Stock Ride hieght - i have some measurments for you to check

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Stock Ride hieght - i have some measurments for you to check

Post by Blaze One »

So I know that this is a CrewCab forum , but this place offers the best infomation on S Series trucks . Anyway . My 99 Blazer has a height of 31.5" on the front drivers side and 31" on the frontpassenger side BUT it is 33" in the rear ! Are my tbars sagging ? or is this normal . I have yet to look at other trucks because i can't just walk up and start measuring . BTW I am measuring from the ground to the top middle of the wheel opening , and i realize that everyones would be different because of tire size , but was wondering if the difference is supposed to be 2" between front and rear . I have pics in the gallery but i don't think the will help much . Thanks
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You need to check your Trim height specifications and adjust acordingly.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

ummm .... ok that is what I will do but i don't understand anything on that diagram :?: am I supposed to measure the distance between the 3 points and add the numbers up to get a total measurment ?
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

before I cranked my TBs my passanger side was almost 1in lower now im dead even at all 4 corners 35 1/4" from ground to bottom of wheel opening
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Blaze One wrote:ummm ....i don't understand anything ...
Trim Height Measurements
HenryJ wrote:...Find a good level floor (I know that may be difficult ) measure from the center of the lower ball joint to the floor. Then measure from the center of the a-arm to frame mount bolt to the floor and subtract the first measurement.
That will give you a rough idea where you sit.

If you don't think that you can handle it, maybe it would be worthwhile to have an alignment shop check it and have them "bump" it up to the upper specification.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

sounds good , I don't have any perfectly flat ground to measure it on so I will just stop at a alignment shop , it's time for one anyway . Would they have the correct specs to which it should be adjusted to ?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Blaze One wrote:...Would they have the correct specs to which it should be adjusted to ?
They should. If you have any doubts , print out the page from our website. It is directly from GM's service manual.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

alrighty then . I guess if they don't know what i am talking about i shouldn't let them touch my truck then . Thanks for your help !