possible new lift option?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Matt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

possible new lift option?

Post by Matt »

I found this lift on my search for a smaller lift than 5 inches. http://rough.roughcountry.com/S10-S15%2 ... 20PAGE.htm
I don't want to call the number because its long distance, but if someone else would like to, please help all of us out. so almost 2 full hours of searching and this is all I could find. aggravating :twisted: . Let me know what the deal is w/ this one, or if its for 2wd its cuz im really tired and its after 2am.
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

I did alot of research and could not find anything for the crew cabs everything for reg or extended , I have a few buddys call that work for 4x4 shops and they couldnt find anything but then a shop here took a extended cab fit (5" trailmaster) and put it under a crew cab and there is a guy from Gorgia that has a 5" lift done the same way, I talked to both guy - the one lives around here and the other guy had his trk on auto trader for sale, and they said that it was a major pain in the neck, had to cut and grind upper control arms and stuff, I dont know what else had to be done so i decoded to put a straight axle under mine - lot easier and if you are mechanically into it it dont cost much, all i had to buy was the shackles and shocks everything else was made from scratch, I did go ahead and rebuild the axles before putting on the road but that is not always necessary.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Matt,

From everything I have heard , that kit is the Superlift kit in a different box.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
ronnie
Regular
Regular

Post by ronnie »

i sell new jeep parts and can get lifts for any truck so let let know the parts numbers and brands,and i can get you prices,and i was looking in a mag the other week that i picked up they had a pic of our crew cab with a lift i think the company was www.trucksuspionsion.com i can check if anyone interested but they have a 4" and a 7.5" that they made for the s10 crews,i dont know about the 7 but the 4 was 1150 without shocks
2003 s-10 zr5 crew cab leaather,dvd/mp3 player,monitor,10' mtx thuderform,,i have a website selling jeep and other 4x4 please email me if looking for lift kit,seatcovers,performance parts,919-524-3595
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

ronnie,

I think you were meaning www.truckinsuspension.com ,and that yellow crewcab is Warn's truck from before he did his SFA conversion.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

I heard that you dont want to buy from truckinsuspensions.com, they are a part of AIM and from reading reviews and AIM and their ordering/shipping, alot of things get lost in mail or they totally send the wrong parts then charge you more money for the restock fee even when its their fault
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

I heard that you dont want to buy from truckinsuspensions.com, they are a part of AIM and from reading reviews and AIM and their ordering/shipping, alot of things get lost in mail or they totally send the wrong parts then charge you more money for the restock fee even when its their fault
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I'll back that up -- I do airbag instlals on some of the local's trucks and stuff, and AIM/Chassis Tech is a pain to deal with.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Anyplace with that many different names for the same company has got some kind of issues.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yes 2"truckin is the same as the 2"SL
its a big POS...

there is only 1 lift option TM5"
stop searching
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I spent the other night drug out to a few clubs by my wife-to-be, and she was meeting a few of the "girls from the office".

I was like "uggggggghhhh" I quit clubbin years ago, but decided to give in this once.

I get there and one of the "Girls from the office" has drug her significant other out with her as well.....Turns out that his huge-arse 2500HD out in the parking lot is his, and even cooler is that he works for Superlift in the drafting and design department. I hit him up about the 6 inch lift and he remembers it having been prototyped, but doesn't know what the plans are for it. He actually said that the boss has wanted an S-10 kit for a while, but they just don't know if there is a market for it.

I'm gonna get in touch with him this week and see what I can find out.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

adrenalnjunky wrote:I spent the other night drug out to a few clubs by my wife-to-be, and she was meeting a few of the "girls from the office".

I was like "uggggggghhhh" I quit clubbin years ago, but decided to give in this once.

I get there and one of the "Girls from the office" has drug her significant other out with her as well.....Turns out that his huge-arse 2500HD out in the parking lot is his, and even cooler is that he works for Superlift in the drafting and design department. I hit him up about the 6 inch lift and he remembers it having been prototyped, but doesn't know what the plans are for it. He actually said that the boss has wanted an S-10 kit for a while, but they just don't know if there is a market for it.

OH YEAH, BABY!!!!
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

adrenalnjunky wrote:I spent the other night drug out to a few clubs by my wife-to-be, and she was meeting a few of the "girls from the office".

ya superlift has always claimed they are about to do one..or they have one and are thinking of releasing it...but they never do
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Matt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Matt »

a2b wrote:yes 2"truckin is the same as the 2"SL
its a big POS...

stop searching
I dont want to do the TM5" lift, atleast not yet. Id rather spend the time and the effort looking and bugging companies for a smaller lift kit that doesnt envolve permanant "damage" (as my dad would say) to the truck. Id like to get up about 5", but Id love if there was a 3" lift where we didnt need to cut or weld any of our existing suspension. When will some of these companies get off their asses and look at some more numbers. We are a large part of the trucking industry. So our trucks are smaller, there also cheaper, which in turn provides us with more money to "piss" away on "stupid modifications" (thanks dad). If some company would come out with a lift for us, it would sell like crazy. Espically amoung us. Ill let a company use my truck for a while if they want to put a suspension on it, or use it to develop one. I need to open a 4X4 shop and fabricate all this stuff myself. Like one of my lift ideas. Lift control arms. They got drop control arms. Why not go the other way. And you can get around the extreme angles with better driveshafts. Im not a rocket scientist, but if you think about it, it could work. It would be a cheaper modification also. And off my soap box I go.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

okay the reason why no company is going to make a smaller lift is....
its a waist of time for the s-10 when you need all of 5" just to go to 31's

you cant ask a company to make a 3" lift so you can go to 30's...they wont do it.

and you just cant drop your arms..your angle will suck..thats why TM5" drops the whole front diff..even if there was a 3" suspension lift, it would be just like the TM5" but actually just 1" shorter since 1" of the TM5 comes from cranking the tbars

you should bug gm for makeing the wheel wells too small and too close to the cab
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

So have you bought a lawn chair and camped out in this guys front yard yet? He might get the hint if you meet him in the driveway with coffee and donuts every morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
Amateur Radio Operator KC4-IKR[/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

adrenalnjunky wrote:Matt,

From everything I have heard , that kit is the Superlift kit in a different box.
with shocks and a rear aal
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

a2b wrote:yes 2"truckin is the same as the 2"SL
its a big POS...

stop searching
TS 5" and TS 7", but you should know that :P