new 9" kit is out but not

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

new 9" kit is out but not

Post by Warnoffroad »

I was lookin to see what new stuff "truckin fall apart on the trails suspension" had out and they have a 9" kit listed but it says its not going to be available? That kinda sucks? i just wish they would come out with a 18" IFS kit for our trucks like they did for the HDs, i would have to weld the stock stuff back on :?
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: new 9" kit is out but not

Post by AZS10Crew »

Warnoffroad wrote:I was lookin to see what new stuff "truckin fall apart on the trails suspension" had out and they have a 9" kit listed but it says its not going to be available? That kinda sucks? i just wish they would come out with a 18" IFS kit for our trucks like they did for the HDs, i would have to weld the stock stuff back on :?
RRRIIIIIGGGGGHHHTTTT!!!! :lol: :roflmao: :lol:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :!: :!: I dont think that I would do an 18" ifs lift on anything! That would be a pretty scarry ride to say the least. Just too many weak points in an IFS especially on the S10 :!:
2001 pewter crew She's for sale
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

I bet it would lean like the leaning tower of pizza around corners.. my two cents
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
badandy2003cc4x4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by badandy2003cc4x4 »

now they have dropped all of their gm ifs kits I was looking around doesn't any one make a kit that is completely bolt on (no cutting or welding on stock parts) I want to go with 32s and if I'm going to be cutting and welding I might as well build it my self or go sfa and go real big
[size=75]2003 Sonoma SLS Akimoto conical air filter, soft tonneauver[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

badandy2003cc4x4 wrote:now they have dropped all of their gm ifs kits I was looking around doesn't any one make a kit that is completely bolt on (no cutting or welding on stock parts) I want to go with 32s and if I'm going to be cutting and welding I might as well build it my self or go sfa and go real big
You're correct...there are no kits out right now that don't require some modification of stock parts. The Superlift kit that's in development I think will even have a little bit of cutting. Not as much as the TM kit, but still some.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Rusty

Re: new 9" kit is out but not

Post by Rusty »

Warnoffroad wrote:I was lookin to see what new stuff "truckin fall apart on the trails suspension" had out and they have a 9" kit listed but it says its not going to be available? That kinda sucks? i just wish they would come out with a 18" IFS kit for our trucks like they did for the HDs, i would have to weld the stock stuff back on :?
You can get more lift out of an SFA setup than you ever could from IFS and not have a 1/10 of the problems. In my opinion, lifted IFS setups over 6" are just for "street looks".
badandy2003cc4x4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by badandy2003cc4x4 »

AZS10Crew wrote:You're correct...there are no kits out right now that don't require some modification of stock parts. The Superlift kit that's in development I think will even have a little bit of cutting. Not as much as the TM kit, but still some.
except the dreaded superlift 2" but that wont get me to 32" tires I think I need at least 3" plus body lift
[size=75]2003 Sonoma SLS Akimoto conical air filter, soft tonneauver[/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

AZS10Crew wrote:
badandy2003cc4x4 wrote:now they have dropped all of their gm ifs kits I was looking around doesn't any one make a kit that is completely bolt on (no cutting or welding on stock parts) I want to go with 32s and if I'm going to be cutting and welding I might as well build it my self or go sfa and go real big
You're correct...there are no kits out right now that don't require some modification of stock parts. The Superlift kit that's in development I think will even have a little bit of cutting. Not as much as the TM kit, but still some.
you MUST weld on any s-10 lift that needs a rear axle flip. never seen perches just bolted on :? unless its a truckin kit :!:
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]