Suspension lifts

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Mr.ZR5
Regular
Regular

Suspension lifts

Post by Mr.ZR5 »

Hello everyone I just picked up my ZR5 about a month ago and am having a hard time locating a 3 inch suspension lift (not a big fan of body lifts). also didn't know what the largest tire I could fit on my truck in stock form without any rubbing at all. Thanks for any advice you can give.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I was like you in the beginning :) but there are no 3" suspension kits.
The only suspension lift option is the TM 5" kit.

Do some searching here and read up on the lifts, I think you will be convinced that the 2" BL is not nearly as evil as people have made it out to be.
I have heard of more problems related to IFS suspension lifts, than I have heard of problems related to body lifts.

The biggest tire on a stocker with no rubbing is the 29" optional offroad tire.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Well the Superlift/Rough Country lift is a 2 or 3 inch lift --- but as you can read on about every s-10 forum on the internet -- it's well known for destroying your front end components.

The 2 inch Perf. Accessories bodylift would get you to 31's on the truck -- just use the search function for several discussions on that (Since I started them all when I found this forum it seems :-)
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

If anyone made a good quality kit in the 3" range, I think most people on this board would have one! I know I would.
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
Amateur Radio Operator KC4-IKR[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

with the wheel wells being so small...3 inches will still only get you 31's by itself and thats still with rubbing. s-10's need 7 or so minumum to clear 33's...
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Mr.ZR5
Regular
Regular

Post by Mr.ZR5 »

I was talking to one of my friends and he was thinking the crew cab was built on the same platform as the 96 sytle 4 door blazers. so wouldn't a lift kit for those vehicles fit as well
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

a2b wrote:with the wheel wells being so small...3 inches will still only get you 31's by itself and thats still with rubbing. s-10's need 7 or so minumum to clear 33's...
I don't need 33's, I just want it to look like a truck! :lol:
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
Amateur Radio Operator KC4-IKR[/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Crew02 wrote:
a2b wrote:with the wheel wells being so small...3 inches will still only get you 31's by itself and thats still with rubbing. s-10's need 7 or so minumum to clear 33's...
what are you trying to say :wink:
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Mr.ZR5 wrote:I was talking to one of my friends and he was thinking the crew cab was built on the same platform as the 96 sytle 4 door blazers. so wouldn't a lift kit for those vehicles fit as well
Yes -- but still the only differences in these are the rear end setups, and very subtle differences at that -- the front suspension is the same for regular cab, ex cap crew and 2dr and 4dr blazers -- and the front end is your problem -- there is no really good way to lift it above a 1 inch torsion bar crank without running the Trailmaster 5 inch lift kit.

You can do an axle flip kit in the rear easily, but 5 + inches of lift in the rear is gonna look silly with only an inch in the front.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Crew02 wrote:
good point
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]