Best place to buy Bilsteins?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Best place to buy Bilsteins?

Post by ace »

I've convinced my wife that Bilsteins are the best gift to give a guy for Christmas. I just need to order them though. I'm looking for the just the fronts. What's the buy place to buy them? I also need a part number if someone knows it. I'm looking for the HD ones. I really hope they make a difference. I have air shocks in the back but stockers up front. I really would like to know if it's shocks I need or if it's because I cranked the t-bars that I have a harder ride. The only way to know for sure is to put the bilsteins on and see I guess.
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I would imagine anything, especially the Bilsteins, would improve your ride quality over the stock shocks! Having cranked the torsion bars, it will make your ride a little more rough. But the Bilsteins are probably your best choice for comfort.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

When I searched for the best price for mine, I found that the prices were almost exactly the same whether I ordered on-line or at the local Autozone. I think it was just a dollar or two cheaper ordering them through the local Autozone due to not having to pay for shipping. Here is what you want for the fronts http://www.bilstein.com/mistore/product ... _id=100484. From this link you can find a local dealer in your area or purchase on-line from various sites.
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

bobbysmitty,

I see you have airshocks too. What are you running up front?

ace
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

ace wrote:bobbysmitty,

I see you have airshocks too. What are you running up front?

ace
I have the monroe sensatracs up front. Big improvement over the stock shocks... I think I replaced them around 18,000 miles... The stock shocks were toast! I was able to compress them with one finger, then they would stay compressed! :lol: The stock ones are junk!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
LonestarZ
Crew
Crew

Post by LonestarZ »

Funny this topic came up. I just put in a order this morning for some new Bilsteins. Best price I could find was here at Shockwarehouse. They even have free shipping.

As far as part number.. I dont see any numbers for a S10 4WD non ZR2 offered by Bilstein. Might be out there.. just dont know.

Edit. A place that should be able to find out would be www.diversifiedcreations.com
Give them a call or send them an email. At the very least they should be able to get a part number for you if it is out there. Unfortunately I did not buy from them since they wanted $15 more per shock plus shipping.

One other site I found which might be the right part numbers is this one here.
[size=75]Dave

[url=http://www.zr2usa.com/members.php?a=member&id=545]2002 ZR2 5spd[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Always try the manufacturer first for numbers and then search for the best deal using their part numbers. Here is the applications directly from the Horse's mouth Don't let MSRP scare you, I paid less than half of that for mine!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I am sure I am doing something wrong but I am not having much luck with your link, Brule.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

HenryJ wrote:Pretty sure I used 2001 S-10 pickup...Here's the part #'s I have from the receipt: Performance Products parts # 137179 and #137174 (qty 2 each)

More info: Bilstein
The part numbers are still good on their website.

Offroad Warehouse Has free shipping- B46-1410 front , B46-1681 rear

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/Store_V ... 3!Cat!1264

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

:roll: OK. I looked at all the dealer websites listed. So the difference between a local Autozone's $59.99 per shock with no shipping, and some internet website's $59.95/shock with no shipping----A total of $0.10 (since Ace only wants the fronts), but going through the local store you always have someone to yell at if there's an issue and you're keeping a small portion of your money in YOUR community. :wink:
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

I'll check with my local autozone first and if they don't have them then I'll order from off road warehouse since they continue to offer stuff for the s-10. Like you said gotta support the right folks. Thanks for the replys!
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

They are not a stock item. You will need to, as I did, pay for them first, the store will order them and tell you right then the day they will be in, usually only a couple days.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Performance products has 'em 15% off and free shipping for the rest of this weekend. If anyone's still waiting, they don't get cheaper than this very often.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

Thats a pretty good price. I just completed my set with a purchase of a rear set off ebay. Found fronts and rears over 2 months in seperate auctions for about 160 for all four.

So if you dont mind waiting a little bit they can be found on ebay also.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]