Wheel Spacers

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Scott03
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wheel Spacers

Post by Scott03 »

I ran across this place on the s-series site. They are pretty cheap for 1 1/4" and 2".

What do you all think?? Worth a shot?

http://members.cox.net/completevalue/index.html
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Cheap is not always the way you want to go with wheel spacers. After all...if they fail, will that "money back guarantee" fix your truck because the wheel fell off? I'd recommend somewhere that is already established a reputation as making quality spacers. Unless you have some first-hand info about that place that is.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

I agree with Mark. Try these guys performancewheel.com

Stay away from AIM

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
Scott03
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Scott03 »

Ya, proven quality is always the way to go. The more I thought the more it looked a little shady.

BTW Do the performancewheel spacers come with the lugs? Also when I was placing the order for the 2003 S-10 Pick Up 4x4 the demisions stated -

Bolt Pattern: 5x121
Hub Bore: 70.3
Lug Pitch: 12X1.5 Nut

I trust them, but this is right, right??
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Retep wrote:...Stay away from AIM...
Buy AIM, I've had no problem with the AIM spacers.
The only bad spacer that I have seen pictures of was a PW spacer.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Scott03 wrote:Ya, proven quality is always the way to go. The more I thought the more it looked a little shady.

BTW Do the performancewheel spacers come with the lugs? Also when I was placing the order for the 2003 S-10 Pick Up 4x4 the demisions stated -

Bolt Pattern: 5x121
Hub Bore: 70.3
Lug Pitch: 12X1.5 Nut

I trust them, but this is right, right??
I don't know if they come with lug nuts. They should. I personally have not dealt with performancewheel, but I have heard nothing but good things.
I got my spacers from a group purchase we had here about a year ago. We got them here

Wheel Info:
Pattern Circle Diameter: 5x4.75" (120.65mm)
Thread size: 12mm x 1.5
Pilot diameter (center bore): 2.75"

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

HenryJ wrote:
Retep wrote:...Stay away from AIM...
Buy AIM, I've had no problem with the AIM spacers.
The only bad spacer that I have seen pictures of was a PW spacer.
really! :? :?:

The reason I said to stay away from AIM was because of questionable customer service, not poor quality.

Pete
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

My PW spacers have been fine. Lug nuts were not included though. Just to be on the safe side, I'd use a 99 S-10 or Blazer as the vehicle. They're all the same.

I always thought it was the AIM spacer that went bad and not a PW one?
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

PW will provided my lugs for 75 cents each, or buy from Autozone at similar price.
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
TheBigFitz
Crew
Crew

Post by TheBigFitz »

I have the spacers from the Guage Store and have had no problems with them. When I called him up I refered to the GP they had previous and he knew exactly what I needed. They threw in the lug nuts also, think I spent around $110 for the pair.
[size=75]SOLD - 2" BL, BFGR 31x10.50 on American Racing Outlaw II Rims (15x7, 6" BS), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 1" Torsion Bar Adjustment, Rear add-a-leaf, Westin nerf bars & tail light guards, Genuine Steel grill guard, Tinted Windows, K&N Filter - SOLD

New Ride: 2006 Chevy Silverado SS[/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

The important thing to remember with wheel spacers is, proper lug torque and checking them often.

If I ever get another set, I would like something like these. I like the raised hub section. I think its called hub centric.

Pete
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Hub centric spacers would be nice.
Too bad they don't build the Spidertrax hub centrics for 4.75" spacing.

Anyone find any hub centric spacers?

I'm still watching for a pair of 1.75"-2" spacers for the rear of my truck, so that I can move the 1.25" spacers to the front.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK