Heckethorn Shocks

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Heckethorn Shocks

Post by CrazyChaz »

I noticed in my JC Whitney Catalog that I could pick up a set of Heckethorn Hydro 8000 shocks for about $110(all 4). My question to you guys is that are they good shocks or should I go with Ranchos or something else? Im open to any suggestions thx.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Pretty much everyone here has either the stock crappy ones or Bilsteins. I haven't heard of the ones your talking about, so all I can recommend are the Bilsteins.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

just try them out and then you can tell everyone about them :wink:
i bet you they are just like the procomp 9000's that are 30 bucks a peice at 4wp. i had a set on the front and loved them, BUT i loved them cuz they were so stiff they didnt let me bounce so much when haulin ass thru the desert.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrazyChaz »

Yea I think I might just buy them and try them out. Ill be sure to post what I think of them(anything would be a improvement over the stock ones).
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

CrazyChaz wrote:Yea I think I might just buy them and try them out. Ill be sure to post what I think of them(anything would be a improvement over the stock ones).

any new info you can bring to the board si great!!! :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Looks like they are some how related to Rough Country products.

There is not much design information available. They have a Nitro shock listed as well as the Hydro version, so I'm wondering if these "Hydro's" are not gas charged.

It lists them as having a spring loaded valving. The weakening springs are what seem to create problems, although that is a long term issue.

It will be interesting to see how well they work. As you said anything is better than the 99 cent stockers.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrazyChaz »

A update on the shock situation,After checking around locally I got a really good deal on 4 Rancho RS5000's and have decided to go with them. Should have them on by 6/15/04.
CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrazyChaz »

Replaced all 4 stock shocks on 6/15/04 with the Rancho RS5000's I got for $32.95 a piece. I noticed a difference right away with them. I think they are nice firm ride and not nearly as "mushy" as the stock Delco's. Overall Im very happy and I would recommend Rancho RS5000's to any S10 crewcab member.