Need a picture of a CC with bodylift & shackles/Tbar cra

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Need a picture of a CC with bodylift & shackles/Tbar cra

Post by ace »

Does anyone have picture of their truck with just this combo? I'm really trying decide whether to wait and go with a suspension lift or go the above route. Thanks.
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Here is mine on the Rubicon at 7500 ft. :) I don't have shackles, I just have rear helper springs. :)

Steve
Last edited by killian96ss on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

mine but no shackles wanted it to stay as level front to rear as I could
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

there's a couple of pics of my truck in my gallery.. i have tbar crank and rear shackles....i'll get a better pic tomorrow for ya!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

killian96ss wrote:Here is mine, but I don't have shackles, I just have rear helper springs. :)

Steve
When you say helper springs is it the boise spring kit or something else?
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

ace wrote:When you say helper springs is it the boise spring kit or something else?
Leaf Helper Springs and Sway probs ?(Leaf Helper Springs)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

ace wrote:When you say helper springs is it the boise spring kit or something else?
I have the Summit Sway Control Plus springs. :D

Steve
Last edited by killian96ss on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

that help :lol:

[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

here ya go!!! 2 inch body lift, 1 1/2 inch t bar crank, 1.75 inch rear lift shackles, 30x9.5 tires!!!

hope all our pics helps ya out, ace!!! :D
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:bounce: :thumb: I Like, I like!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

I think all of your trucks look really good!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the pictures. I'm definitely going with the bodylift but now i just need to decide between the spring kit and the shackles. I do tow a camper but I don't want a rough ride when I'm not towing.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Multiple leaf kits don't ride rough. They are progressive. The more you add the more support they add.

If you tow, shackles are not the way to go. They allow too much movement side to side.
While towing Hobie's driveshaft actually rubbed the fuel tank shield when cornering.

Shackles to allow more articulation. So if you offroad lots that may be an advantage.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

HenryJ wrote:Multiple leaf kits don't ride rough. They are progressive. The more you add the more support they add.

If you tow, shackles are not the way to go. They allow too much movement side to side.
While towing Hobie's driveshaft actually rubbed the fuel tank shield when cornering.

Shackles to allow more articulation. So if you offroad lots that may be an advantage.
Do you think the sway control kit would help towing? Also does the sway control kit provide any lift? I wouldn't think so.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It will provide lift and help with towing. Crank them down has much as you need to keep the ride height you desire.
The harder you clamp them the rougher the ride , higher it will ride.
Keep an eye on them if you offroad much though. The u-bolts will wear and loosen in time. They can also ride awfully hard. I had a set on my first gen s-series when I bought it. That think rode way too rough and the articulation was being limited.
Mine were slightly different from the helpers that members here have been using. They were twin springs and in pairs for both front and rear of the spring pack. I did find one that came loose once. It was clear back by the shackle.
The previous owner had run them for a long time. They did not use the plates and the u-bolts had worn into the leaf springs. I later replaced the spring packs to avoid them breaking were the u-bolts wear had been.
Please don't see this as discouragement. "Eyes wide open" , I just want to point out what some of the issues could be.
The cheapest method would be to add leaves from a donor spring pack bought at a salvage yard. Remove your overload and add a leaf or three.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

ace wrote:Do you think the sway control kit would help towing? Also does the sway control kit provide any lift? I wouldn't think so.
The sway control springs will definitely help with towing and can give you up to 1-1/2" of lift. Mine are set at 1" of extra lift to match the 1" t-bar crank. These helper springs will reduce articulation somewhat. I lost about 2" on either side, but it still flexes pretty well. My sway control springs have been on now for 2+ years with absolutely no problems. My u-bolts are not wearing into the springs and the lock nuts have never loosened. I do understand what HJ is saying about the u-bolts wearing and breaking and it would be a good idea to check them once in a while, but mine are doing fine. One thing to remember is that some manufacturers use low grade steel in their u-bolts which will wear much faster than hardened steel. For anyone installing these, make sure you use the lock nuts, or jam nuts as some might call them. When you finally get the desired height or preload make sure you properly tighten the second nut into the first, and you should never have problems, but once again it is a good idea to check them once in a while just to be sure. :wink:

Steve
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I've noticed a very harsh ride with my sway helpers :( But I did tighten then down a good bit, so maybe I need to loosen them up some :) The front doesn't seem any rougher after the bushings, but the rear hops a but over bumps now.....something I was accustomed to with my X-cab, but certainly not in the CC :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

It took me a while to find a good spot for my rear sway controls. I would suggest driving on the springs with different adjustments to find a good balance. When I have my camper shell off my ride is a little bumpy in the rear, but when the shell is on I can't feel any of those same bumps. Once you find a good balance point make sure you tighten those jam nuts together. :wink:

Steve
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

I just posted on the other thread that this kit is no longer availabe from summitt.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

killian96ss wrote:...My sway control springs have been on now for 2+ years with absolutely no problems. My u-bolts are not wearing into the springs and the lock nuts have never loosened. I do understand what HJ is saying about the u-bolts wearing and breaking and it would be a good idea to check them once in a while, but mine are doing fine. One thing to remember is that some manufacturers use low grade steel in their u-bolts which will wear much faster than hardened steel. For anyone installing these, make sure you use the lock nuts, or jam nuts as some might call them. When you finally get the desired height or preload make sure you properly tighten the second nut into the first, and you should never have problems, but once again it is a good idea to check them once in a while just to be sure.
Good advice :thumb: I would add that "your conditions may vary" some soils can be more abrasive, and road salts can play a part as well. The wear could be attributed to external contamination.
Keep them clean and they should last a good long time.

- ThunderII KE7CSK