bolt pattern...

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

chumley
Crew
Crew

bolt pattern...

Post by chumley »

for a 2wd S10, I have a set I took off my Blazer that has 5 on 4.75 and 5 0n 4.5, was going to give them to the neighbor's son that just turned 16 and got an S-truck (they'll look alot better than what he has on there now). Will they fit? They're 15x7's. TIA Tim
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I'm confused. If you took them off your Blazer why would they have been two different bolt patterns? They should have been the same. If he's 16 I'm sure he wouldn't mind pulling a wheel and seeing if they would fit. I know I would have at 16 to get a free set of wheels :P As far as 15/7 I'm sure they would fit unless he has slammed it.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

there's actually 10 holes in the rim -5 for each bolt pattern. I'm with you about him pulling the wheel but they weren't home yesterday and I was on here so I figured I'd ask, even to satisfy my own curiosity.
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

his should also be 5 on 4.75 we share the same pattern with vettes and camaros
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I thought Jeff24 would jump in on this. ( I think he knows wheels) Jeff he is putting 4x4 wheels on a 2x2. I think that works but you just cant put 2x2 wheels on a 4x4 because of clearance. Correct?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

OK, I don't know which way we are going here ? 4x4 wheel to 2wd , or 2wd to 4x4 , but there are going to be "issues".

4x4 wheels are similar to a FWD wheel in that they have lots of rear spacing to accommodate the hub and drive that make the mounting point protrude outward. Our wheels have 6" of rear spacing.

2wd wheels have no need for all this rear spacing since their hub/spindle can be fairly compact. Typical rearspacing for 2wd can be around 3.5"

Can you exchange wheels? Maybe.

The 4x4 wheels on a 2wd will tuck them way inboard and may create some problems with rubbing springs, frame, a-arms, calipers, etc.

2wd wheels on a 4x4 may create problems rubbing fenders.

Best advise. Try it before spending money on mounting tires. Then give it a shot if you think it will work in your application. I have seen a set of 2wd wheels on a lifted S-Blazer. They looked good. I can't say that I have seen a 4x4 wheel on a 2wd though.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Hats off to HenryJ for clearing that up. :thumb:
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

I'm just looking to give my old 4x4 wheels to a kid next door to put on his 2wd S10. Free. They will look better than the gray stockers he has on there now. I was just wondering if they would fit on a 2wd. They are 15x7 and don't know for sure the backspacing- 3.5-4"? I'll let him try them on his truck, bare rim and if they fit I'd give them to him. Sorry for any confusion. Tim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It's all good information to gather and share. Don't be sorry.

Be sure to let us all know how it all works out.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

BADs Crew wrote:I thought Jeff24 would jump in on this. ( I think he knows wheels) Jeff he is putting 4x4 wheels on a 2x2. I think that works but you just cant put 2x2 wheels on a 4x4 because of clearance. Correct?

What???? 4x4 wheels on a 2x2 What is a 2x2??? :P those are pretty big for a small pice of lumber.

ahhhhh sub 4x2 for 2x2 and it makes sense, sorry just poking a little fun!
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

chumley wrote:I'm just looking to give my old 4x4 wheels to a kid next door to put on his 2wd S10. Free. They will look better than the gray stockers he has on there now. I was just wondering if they would fit on a 2wd. They are 15x7 and don't know for sure the backspacing- 3.5-4"? I'll let him try them on his truck, bare rim and if they fit I'd give them to him. Sorry for any confusion. Tim
Might check with a tire shop about a spacer to adjust the back spacing too.. if the 4x wheels have too much spacing, a spacer might be available to fill the gap, depending on how much space needs to be taken up.
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]