sl kit is here

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

sl kit is here

Post by jeggers »

After three months on back order the last box is here. If u all are interested i will post some picks as soon as my home computer is back up and running (long story). Over all the kit looks very strong. This is not a kit to slap on in your garage in march so i will need to wait until there is room in the inlaws shop to get before i get started. :D
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

good luck with the install. check to see if you have all the parts. i was missing a torsion bar drop bracket and alot of hardware. i put the hardware for each step in their own zip lock bags and that made things much easier during the install. how does the power coating look? it'll be nice to see another truck on this site with the sl kit. the way everyone was talking last fall i thought there would be 100 trucks on this site by now with the kit. aside from the prototype trucks superlift did i think i'm the only one so far. if you have any questions once you get started feel free to ask. read over the thread "superlift feedback" and you can see the issues i had during my install and hopefully it'll go a little smoother for you.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Jeffc wrote:the way everyone was talking last fall i thought there would be 100 trucks on this site by now with the kit.
Don't Worry.....It's Taking A Little Time Cuz I Want New Gears & Rims / Tires With The SL But I'm Saving Every Penny I Can Squeak. It Just Takes Time W/ A Wife & 2 Kids :lol: But I Have Started Selling Any And All Junk / Stuff I Have Collected Over The Years To Do The Lift....My Warranty Doesnt Expire Till Dec 2005 So Hopefully I Will Have The Perfect Xmas Present For My Self :D So Consider Me In Progress / Soon To Be Lifted !!

Jeff
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

jeffc, how was superlift on getting u the missing parts? one off my boxes was damaged and there was hard ware all over the place. I have been going thru the kit and putting all hard ware with its step and i seem to be short.
So how does the kit ride on your truck?
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I just got my 6 SL put on, it just got done yesterday :D I have to pick it up this morning. I took it in Monday and they told me it would be a day and a half and they just got it done yesterday at 4:00 pm . I kept calling and they kept saying they were working on it, I was wondering why it was taking so long. So I went by the shop a couple times and just went right to the garage and I could see nobody was working on it. I think they were putting priority on the dealer trucks over mine. But anyways, it's done now, can't wait to see it. I am going to go get it right now and get tires. Will post pictures on this sites album. Good luck on your SL.

Steve
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

greet! post some picsa man :P :D :shock: :P :evil: :idea: :?: :!: :wink: :roll: :cry: :lol: :o 8) :oops: :P
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

jeggers,
superlift was very good about getting me the parts i needed. they got shipped out right away and i had them in 2 days. if you have all the major parts and your only missing nuts and bolts i'd just go to the the hardware store and buy that stuff yourself. it'll be easier and faster than waiting on them. i called sl with hardware questions and the guy i talked to said "it sounds like you know more about the kit than i do" so i figured i'd buy my own hardware. he did say they had to fire their hardware guy just before i got my kit because he wouldn't take a drug test. so that could be part of the problem with missing hardware! did you get the skid plate? if you did make sure you have the 110mmx14mm bolts for the front lower control arm bolts. i only had 100mm bolts and they worked for me but i know if i had to sandwich the skid plate mounting braket in there the 100mm would have been too short and most hardware store don't stock 110x14mm bolts. as far as the ride is concerned it's great....just like stock except the wide tire pull a little more on uneven roads. it drive so well it makes me wonder why everyone doesn't lift their trucks!

steve2003
we need pics. what size tires and wheels did you go with? backspacing? any rubbing? what gears do you have?
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I got my truck and just LOVE IT :thumb: :bounce: I put 31X10's on it. I previously thought I wanted to also put a BL on it and put 33's or maybe 35's but after the 6 SL and tires I don't see any need. It's plenty high and I have plenty of clearance in my wheel wells. It looks like a real truck now. Now I have a lot of people checking it out as I go down the street. Since the 2 years I have had my truck I have only seen two other CC's in our area and I am a local truck driver and on the road all day long. I bet I am the only one with the lifted CC around here. It's not something people are used to seeing. I got pictures posted in the photo gallery.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It really does look good :thumb:

Watch out for lawsuits...all those neck jerkers may sue you for whiplash! I guess those are the risks you take when you drive a cool truck ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Thanks HenryJ for posting the picture I couldn't quit figure that one out. I off to church, be back later with more details.
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

JeffC

I stayed with my stock rims, got a 31X10 wide conqueror radial A/T made by Yokahoma. My gears are 3.42's:( I have 1.25 spacers. After I got tires on my truck my wife followed me on the freeway and according to the speedometer in her car my speedometer says I am going exactly 5 mph slower than I actually am. So if my speedometer says I am doing 65 I am actually doing 70. As far as clearance, not even close to being a problem, all kinds of room. As for the power, it was fine on the freeway, it was fine in the city, I drove up the mountains and just noticed a slight loss of power. I was still passing people like I usually do. Where I did notice a loss of power though was off road and in thick snow, huge difference. As far as the ride, it just feels a little rougher, more like a truck. The front end suspension seems to be more smooth when going over bumps, but the rear seems more stiff, I think I will be ok for now with what my set up is as long as I don't do serious off roading or drive in thick snow. Plan to change gears but for now am out of cash.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

HenryJ wrote:It really does look good :thumb:

Watch out for lawsuits...all those neck jerkers may sue you for whiplash! I guess those are the risks you take when you drive a cool truck ;)
Wow--looks great steve!!

That pic does explain the need for T-bar relocators though -- you'd be almost high-centered before the rear tires started touching that dirt pile. On dirt it may not be so bad, but if that were a rock that was between you and home - wow - not a good situation.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

JEFFC,
I am not too worried about nuts and bolts . i think i am missing the rear brake line extension??????? I will call them on that. I got the skid plate and steering stabilizer. summit included them in the kit, score one for me (i have been waiting three months for the kit score about 80 for them). I did not ask for them but they were in the order. :evil:
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

Steve2003 ,
:D swweet truck man!
Ok looks like i do have the rear brake line extension. I don't have the 110mmx14mm bolts i have 100mmx14mm and they are a little short. These bolts are black and have an 8.8 on them can i use a grade 8 zinc coted bolt, :? or are these differnt.
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

i think if it's grade 8 it would work but you'll have to go to a nut and bolt supplier to find 110mm bolts. the longest i could find at any regular hardware store was 100mm bolts. when i said you'll need the longer bolts for the skid plate i meant the stainless steel flame logo ski plate...not the black skid plate for the front diff. the black skid plate that comes with all the kits just uses 8 short bolts. if you have the stainless skid plate there is a bracket that gets bolted on using the same bolts that hold the front of the lower control arm....which is why they need to be 10mm longer than the bolt for the rear of the lower control arm. so if you only have the black skid plate you won't need new bolts. i just thought i should clarify what i said in my earlier post so you don't go on a wild goose chase looking for hardware.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jeffc wrote:i think if it's grade 8 it would work but you'll have to go to a nut and bolt supplier to find 110mm bolts. ...
I have had pretty good luck finding long metric bolts at the local John Deere dealer.

8.8 is the metric equivalent of the "grade" hardness marking system. "Grade" numbered bolts are used for standard. 8.8 hardness or better should work fine.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

jeffc, I couldnt find any over 100 eather. I do have the stainless skid plate with the logo :evil: :evil: :evil: . I have another ? I think it is step 28 or 29 installing new tie bolts what do they look like? i have matched every thing else up and i am out of bolts. :twisted: :x :twisted:

HenryJ , thanks for the tip i will look into it tomarow. :D
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

the "tie bolts"are the bolts that hold the spring pack together. they look like a normal bolt but the head is round so it can fit into the hole on the spring perch. i didn't have those in my kit either. they guy that helped me with the install had some laying around. you can get them at any spring shop or probably any auto parts store. i've been told not to reuse the stock tie bolts....something about the getting stressed after being tightened and loosened multiple times. they are cheap so it's probably best to just replace them.
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

jeffc, Thanks for all of the help. I just got off the phone with superlift and they should be sending out the parts today. I have been looking for 110mm bolts with no luck, so hopefully they get it right.
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Jeggers

My lift did not come with the superlift skid plate. I have also seen the front steering stabilizer shock and the front twin shocks made by superlift that go to our kit. I know I have seen them somewhere but I can't find the site again, I looked on Summit's site and they don't show anything. I ordered the catalog maybe they will have it in there. Do you know of any site where I could at least get a look or a maybe a price for these items? Just something to think about in the future. I did get the :thumb: from my wife for rims and exhaust system for my CC. My wife says I work hard and deserve it :P but she also works really hard too, as long as I take her skiing every weekend it keeps her happy. I did have a problem after I had my SL installed. I had gear oil leaking, took it back to the shop where I had it installed and it was a mount connected to the differential, they said because my differential was aluminum they were worried about tightning it to hard and stripping it, so theydrilled a hole, stuck a bolt in and a nut on the other end and it did the trick. I don't know if anybody else has had this problem but it's something to let you know about.

Steve
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

STEVE2003, I don't know of any twin shock set up i think that may be for the zr2. if you are looking for the skid plate and steering stabilizer you can get the from summit part # slf-3144 for the skid and slf-92055 for the stabilizer. On their main page go to by brand, select superlift and search those #s. I don't know what you paid for your kit but it looks like summit gives a bid price break if you buy it all search under slf-k776 and the price for the kit and options is there.
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

jeggers

I know somewhere I found a picture of the dual shocks and the stabilizer, it might have been for the ZR2. I have been trying to find it again and can't find it. I bought and had my lift installed from a local shop, there are only 3 shops in my area that even deal with superlift. One of them didn't even want my business as everybody and their high school kids have there full size trucks lifted around here. I got my lift installed out the door for $2600 which took a bidding war between Gary's sport trucks and 4wheelparts as everything is really expensive out here in California. Gary's sport trucks beat 4wheelparts by $100. Gary's sport truck has a good rep in this area and do all the lifts for the biggest Chevy dealer in this area so I figured they would do a pretty good job. Thanks for the info about the part numbers, good luck with your install. You will be amazed at how high the SL lifts your truck, pictures don't do it justice!
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

thanks
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:evil: :x Ok, I have been waiting for three months for the kit, 1 week ago i called superlift for the missing hardware, they sent it postal i may never see the parts :x :evil:
I give them tomorrow then i go buy them :x :evil:
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Mine just arrived today!!!

Plan on starting the install this weekend :D :D :D :D :D
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:shock: :shock: :shock: good luck :shock: :shock: :shock:
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd