Ordered 5 inch TM on Fri.

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Ordered 5 inch TM on Fri.

Post by Brad »

After riding around with my t bars maxed, shocks worn out and tires rubbing for a year now I finally saved enough for a 5 inch TM lift with pro install. Hope to have it done around the 25th of this month.

:P Brad :D
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Nice. :thumb: We'll expect pics when it's done. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

:D :D :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

Sweet :bounce:
2001 pewter crew She's for sale
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

:twisted: I still cant afford that.. but :poke: congartulations :thumb:
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

Trailmaster got bought by Perfromance Accessories. Therefore there is a nationwide backorder for the S-series lift :x . Production should resume next week. The take over should allow for the R&D work of the uses of this lift on crews and others to the year 04. This is good news. :D

Brad
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

huh :shock:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

The lift is being updated.

Brad
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Thought that Smittybuilt bought them out a couple years ago. Gee.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

PA bought it all.

Brad
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

Still not here.

Brad
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

Lift still not here. :twisted:

Brad
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Where ya order it from?
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Getting to a point you might want to cancel the order and wait for the SL lift.

Good Luck,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

Still not here.

Brad
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Brad wrote:Still not here.

Brad
You're handling this much better than I do. When I order something, especially over the internet, I'm literally pacing the floor until it shows up. The only way I start to relax is when I hear the sound of the UPS truck pulling in my driveway. :lol:

Hmmm, that reminds me. Where the @#$%& is that Corvette servo I ordered?
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

I have been very calm considering I gave the a grand 39 days ago. She called today to schedule the install for next week.

Brad
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

My truck went in Tuesday and will be done on Thursday. Will post pics asap.

Brad
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

I picked up my truck on thursday. My tires look small now. When I got home I found my t bars were maxxed and my pass. side CV boot was off. I let the bars down 2 and a half turns and hose clamped the CV. I will post some pics after I wash it. I need spacers.

Brad
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Don't forget to align the front end after it settles in. Measure the the distance on both sides. I usually go a bit higher on the driver's side. It's not uncommon for one of the sides to be maxed out, just as long as the distances are equal. My passenger side indexer is maxed out now, but I don't worry about it, cause the CV angle is just right. And when it's close to maxed out, there isn't anything to buff off on the rocks. :lol:
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Where ya order it from?
It doesnt matter where you order it from unless they have it in stock you are going to have to wait .

When i ordered mine about 3 weeks ago thats what everybody i called said.
and i am still waiting for mine :x
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

AHHHHHH

I already waited a month, called in today and they said it would be another 3 weeks!!!!!!! :shock:
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

what tm lift are yall ordering is it just the 94-99 series lift or what, i want to order one and get it put on before i get back home from kuwait, but i dont know how to order it, could somebody give me like a part number or something so i can order this thing and get it put on, my plan is to let my dad look at it for a while with little bitty tires till it gets on i nerves and puts bigger tires on it, hahaha
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I ordered mine from www.tyres1.com.

The prices are all pretty much the same so there isn't much looking around to do.
Here is the item number for the kit i ordered from tyres1 along with the item number
Item#: CT15SSV
5" TRAILMASTER SUSP KIT W/SSV SHK 95-00 S-SERIES P/U BLAZER 4WD
$1227 bucks
[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

alright guys help me out, i am on the fence hear, on one side is saving money, on the other side is my CC with 5in's of lift, do i really no what i would be saving money for, um no, do i have the money to lift my truck, yes, do i have the money to put larger tires on it, maybe, but, do i have money to put lift, new tires, and buy more stock rims so if anything breaks i can put my stock wheels back on, not real sure, my dealer is really cool, he tried to find every way around me voiding my warranty, but it comes down to this, if i lift it, i void my suspension warranty, if i put oversized tires on it i void my driveline warranty, he talked to the service rep (the man in charge of warranty work) though and he said as long as i put the stock sized tires back on before i bring it in that he really wouldnt care if i drove around everyday with 44's on it, he wouldnt care either way but his boss is an A$$, his boss voided his warranty because he walked by is truck and noticed that the tire was one size bigger (235/75-15=245/75-15) now thats bad, but he cant fix my truck with out the head man looking at it so i would have to put stocks back on it to get warranty work, guys tell me what ya'll think, oh yeah this is probably a dumb question but should i go ahead and order the lift or what
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

to add to that, I am Dumb, No is spelled know, unless you mean know, then its spelt no, and i forgot to ask, how dumb do you think my truck would look if i lifted it and waited awhile for tires, ie bigger tires
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

If you order it now you will have plenty of time to save enough for tires by the time it gets to you. I am still waiting and in the mean time i have ordered every single little thing i could think of needed to install or add to the lift or my car.
[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

what tires, is anyone here a tire guru, would a 34/9.5 fit with a 5" lift, would it rub considering its so skinny, probably bad still huh, what would be better, a 31/10.5 or a 32/9.5
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i speak from tire experience...i have 32 11.50s on 8 inches of lift and it still rubs no matter what i do. i have stock wheels. without spacers it rubs the frame and sway bar on turns with 1.25 inch spacers i spare the sway bar and frame but over turns and a bumb i rub the fenders. i think the best tires to run ould be either 33 9.50s or 31 10.50s but i think you only said 5 inch sus lift only? then i dont think you can run anything bigger the 31s. a friend of mine has 5 inch sus and 2 inch bod and is running 33s and it is a nightmare. he rubs every where. best of luck to ya!
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I will have 9 inches of lift.
I ordered 33x12.5 super swamper truxus mud terrains, but I have some weld outback 15x10 wheels with 3 1/2 inch backspacing so Im thinking the only thing rubbing will be my fenders and bumper, but that can be fixed with a BFH.
[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

you can run big tires with backspacing as long as you do some triming on the fenders...i even had to cut some of the inner fender well( the actual black peiece of sheet metal that is inside the fenders) other wise with 12.50 tires you will rub like crazy in there on turns....let me know hw you make out it will be interesting to see what you have to do to run those tires. are you doing any mods to perfromance or gearing? i recomond it alot other wise you have no poer and you get a crappy 200-250 kil to the tank. good luck!
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

5" min. backspacing on rims... SL said that for the lift their making
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

EDIT: i canceled my order from tyres1 and ordered from ntwonline.com that had them in stock and got it from them shipped within 3 days. I was amazed.

I just got my lift delivered yesterday, and these tires i ordered are looking iffy. i think they are going to rub like a mofo....... hope not. but fender cutting is allowed if it comes down to it.

Yes i am doing 4.10 gears

I am having one really huge problem though, I bought poly bushings for my whole suspension and i cant get the old ones out of the leaf spring. Tried bfh, tried melting bushing, tried bigger bfh, nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?????
Last edited by coffeedrnkr on Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

coffeedrnkr wrote:... Any suggestions?????
Do you have access to a press?
An Arbor press should push them out.

If not you could make yourself a tool using a piece of "all-thread" , pipe and some heavy washers. It would be a puller, the pipe matching the spring eye and slightly larger ID than the OD of the bushing. Washers slightly smaller OD than the OD of the bushing. and a heavy plate with a hole in it for the other end of the pipe.
Thread through the bushing , add washers and nut. Slip the pipe over the other end, add the plate across the end and another nut for tightening.

It should pull the bushing into the pipe. You may still have to heat the eye to make this work too.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Got it! we went out and bought a 12 ton hydraulic press.

but chux trucks screwed up and gave me the wrong bushings for my rear leaf.
the eye is like 1/4 inch bigger on each side than the outside of the bushing, so now i have to wait until tuesday to get some more b/c of labor day.
[/size]