GP for spacers?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

GP for spacers?

Post by HenryJ »

Looks like the guys over at ZR2.com may be getting a Group Purchase together for the AIM wheel spacers. If anyone is thinking about it here is the thread

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

good, this is something everyone needs to do. i personally think the zr2's look fine anyways. they have a bigger track. its us who look stupid :(
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

6pack

Post by HenryJ »

6pack , over on ZR2.com is trying to get the Group Purchase for wheel spacers going again.

If you're interested check out this thread: Wheel Spacer GP

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
pbeachcruzer
Regular
Regular

Post by pbeachcruzer »

we should do that here. it would cut down on confusion. i'm in if any florida people wanna go in. any takers?
flowmaster duals, air raid intake, t.b. riser. 1.3"spacers in back.

lift with kick a55 tires to come soon
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I bought my HPPIII through a GP that 6pack set up over on ZR2.com.

It really worked out great!

He knows how to set up a GP. :thumb:

I'd suggest registering on ZR2.com and joining the GP there.

There is always a ton of confusion, it seems, but just be patient and read all the posts.

6pack will post the ordering information and away you go.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

I'm interested in them. Will 1.3" be close enough for the rear? IRRC, Hobie says 1.5" would make it perfect, but as long as these appear close enough, I'm game.

Are these guys ordering 4 of them to make their truck wider? If so, how would 1.3" in the front work out(AKA how much more wear on the front)?

Thanks,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

HenryJ wrote:I bought my HPPIII through a GP that 6pack set up over on ZR2.com.

It really worked out great!

He knows how to set up a GP. :thumb:

I'd suggest registering on ZR2.com and joining the GP there.

There is always a ton of confusion, it seems, but just be patient and read all the posts.

6pack will post the ordering information and away you go.

Henry,

I don't have a zr2.com forum account so if you can add that I'm interested, that would be great. I've got so many forum accounts I really don't want to add another one. Thanks.

Con
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Conman wrote: I don't have a zr2.com forum account so if you can add that I'm interested, that would be great.
I'll do that ASAP :D

FYI: When I measured mine the front was 2 5/16" wider than the rear. A pair of 1.3" spacers should be really close.

If you check out the Stock Specs page it lists the front as being 2.1" wider.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

HenryJ wrote:
Conman wrote: I don't have a zr2.com forum account so if you can add that I'm interested, that would be great.
I'll do that ASAP :D

FYI: When I measured mine the front was 2 5/16" wider than the rear. A pair of 1.3" spacers should be really close.

If you check out the Stock Specs page it lists the front as being 2.1" wider.

Thanks. I wonder if I should get front ones too. Just afraid of wear but then I could get wider tires though.

Con
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I kind of blew up :x the last time someone thought they would increase wear, :D but I've mellowed since then. :D

All you are doing by adding this style spacer, is reducing the rear spacing of your wheels.

It would be no different than purchasing wheels with 1.3" less rear spacing.

I do not have any reservations about using them on the front , other than the rubbing issues that they would create. With enough lift they would work fine . I'm sure that quickbiker can confirm this , since I think he has been running them front and rear.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
6pack
Regular
Regular

Post by 6pack »

Hi everyone. :) I decided to join up so I can keep you folks informed over here rather than jumping to another site. Here's some info:

There's only a couple manufacturers that I've found and out of them the best price so far is:

1.3î Thick Adapters

Set of 2 $109.00

Set of 4 $179.00

1.8î Thick Adapters

Set of 2 $129.00

Set of 4 $199.00

These inlcude lug nuts and shipping. These prices are for 10 orders.

These are also 6061 billet aluminum, the strong stuff I'm told.

One question I have is are all the S10 lug spacing the same? My ZR2 is 5 on 4 3/4.

Post your interest and I'll keep you informed. :)
Paul Sill

2001 ZR2 Ext-cab

1965 Mustang
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

6pack wrote:Hi everyone. :) I decided to join up so I can keep you folks informed over here rather than jumping to another site. Here's some info:

There's only a couple manufacturers that I've found and out of them the best price so far is:

1.3î Thick Adapters

Set of 2 $109.00

Set of 4 $179.00

1.8î Thick Adapters

Set of 2 $129.00

Set of 4 $199.00

These inlcude lug nuts and shipping. These prices are for 10 orders.

These are also 6061 billet aluminum, the strong stuff I'm told.

One question I have is are all the S10 lug spacing the same? My ZR2 is 5 on 4 3/4.

Post your interest and I'll keep you informed. :)

as far as i now, they are all the same. same bolt pattern as the camaro too.

con

p.s. maybe the extreme guys at the other forums would be interested also. thanks for coordinading this.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

FYI, a pair of 1.3" spacers is what I want. I don't think I said what size I wanted before. Thanks.

Con
6pack
Regular
Regular

Post by 6pack »

I just got off the phone with Matt and here is the lowered pricing scheme:

1.3" adapters

Set of 2: $99.00

Set of 4: $179.00

1.8" adapters

Set of 2: $119.00

Set of 4: $199.00

A mixed set- 1 pair of 1.3" and 1 pair of 1.8": $209.00

The price for the sets of 4 is not changed just the sets of 2, they are lowered by $10.00.

Specifics:

-6061 billet aluminum (stronger than the 6063 aluminum some other companies use)

-Lug nuts are inlcuded

-The studs in the spacers are actually the GM OEM studs (they buy them from GM)

-Stud spacing is stock, 5 on 4 3/4

-Free Shipping, the prices posted above are what you pay. If you buy 4 to go in with another person and then have to ship their 2 to them, you're probably not saving much money. You need to check into that.

-For those who want to line up the back track with the front Matt has recommended the 1.3" spacers.

For the lowered pricing, they would like to have closer to 20 orders rather than 10, so tell your friends. :D

I'll let this go through the weekend and see how many people we have then, if we have close to 20 I'll send you all an email to get a confirmation from you. This is on several sites so if we don't have 20 here we might when all the yes's are combined.
Paul Sill

2001 ZR2 Ext-cab

1965 Mustang
6pack
Regular
Regular

Post by 6pack »

I'll be sending out emails to everyone interested over the next couple of days. If you are interested and don't get an email from me, please contact me. :)
Paul Sill

2001 ZR2 Ext-cab

1965 Mustang
Hirolln
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Hirolln »

Ok, maybe I'm reading this wrong but someone said that the front is wider then the back by 2.1 not 1.3. Or are you saying that the total measurement of the front track is 2.1 wider then the back and with the 1.3's installed, the back would actually be wider than the front?

Just wondering? :mrgreen:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Check the specs. here: Detailed Specifications (Mine was closer to 2.3" difference)

Yes the two 1.3" spacers add up to 2.6" making the rear .4" wider than the spec.

It is not noticeable, and it is needed.

The stock studs stick out that much. Any less than 1.25" and the studs will hit the wheel.

I suppose you could cut all the studs off and use a thinner spacer to get the track exactly the same , but I think the .2" per side is hardly worth the effort.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
6pack
Regular
Regular

Post by 6pack »

Ok, we have over 20 orders so lets start this.

Some of you have yet to get back to me but all you have to do at this time is order if you want to.

Hit this website:

Adapt-It/Gauge Magazine

You can pick which adapters you want, read the details about them or the GP and continue on through their checkout. It's pretty neat.

Something else was they're not waiting for all the orders to produce them, every 5 or so orders they get they can make them. Some of us could have them by the end of the week it sounds like. :)

YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE BY THE END OF THE DAY FRIDAY FEBRUARY 14, 2003. The GP is over at that point.

Happy buying. :D
Paul Sill

2001 ZR2 Ext-cab

1965 Mustang
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

6pack wrote:Ok, we have over 20 orders so lets start this.

Some of you have yet to get back to me but all you have to do at this time is order if you want to.

Hit this website:

Adapt-It/Gauge Magazine

You can pick which adapters you want, read the details about them or the GP and continue on through their checkout. It's pretty neat.

Something else was they're not waiting for all the orders to produce them, every 5 or so orders they get they can make them. Some of us could have them by the end of the week it sounds like. :)

YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE BY THE END OF THE DAY FRIDAY FEBRUARY 14, 2003. The GP is over at that point.

Thanks,

Just ordered mine. I was thinking about just going ahead and getting the combo 1.3 and 1.8 but I won't need them until my lift a while from now. BTW it had a referred to and I put ZR2 Forum as I'm not sure what S10 Forum they were referring too. So I guess tell everyone to put ZR2 forum just to make sure.

Thanks for putting this together.

Cheers,

Con
6pack
Regular
Regular

Post by 6pack »

He had told me he was putting some kind of 'refered by' button. He had asked what sites I was running this on also. I wasn't sure what he was doing though. I think he's going to use that to give him an idea were he should try and advertise.

And your welcome. :D
Paul Sill

2001 ZR2 Ext-cab

1965 Mustang
6pack
Regular
Regular

Post by 6pack »

This is the last day to get in on this GP.
Paul Sill

2001 ZR2 Ext-cab

1965 Mustang
pbeachcruzer
Regular
Regular

Post by pbeachcruzer »

looks like i made it just in time then!! :D

Rusty

Post by Rusty »

6pack wrote:YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE BY THE END OF THE DAY FRIDAY FEBRUARY 14, 2003. The GP is over at that point.

Great. That's what I get for taking my wife out to dinner and a movie for Valentines day. I could have been home ordering my spacers.

Nuts! :twisted:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:lol: You are better off! If you'd have come home with spacers instead of going out to dinner, you would probably had to sleep with them too. :lol:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote::lol: You are better off! If you'd have come home with spacers instead of going out to dinner, you would probably had to sleep with them too. :lol:

Wouldn't be the first time! I have an old VW Bus camper in the garage that I call my "Dog house". Spent a few nights in it too!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

VW Westfalia :shock: ? What year? I went through my "VW phase", I'm told everyone needs to go through it , it is just that some never recover from the addiction. ;) I'm still a reluctant recovering VW addict.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

HenryJ wrote:VW Westfalia :shock: ? What year? I went through my "VW phase", I'm told everyone needs to go through it , it is just that some never recover from the addiction. ;) I'm still a reluctant recovering VW addict.

Now are you recovering from the addiction of the cars and vans, or from what had been done in them :wink: puff puff :wink:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

warnoffroad wrote:Now are you recovering from the addiction of the cars and vans, or from what had been done in them :wink: puff puff :wink:
:lol: Some of that too :lol: I'm just glad I survived the "Radical Ranchero" ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote:VW Westfalia :shock: ? What year? I went through my "VW phase", I'm told everyone needs to go through it , it is just that some never recover from the addiction. ;) I'm still a reluctant recovering VW addict.

It's a '70 Westfalia (not one of the old split windows). I've saved it twice now from the scrapyard so it's kinda become one of the family. It needs a ton of work (mostly bodywork) but it still runs and I drive it occationally. Big change from driving the crew!
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Got my Spacers and they fit fine. I did have to remove the two Cooper "washers" on each side but they fit perfectly. It now looks normal. Also I did not feel any diff. with the spacer on while driving.

Cheers,

Con

P.S. Thanks to 6pack for the GB!
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Conman wrote:Got my Spacers and they fit fine. I did have to remove the two Cooper "washers" on each side but they fit perfectly. It now looks normal. Also I did not feel any diff. with the spacer on while driving.

Cheers,

Con

what size did you get?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

From ZR2.com wrote:matt@gauge

Member # 3799

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2003 10:17 PM -

Email matt@gauge

Good evening everyone, Due to the response that we have received from everyone, we have decided to extend our offer to anyone that still needs a set of spacers. Thank you everyone for your orders. Please use the same ordering process.

Matthew Petro

VP Of Operations

Gauge Media Group Inc.

matt@gaugemagazine.com
6pack wrote:

GaryH wrote:
Great. That's what I get for taking my wife out to dinner and a movie for Valentines day. I could have been home ordering my spacers.

GaryH, Looks like you didn't miss out afterall?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

warnoffroad wrote:
Conman wrote:Got my Spacers and they fit fine. I did have to remove the two Cooper "washers" on each side but they fit perfectly. It now looks normal. Also I did not feel any diff. with the spacer on while driving.

Cheers,

Con

what size did you get?

Cooper= Copper Washers. It was on only two studs on each side. I ordered the 1.3" spacers. But since you got wider rims, it's not going to help you. This really is needed for looks with the stock offset rims. QuickBiker has them to clear his tires on his stock rims.

Cheers,

Con
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote:

Member # 3799

Email matt@gauge

Good evening everyone, Due to the response that we have received from everyone, we have decided to extend our offer to anyone that still needs a set of spacers. Thank you everyone for your orders. Please use the same ordering process.

Matthew Petro

VP Of Operations

Gauge Media Group Inc.

matt@gaugemagazine.com
6pack wrote:

GaryH wrote:

Actually, I got an "anonymous tip" from someone that it might be extended and I ordered mine the other night. I ordered the 1.8's for the back. I'm waiting for the tax guy to go over our stuff and I might just have a couple grand to spend on other mods. I'm thinking lift kit but I'm waiting for the verdict on the TM vs TS debate.
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Conman wrote:
warnoffroad wrote:

Cheers,

Con

what size did you get?

Cooper= Copper Washers. It was on only two studs on each side. I ordered the 1.3" spacers. But since you got wider rims, it's not going to help you. This really is needed for looks with the stock offset rims. QuickBiker has them to clear his tires on his stock rims.

Cheers,

Con

I dont know about that my rear wheels are still in the wheels wells and my fronts stick out about 1.5 or so.
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

GaryH wrote:
HenryJ wrote:

Member # 3799

Email matt@gauge

Matthew Petro

VP Of Operations

Gauge Media Group Inc.

matt@gaugemagazine.com
6pack wrote:

GaryH wrote:

Actually, I got an "anonymous tip" from someone that it might be extended and I ordered mine the other night. I ordered the 1.8's for the back. I'm waiting for the tax guy to go over our stuff and I might just have a couple grand to spend on other mods. I'm thinking lift kit but I'm waiting for the verdict on the TM vs TS debate.

If your going for strength but dont mind an company thats treats you like $hit then id with TS. AIM ind. & truckin are the same company but different people so I would try them. If your not going to be doing any hard off roading id go with TM. But if I was going to do it all over again I would reach deeper in my pocket and go a SFA.
6pack
Regular
Regular

Post by 6pack »

This has been extended until the end of the day next Wednesday the 26th.
Paul Sill

2001 ZR2 Ext-cab

1965 Mustang
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

warnoffroad wrote:If your going for strength but dont mind an company thats treats you like $hit then id with TS. AIM ind. & truckin are the same company but different people so I would try them. If your not going to be doing any hard off roading id go with TM. But if I was going to do it all over again I would reach deeper in my pocket and go a SFA.

I really haven't figured out just how far I want to take my truck. Money isn't so much the issue as practicality. While a killer trail rig would be great, I still have to drive it to work on Monday mornings. Why can't I just win the lottery so I don't have to go to work? I want to tag along with Quickbiker on one of their trail runs to get an idea of what I'm getting into and then I'll figure out how far I want to modify my truck. While I love the looks of an SFA, big lift, 35's, etc, I have to park in a parking garage at work and I don't thing a Crewcab would look good as a convertible! :lol:
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

GaryH wrote:
warnoffroad wrote:If your going for strength but dont mind an company thats treats you like $hit then id with TS. AIM ind. & truckin are the same company but different people so I would try them. If your not going to be doing any hard off roading id go with TM. But if I was going to do it all over again I would reach deeper in my pocket and go a SFA.

I really haven't figured out just how far I want to take my truck. Money isn't so much the issue as practicality. While a killer trail rig would be great, I still have to drive it to work on Monday mornings. Why can't I just win the lottery so I don't have to go to work? I want to tag along with Quickbiker on one of their trail runs to get an idea of what I'm getting into and then I'll figure out how far I want to modify my truck. While I love the looks of an SFA, big lift, 35's, etc, I have to park in a parking garage at work and I don't thing a Crewcab would look good as a convertible! :lol:

Yep, the Daily Drive Delema. I lifed my Trooper only 1.5", but when I added bigger tires, it's closer to 3". So now, it's really close to not fitting in a garage my wife goes too. I had to import from japan removable roof rack mounts for my Thule bars cause it will def. not fit in the garage if it was a fixed mount. The Crew with a 5" TM lift and say 31s will be very close to the height of my lifted Trooper so a close one also(plus my ZR5 roof rack is not removable). I'm loving the Colorado(from what I read), but since the Crew is paid off, it's hard to justify trading it in. But with the amount of cutting needed for the Large lift kits, I'm starting to lean more towards the 2" Body lift and say 30" tires for a tad more clearance and be done with it. Now if I could have won that PowerBall..........:)

Cheers,

Con
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Yeah, the more I think about how often I would go off road or more like how often I would NOT go off road, the less I want to do to it. I'm thinking some decent tires like the Goodyear MT/R's (stock size or maybe 30x9.5's if they'll fit), skid plates and a functional push bar / grille guard of some sort. and call it done. I look at some of the trucks that have 2" body lifts and 31's and they aren't that much higher than stock and they go through stuff I will probably never do.
pbeachcruzer
Regular
Regular

Post by pbeachcruzer »

thats my fear. that i drop all this money into the thing and never use it. i just installed my spacers and they make the stock tires look better. but i have 4 american racing longboard series rims (17"x8") sitting in my room that are getting shod in nitto tera grappler tires that i cant even put on yet. i wanted to get the trucking suspension 7 inch lift, but after hearing the horror stories about them, i might not. which leaves trailmaster which i guess will fit, but i cant put in myself and cant find a store to put in cause its not made for our trucks. so then i started thinking body lift. but i really dont wanna do that either. never liked them. plus im not sure about the clearance the tires are 4"bs and 31.3" overall. what to do, what to do. :?

Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

pbeachcruzer wrote:thats my fear. that i drop all this money into the thing and never use it. i just installed my spacers and they make the stock tires look better. but i have 4 american racing longboard series rims (17"x8") sitting in my room that are getting shod in nitto tera grappler tires that i cant even put on yet. i wanted to get the trucking suspension 7 inch lift, but after hearing the horror stories about them, i might not. which leaves trailmaster which i guess will fit, but i cant put in myself and cant find a store to put in cause its not made for our trucks. so then i started thinking body lift. but i really dont wanna do that either. never liked them. plus im not sure about the clearance the tires are 4"bs and 31.3" overall. what to do, what to do. :?

I just saw a normal blazer with the TM 5" kit, SL 2" arms and a 2" body lift. He had 33s which looks small with that much lift! Never seen the TM kit upclose and it looks sweat! I see why you need to cut up the front suspension. If I think what the 6.5" TS kit does, it's possible it's a non-cut kit cause I'm certain the place where the TM and the lower TS kits have to cut is so that there is a place to mount the upper a-arms. So I assume(you know what that means) that because the TS 6.5" kit drops the stuff in front so far, it then clears the upper stock a-arm locations so that's the reason for no-cutting. I'll break this out into a new topic for further discussion since this is the GP topic.

Cheers,

Con
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Ok, just got my spacers and put them on. I got the 1.8's for the rear. Hmm, maybe I shoulda done the 1.3's for the back. It just looks really different. I mean the tires fill out the rear fenders now instead of that "tucked way in to the fender" look before. I guess I need to get used to it. Maybe different wheels and tires? Yeah, that's it! That and maybe a lift, some nice bolt on accessories....
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

pbeachcruzer wrote:thats my fear. that i drop all this money into the thing and never use it. i just installed my spacers and they make the stock tires look better. but i have 4 american racing longboard series rims (17"x8") sitting in my room that are getting shod in nitto tera grappler tires that i cant even put on yet. i wanted to get the trucking suspension 7 inch lift, but after hearing the horror stories about them, i might not. which leaves trailmaster which i guess will fit, but i cant put in myself and cant find a store to put in cause its not made for our trucks. so then i started thinking body lift. but i really dont wanna do that either. never liked them. plus im not sure about the clearance the tires are 4"bs and 31.3" overall. what to do, what to do. :?

I run 17x9s with 265/70/17 Courser ATs(31.3 inches true height) under a body lift and 1 inch t bar crank. I have minor rubbing on the frame. Your nittos are very similar in size.

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.