Raising hitch ?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Raising hitch ?

Post by ace »

I got my step bars raised up and I'm now going to tackle raising the hitch. I was wondering did anyone drill the holes for the brackets with them still on the truck or do I have to take them off?
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Hey Ace, once you figure out how to do it and all, could you take a picture looking straight at it and maybe measure how low the hitch hangs down by the brackets below the bumper if at all. I'm thinking about getting one, but I have my dual exhaust coming out the back and I wanna know if it will fit above the tips. Thanks!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

My hitch is a generic one, so I had to drill new holes in the brackets to line up with the bumper mount holes on the frame. What kind of hitch do you have?
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I'd drop the brackets off to drill.
BobbleSmitty wrote:...could you take a picture looking straight at it ...
I know, I am not ace , but-

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

HenryJ wrote:I'd drop the brackets off to drill.
I had a feeling you might say that. I was looking for the easy way but oh well.
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

BobbleSmitty wrote:Hey Ace, once you figure out how to do it and all, could you take a picture looking straight at it and maybe measure how low the hitch hangs down by the brackets below the bumper if at all. I'm thinking about getting one, but I have my dual exhaust coming out the back and I wanna know if it will fit above the tips. Thanks!
Once I get everything figured out like you said I will measure how long the hitch hangs down by the brakets below the bumper. I have the GM hitch. It might be a couple of weeks before I do this. The next couple of weekends are booked.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Thanks HJ... that top picture that is what i need but its just hard to see the bar on the hitch going across. Do you have any others that are closer or easier to see??? Thanks!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I don't know if this will help, but here is a picture of my 1.5" raised GM hitch. :D

Steve