Wheel Spacers

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Wheel Spacers

Post by BADs Crew »

Has anyone used these wheel spacers or purchased from this place? I want spacers but not sure where to get em.

link

Link't long url-HJ
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I do not think that is where I got mine but, that is a super price if, they are decent. Have you checked out the feedback section?

I am making up my mind to sell some 2" ones that I got off of bubaloo
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

ordering spacers (comparison and review)
HenryJ wrote:... an opinion on the ebay spacers from Dwight Long ( Completevalue@cox.net).
HenryJ wrote:Ok here's my opinion of the three different sets of spacers-

I would say the AIM spacers are the best for overall quality and finish. The overall diameter is 6.5" The heavier 1/2" NF studs do use a larger lug nut that you must press the black lug caps over, and requires packing another lug wrench. But for worry free, I think they are the highest quality. There is quite a wait for these as they are built to order, not in stock.

Next the Ebay spacers from Dwight Long. The finish is not quite as nice, some sharper edges and the lug chamfer could be a little closer. The studs are 12mm x 1.5 , same as stock, and the overall diameter is 6.5".
I would say that they are a good quality spacer, and well worth it with the price savings over AIM, not to mention no wait for them to be built.

Last the GP spacers Comman sent them to me after having sheared a stud when they loosened up. I installed new studs and checked the surface for straight.
They would be my last choice , of the spacers that I have seen. The studs are stock replacement studs, which is OK. The finish is comparable to , or less than the Ebay spacers.
The biggest problem is the overall diameter, 6" they are actually 1/2" smaller than the rotor/hub mounting surface. I don't think that they are smaller than the wheel mating surface, but very close to the same. That doesn't leave much room for error, not to mention material around the outside. The recesses for the lugs that attach the spacers to hub are really thin at the outside.
The wheels Conman had mounted left an impression, or stain where they contacted the spacer. It appears that the area around the outside 1/2" is where the wheel contacts the spacer. The smaller overall diameter makes me a little nervous.

Summary:
First choice- Ebay spacers from Dwight Long (better price, stock stud size, good spacers)

Second choice- AIM (If money is no object and waiting no problem then #1)

Third choice- GP spacers (I think they will perform adequately, though bear watching)

My best advise would be , if you want spacers ask what the overall diameter is. I think the 6.5" spacers are better.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Well they look well machined, they have the correct size studs and the seller has a good rating. I might just bite the BILLET on this one. Unless someone give me a negative.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Did you read any of the post above yours? :roll:

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

:lol: Yes I did, you posted your reply as I was typing my reply. They will be mine. Thanks for your help.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:... Thanks for your help.
You bet.
You will be pleased, those are THE spacers :thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I love Pay Pal. They are on there way. :D
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

reed ..... let me know before you "list" those spacers!!! i may want to try them out on the rear of my truck,,,,putting mine on the front!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

top_sgt wrote:reed ..... let me know before you "list" those spacers!!! i may want to try them out on the rear of my truck,,,,putting mine on the front!!!
Have I ever sold anything without letting you know first? They are fine for the street set up as you want but, off-road....................best be getting the cut out flares from Justin. I am in the debating mode at the moment but, PM me about the TN rockcrawling I could not attend. :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Spacers installed..... The truck looks much better. I would have posted the pic but its so hot and humid here that the photo looks like I took it when it was foggy out. Not clear at all. Did anyone use a torque wrench to install em? I hope I did it correctly. I may have went over a bit and put 95lbs to em. The stock studs only came 2/3rds through the lug nut. I looked close as to how many threads the stock lug nut bit with out the spacers and they seamed to be the same. I'am going to the ocean for a week with the family. Hate to have a wheel come off.