need a lift?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

need a lift?

Post by Maximous »

4.5" KIT FOR 1399.00 A 6.5" FOR 1650.00 AND A 9.5" LIFT FOR 1995.00 ALL KITS COM WITH EVERYTHING EXCEPT SHOCKS AND BRAKELINES

hey there folks, a guy from aim industries just sent me this via email, if this interest any of you yall can talk to him direct at Josh [josh@aimind.com] for you guys that already know about aim :twisted: thanks for holding out, just kidding, does anybody have anything to say, good or bad, about aim industries inc, the email he sent had a bunch of other stuff on it too that i didnt understand, if any body who is up on the technical lingo whats to dissect and learn me on it, just give me a line and i'll forward the email to you
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I think that Matt (warnoffroad) had the 4.5" lift on his truck and had negative comments about it. Send him a private message or email him at alloutss@yahoo.com

Good luck
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
badandy2003cc4x4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

4 1/2 inch

Post by badandy2003cc4x4 »

I was looking at this option but I see on the instruction manual it says for cosmetic purposes only. While granted 99% of my driving is on the road when I see the word cosmetic on a mod I think of pinstripes or wood dash trim the kinds of things that if they fail its not a big deal
Though after reading those directions and quickbikers here on the s-10crewcab.com I am thinking once I talk the wife into letting me spend the money I will just go to a shop and have them install what they feel comfortable installing as I fear this may be more than I can tackle in the short time frame I have available at least with out a spare vehicle to drive while the sonoma is down
though it would be a great excuse to buy cool new toys i mean tools
[size=75]2003 Sonoma SLS Akimoto conical air filter, soft tonneauver[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

aim=truckin=BAD

not a good company by no means..i dont consider it an option
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

although, doesn't highroller have the 6.5" and he says it is fine??
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

what lift do you guys prefer, i can get the trailmaster 5" or the Superlift 6", what do ya'll suggest, oh by the way, i can order the superlift and have it delivered within 5 business days, the only thing is that the superlift only shows a 6" lift for the ZR2, is this true or will this Gov computer just not let me see the rest of the applications, does superlift make a 6 that will work on our trucks
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

superlift has made a kit for our trucks.... but not on the market yet...
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

alright, the computer is now working for me, i got it to bring up the superlift application thingy, now, the superlift offers more of what i want then the TM, ie dual front shocks, skid plate, plus an additional inch of lift, the problem comes in here, well at least for me, the kit says it works on 98-03 (not a problem, i know GM didnt redo the entire frame for 1yr) but it says it works on (word for word) "98-03 Blazer/Jimmy Mid Size S-10/S-15 ZR2/ Highrider 4wd" ok so does it work for our trucks or not, i know slight modification, but is this kit specifically made for the ZR2 option
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Jay-Bird wrote:superlift has made a kit for our trucks.... but not on the market yet...
Read these- superlift kit release date? , 6" Superlift -reality or myth?

The ZR2 kit has been on the market for quite some time. The NON-ZR2 kit is not yet available.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK