Traction bars?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Traction bars?

Post by KCustom »

I have seen several different types of traction bars out there, Supelift makes some that look pretty cool. Mo-offroad has a cool over the top axle truss/traction bar combo and there are several ladder bar type applications out there. What is the opinion of the group? Do they work are they worth the money?
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

2 weeks ago when I was looking for bars I could really pic a set either. So I spent a weekend playin with some toys and built my own, they cost about $100 (bushing kit was $65)and came out like a pro built bar. I use to have alot of axle wrap, but yesterday I got a set of TM AALs from Mike H, which made my truck sit dead level. But becuase of them I dont have axle wrap anymore, keep in mind I have 4.25/4.5" axle blocks on my truck. Honestly, you want need them and you wont want them. Due to the change in length when flexing, the bars wouldnt alloy you to send us good flex pics :wink: . I would save that money and get a pre runner bar with some lights, or any thing eles you plan on doing.
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

Warnoffroad wrote:..... yesterday I got a set of TM AALs from Mike H, which made my truck sit dead level......
WOW, you got those on fast. It was good to finally see your truck up close. It is also cool being able to SIT completely upright under it while checking it out, instead of having to lay under it. :lol:
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

bars..

Post by KCustom »

I already have the light bar from PIMP Motorsports and the spare tire carrier is on the way. I am thinking that I may need traction bars because I also have a powerdyne s/c, cold air intake and header to add to the truck when I get it back from superlift.....Have you see the Mo-offroad truss/traction bar? it is in the whats new section of there web site.
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

SuperLift

Post by KCustom »

I think that I am going with the Superlift traction bars the look clean and simple....