SUV Wheel Drive: 4WD .... Would this kit work on our Crews? And does anyone know if someone has had one of their lifts their truck (i heard that they are not the best lifts). And info would be great.. thanks,

~Coda
It was a good lift for street, road the same as stock minus the swampers. Untill I got offroad :? did alright untill the wonderful pops from down under. I guess it all depends how heavy you are on the gas
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

what were the pops?
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

malkavian wrote:what were the pops?
both CVs exploding, and the diff being torn from the mounts. :D
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

holy cow :shock: Well That ought to be enough to keep people away from that. You tore the front diff out of the mounts?
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

malkavian wrote:holy cow :shock: Well That ought to be enough to keep people away from that. You tore the front diff out of the mounts?
:wink: hell ya, but again that was with a set of brand new TSLs and a heavy foot on the rocks. It was great for street, drove like stock.