Catch this crap

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Catch this crap

Post by Maximous »

So i got my Pops to check with a Offroad Shop owning buddy of his to see the k9ind of deal i could get on a Super 6in, my dad asks and the guy says that the lift is no good, that the TM is much better riding on and offroad, and that 31's are as big as i can run, unless i install a (get this) 3in body lift, he says he can do the lift for around 2300, so guys what do you think? idiot???
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Catch this crap

Post by F9K9 »

Maximous wrote:, so guys what do you think? idiot???
Sounds to me that I'd stay away from your Dad's friend, Bro :!:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

I'm with Reed. He may be a knowledgable guy and all, but he doesn't know enough about your truck.
[size=75][url=http://www.synergyoffroad.com]Synergy Offroad[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

:nana: All of the above :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Catch this crap

Post by Steve2003 »

Maximous wrote:So i got my Pops to check with a Offroad Shop owning buddy of his to see the k9ind of deal i could get on a Super 6in, my dad asks and the guy says that the lift is no good, that the TM is much better riding on and offroad, and that 31's are as big as i can run, unless i install a (get this) 3in body lift, he says he can do the lift for around 2300, so guys what do you think? idiot???
He's partly right. 6in superlift = 31in tires = no rub
6in superlift = 33in tires = alot of rubbing
6in superlift,2in body lift = 33in tires
or 6in superlift, cut out flares,1/2in trim on your vallence and 32in tires

The superlift is not the problem, it's the crappy GM parts like the ball joints,tyrods etc.

The price sounds about right if that's for the install also.
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

theres no 3in BL for your s-10
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

To give your dad's friend the benefit of the doubt he was probably thinking of the 2" superlift which we know can cause problems and the max tire would be 31".
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

you rub with 32's even with 6in lift? even though the recomended size is 33x12.50x15??? thats crazy, well basically put, he said the SpL was no good and rode like crap and i would be much better off getting the TM, whether he knows about the 6in versus the 2in SpL, i dont know??
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

The 6in superlift does not ride like crap! especialy if you get the bilstein shocks....you can take that to the bank! :roll:

You would be much better off with the Hj lift!
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

thers always the BDS lift
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

Hj??? BDS???? guys remember i have been out of the loop for quite a while, little help on last
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

alright, BDS i do remember from way back when, and i looked at there site. i still have no idea what Hj was, unless you mean the mystery lift, alright so let me get what i think i know out there, BDS is a good company, they dont sell through the internet or wholeslers, there lift cost more and is shorter by an inch, thats about all i think i know, what i am looking at right now says

Base Price $2,077.35

Front 5" IFS System
Rear 4.5" Axle

is that right? because the SpL says like 1700 and 1900, and i still don tknow the difference between those two lifts, so is there a better choice here, better durability or does it come down to "well this one is cheaper so just get it"

OH yeah and PS-can you still get the dual shocks and steering stablizer for the SpL and if so where, i cant find it, thanks guys.

PSS i am trying to find just what i need to know, the money is already in the bank waiting on one of these two companies to take it

PSSS i dont know if this helps but i wanted to run 32's or 33's but i have also never seen 31's on a 6in lift, does it look good, (i chose the bigger tire because i didnt think a 31 would fill out right)

THANKS GUYS
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Talk to your off road shop and tell them that you have a S-10 CREW CAB and then tell them to look that up....then go from there.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

For The Bds Lift Call Them To Get Your Local Distributor & Call Them For A Price, I Was Quoted $1650.00 For The Lift No Install Included (their website price is probably more expensive than their authorized dealer pricing) I Believe The Biggest Difference Is The Superlift Requires Some Minor Welding On The Rear Axle Flip & The BDS Is A Bolt On (no welding required) Lift.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

When I got my lift it was the K776b, it came with upgraded bilstein shocks.
jeggers got his lift from summit and it came with the skid plate and steering stableizer.....call summit and ask them what the difference is in the K776 and K776b. The superlift and BDS are both good lifts.

The Hj lift is the mystery lift, that would be your best bang for the buck, plus the guys that have the mystry lift are running 33in tires.

Good luck with what ever you decide. :D
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Maximous, you've already ordered a set of Skidz cutout flares haven't you? If not, get some before they're gone :)

I know Bubaloowas at one time, and may still be running 35's on his truck. He has a 2" BL, and either the 6" SL or 5" TM (I can't remember).
--Walt
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Bubaloo has an SFA swap, doesnt he? I think he swapped out his super lift.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

SONOMA915 wrote:Bubaloo has an SFA swap, doesnt he? I think he swapped out his super lift.
Correct! Please try to keep up, Walt :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

i have ordered some Skids, i actually have to check the status of my check and see if it is enroute yet, so yes i will have the cut outs, i just want to know what the rest of the stuff on summit is for the SpL, when i look it up it has like four or five different options, i cant call, the only phone time i get i use talking to my folks and my girl, phone time is limited, i maybe use the phone once a week, thanks for all the help guys, i can honestly say that without a doubt, you guys are the nicest people i know on a S-series CrewCab site on the internet, hahaha, kinda narrowed it down huh, just kidding, you guys are great
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

how much should one of these lifts cost through a good installer/dealer, an out the door price, leaving only tires to buy, cuz my dad got quoted 2700 and 3 grand, is that about right??
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Maximous wrote:how much should one of these lifts cost through a good installer/dealer, an out the door price, leaving only tires to buy, cuz my dad got quoted 2700 and 3 grand, is that about right??
You could get all the tools required to perform the install yourself for the $1000 over the price of the SL 6" lift, research the project, do it yourself and those same tools will be there to serve you 30 yrs from now. Lift = $1,700, $1000 in tools and it is done. Just a thought :wink:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

At the kind of prices being suggested here, you might wait a little while and see what comes of the Diversified Creations SFA kit.
I'd like to see what the price ends up being. Think it is not far from being prototyped.
I would hate to see you spend close to $5000 on an IFS kit , when that would get you into a SFA that would hold up to some serious offroading.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Hey Brule, is Diversified Creations on the internet? Do they have any pics?
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

SONOMA915 wrote:...is Diversified Creations on the internet? Do they have any pics?
I have not been following it closely enough.
The thread started on ZR2.com.
Mike Copeland aka LS1ZR2 is putting together the kit. Diversified Creations is his shop. He solicited interested members for a vehicle on which to prototype the kit. They were to be responsible for the price of parts and he will do the install. This will be chronicled in a magazine, and I think they received exclusive rights to the build, so there may not be any photos available until the magazine is published.

I would suggest a little "guest" browsing on ZR2USA.com may reveal some more details. Roger's truck was the one selected for the install. He is the administrator for that forum.

Jiggs may have some more details?

EDIT: I just did a little looking and work doesn't start until July with kit availability projected to be next year some time. Probably not an option at this point. Might be worth following Paul's lead for an SFA, if that is the direction you want to go.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

arent there kits out now though?
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

sorry i'm jumping in late.....
as far as i know i am the only one to run the BDS lift

BDS 5" with 2" body lift
33X12.50 tires on 3 3/4 backspacing lots of trimming

Superlift's maximum tires size recomendation was 33X10.50 for their 6"
BDS's maximum tire size recomendation was 31X10.50 for their 5"

with BDS you have to check around for prices, it all depends on how much the distributer wants to jack you on the price. i got quoted everything from $2000 to $1450 for the kit. i got the kit, steering stabilizer, and installation for $2150

now, if you want to wheel it hard, like a good truck should :wink: i think going SFA is the best route. although i had no problems in the one year since i lifted my truck and all the wheeling i did in it, i can't say for how long that front end would've held up. if it's a street queen with light wheelin (don't go jumpin into holes full throttle or rock crawling) you can get away with IFS.

just my $.02 on the situation
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

your $.02 is noted and added to all the other $.02's in my pocket, i am gonna need them to go SFA hahaha, hey you guys are tax payers, i need a raise, hahaha
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

PS benny, great looking truck man, i cant wait to get home and find some MUDD!!!!
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

some superlift options from 4wheelonline
the third one includes multiple shock mounts with 6 bilstiens

EDIT: the featured picture looks like a photoshopped version of KCustom's truck
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

kermit wrote:EDIT: the featured picture looks like a photoshopped version of KCustom's truck
Yea...there are 10 or 15 photochopped pics of KCustom's truck floating around....blue, yellow, red, flaming, etc... :lol: He's got one of the most famous CC's :)
--Walt
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

kermit wrote:some superlift options from 4wheelonline
the third one includes multiple shock mounts with 6 bilstiens

EDIT: the featured picture looks like a photoshopped version of KCustom's truck
I have the K776B and it does not come with the multiple shock mounts....unless they have changed the kit....however I believe the zr2 kit k328 does have the multiple shock mounts.....I think 4wheelonline has made a typo! K776b
ImageImage

here is another
Last edited by Steve2003 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

woah steve, need to put on my shades 8)
truck is blingy :D
looks good man, i like how you're doing stuff nobody else has :thumb:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]