Body lift or suspension lift?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

dew33

Body lift or suspension lift?

Post by dew33 »

I just bought a 2003 crew cab, I want to raise it and add bigger tires. Not sure how much I want to raise it ,but I want to add enough height to put on the tires and wheels that come on a 2500hd chevy truck. :?: :?: :?:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I'm pretty sure the 2500 HD comes with 245/75-16 tires.
Thanks to the calculator on the Stock Info page it gives you a diameter of 30.46850. Sounds "dooable", that is if you can find the right rearspacing in a set of 16" wheels.

A search for lift will yield tons of information.

Welcome to the place that will make your eyes weary from reading all the information.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I hope you're not planning on just bolting the 2500 HD wheels to your truck...that won't work. They're 8 lug I think and ours have only 5.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
dew33

Post by dew33 »

So throw out the idea of tires and wheels from a 2500hd... What would be the best route to take adding a 2' suspension lift or body lift?? I just want to add enough hieght to sit just as tall as the Nissan frontier that parks next to me at work and also add a little bigger tire... thanks for your help!
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

The other thing is that the 2500HD comes with a pretty tame looking tire anyway, most people around here dump them immediately and slap on a 285/75/16, or 305/75/16 since they seem to fit fine without a lift. the 285 is almost a 33" and the 305 is a 34" tire.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

dew33 wrote:... What would be the best route to take adding a 2' suspension lift or body lift?? ...
SEARCH

:lol: a 2' (2 foot) suspension lift would definately be bigger that the Nissan ;)

2" sus. lift??
2" Body Lift Vs. 2" Suspension Lift?

Check the Mod Info page on the website for information on the TM 5" suspension lift and the 2" PA Body lift

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

You could always slash the Frontier's tires to lower it........not that I condone such deviant actions........usless it's a Ranger........ :D

Can we put stickies on this forum for the body lift and tire fitment? Puhleeeease? :lol: :lol: :lol:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

Personally, I'd rather see the 2' body lift!
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

NTXCrew wrote:Personally, I'd rather see the 2' body lift!
You'd need a whole lot of hockey pucks for that. :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

NTXCrew wrote:...Can we put stickies on this forum for the body lift and tire fitment? Puhleeeease? ....
Certianly! which threads would you recommend? Let's start a list of the most important threads and maybe I can combine all the best quotes into a webpage for the site?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

NTXCrew wrote:Can we put stickies on this forum for the body lift and tire fitment? Puhleeeease? :lol: :lol: :lol:
That'd be good, except the entire first page would be stickies. Maybe a single section for lifting topics?
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Instead of stickies, possibly take all of the information and make a faq/sticky topic out of it titled:

***READ THIS BEOFRE YOU ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT LIFTING YOUR STOCK CREWCAB!!!!***

And:

***READ THIS BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT FITTING LARGER TIRES ON YOUR STOCK CREWCAB***

Also, I can't find a link on the forum pages that takes me back to the Website -- amd I just missing it?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

adrenalnjunky wrote:...I can't find a link on the forum pages that takes me back to the Website -- amd I just missing it?
Yes you're missing it:
N.O.S. (Not Otherwise Specified)
This forum is to discuss everything else ,other trucks, cars, new member introductions, posting pics, announcements, news on the S-10 & Sonoma Crew Cab Website...etc.
And now you can click the "logo" ^at the top to go there :D

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

HenryJ wrote:
dew33 wrote:... What would be the best route to take adding a 2' suspension lift or body lift?? ...
SEARCH

:lol: a 2' (2 foot) suspension lift would definately be bigger that the Nissan ;)
Well if you think about it he wouldnt need park NEXT to the Nissan :wink:
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

Unless they're assigned spots........ :D
-Jim
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

But thats not as fun
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

He could always park IN the Frontier's spot, thus starting a "tow-off"....and then watch his trusty S-10 holds its ground! :D
-Jim