Ordered wheel spacers...

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Ordered wheel spacers...

Post by SomeCrew »

Just thought you would want to know. I just ordered my wheels spacers out of some guy in California, 150$ shipped.

There is no online ordering, you just submit your information and he calls you back with a quote. He called me back in 15 minutes and had them made and shipped out that same day. I was impressed with his service. The guys names is Fred Goeske.

They come with a lifetime warranty, so I thought it was a pretty decent deal. Here is the site is anyone wants it...

http://www.wheeladapter.com/
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

wow he saw you comming a mile away 150 shipped im thinking that you may have just paid more then anyone else for your spacers(gold plated maybe :) )

what size did you order?
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Wow, I would have sold you my old 1.3 inch spacers minus lug nuts for $50 shipped.
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

:crazy:
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I don't know if that was really all that bad of a price. Seems to me a lot of us paid almost that much for the spacers we got in a group buy here a year or two ago and I'm not sure they were all that good quality. These look better from what I saw on their site.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Here Are The Spacers I Am Running My Spacers They Were $80.00 Shipped.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Yes, but these have lifetime warranties, and like Rusty said, and this guy said, WAY better quality then those japanese e-bay ones.
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

if the lifetime warranties make you feel better but there not gonna rust there billet might snap a lug off . We were just trying to save ya a few $s ok maybe 60-70 $s.
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Well I appreciate it, but I would rather have the warranty, makes me feel safe...for some reason. and the extra 70 bucks didnt matter, all being bought with tax money anywho...
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Retep wrote:Wow, I would have sold you my old 1.3 inch spacers minus lug nuts for $50 shipped.
:shock: Do you still have them??? I'm interested.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Ordered wheel spacers...

Post by HenryJ »

Do us a favor and call them for the overall diameter of the wheel adapter.

That may be the same place that ZR2.com had the first group purchase (mid to late 2001)? If so those are not the best wheel adapters. They used the 6" billet stock and the lug recesses are too close to the outer edge.

You want an adapter with an overall diameter of 6.5"

You are worried about a warranty? Come on ... they are making well over three times the material cost of making them. Heck they can send you two replacement sets and still break even. Bust a stud and they are only out a buck.

How many failures have you heard of here?

I have heard of three total in all the forums that I check. One set was the smaller diameter stock, which can be swelled by over torquing. Another set was rumored to have broken studs. I did not see pictures of it, only the comment by a second party.

I have only actually seen one break a stud, and $10 worth of new studs fixed them up. 2bunik is still running them.

Personally just read the spacer review and make your best judgement on what to buy. I did pay way too much for my first pair through AIM. They are good ones , but I feel as confident in the second set that I bought from completevalue on ebay.

I guess I'm saying that I think you can buy a good product cheaper, but if you feel more comfortable with them , that is important too. Just make darn sure that they are as good as you think they are, please.
Last edited by HenryJ on Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

they must be better then what we all have they cost $70.00 more :lol:
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

D@mn skippige they are! :wink:
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

:thumb:
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Ok, I admit it, I made an overpirced purchase, can everyone forgive me? :( :( :(
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

border man wrote:
Retep wrote:Wow, I would have sold you my old 1.3 inch spacers minus lug nuts for $50 shipped.
:shock: Do you still have them??? I'm interested.
Yes I still have them. Send me a PM if your interested. The only reason I am selling them is because I bought some of the hub centric spacers off ebay. The spacers I am selling came from the group purchase we had with ZR2.com a couple of years ago. They are the 6" diameter spacers that HenryJ is not fond of, but I never had a problem with them. They don't include lug nuts because I like the old lug nuts better than the lug nuts that came with my new spacers and have decided to keep them.

New nuts Image

Old nuts Image

Direct replacement lug nuts can be found here but I think any 12 x 1.5 mm lug nut should work fine.

I can provide a better picture if you want.

My apologies for hi-jacking this thread. :shrug:
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

I ordered Dwight Long's wheel spacers. 1.25 hub centric for the front and 2.5" for the rear. The expected date of delivery is 4/1.

Thank you HenryJ for taking the time to post your opinions and reviewing the spacers out there. Based on this I decided to purchase completevalue's spacers.
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

SomeCrew wrote:Ok, I admit it, I made an overpirced purchase, can everyone forgive me? :( :( :(
If I had a nickel for everytime I spent too much money on something, I'd be rich and I wouldn't care if I spent too much money on something! :lol:
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

Talking about spacers.. I am still running them spacer s you fixed for me henry J !! :thumb:
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]