Spacers and a BL

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

coreylubahn

Spacers and a BL

Post by coreylubahn »

So like most of you I am going to soon have the PA bodylift. My question is this: what size of wheel spacers should I get to work with the factory rims? I will have the PA 2" with the daystar shackles and a t-bar crank to level everything out. I would like to run the widest tires possible without rubbing (most likely a 31X10.50) or run a slightly less tall tire with bigger spacers to get the tire outside the body a little more...again without rubbing. What is everyone's take and does anybody have a favorite place to get them from? Thanks.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I have 1.25s on the rear only which made it match the fronts without sticking out past the fenders ((not legal in Maryland)) some other guys have 2in rears and 1.25s on the front with a 31 tire it will stick out a bit.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

i have 2" BL with stock rims with 30x9.5 tires...running 1.25 spacers on the back only.......no rubbing at all!!!! :D
i got my spacers at wheeladapters.com....talked to fred. they came with the lugs pressed in...and with the same size lugs and nuts that are stock.
i have seen some on ebay..... don't know the quality of these on ebay.
also heard of wheel spacers from aim industries from some of the folks here on the forum.......only thing i have heard is that the lugs on the adapters are not the stock/factory size.......meaning two different lug sizes :? :cry:

i'm verry happy with the ones i got from wheeladapter!!! :D :D
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

THESE ARE THE SPACERS I have also im running a 5.5 inch back spacing wheel so I would have moved my wheels out 1.75

and

The wheels I have
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

Is it possible to put like 2.5" spacers on the back along with 1.25" on the front and have 31X10.50s and not rub? If I remember right shouldn't the back always have 1.25" more just to accomodate for the difference in track from the factory? I really want a wider stance...even if I have to have shorter tires to do it. Let me know...thanks!!
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

yes...run wider spacers on the back.......as foe the 31's.........others will have to respond on that one.
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

If Im not mistaken most RUB with 31s at somepoint ......turning hard in your driveway or going offroad they usually rub the back of the front fender , 1 reason I stuck with 30/9.5/15s
Last edited by jeff024 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

Jeff,

With those 30s and the no-spacer front you have do you think you could move your tires out with some spacers on the front and still not rub? I know sometimes moving the wheels out can cause some problems since it changes where and when the wheels hit the fenders. I really want to get my front wheels out farther and then move the backs out in lockstep, but I don't want any rubbing. Whatcha think?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

First make sure that you read the spacer comparison and review. Make darn sure you get the larger overall diameter.
Stud size doesn't really matter to me, the 1/2" studs are beefier, but the stock 12mm are more convenient.

I would suggest getting the 1.25" spacers. You can run them on the back to match the track, and try them on the front to see if you will rub with the tires that you choose. If they work for you order some 2" spacers later.

I am running 1.25" front spacers, and 2" rear spacers with 31x10.5 Geolandar AT+II's. They do rub at times. Especially with the winch on the front while turning on uneven ground.
Last edited by HenryJ on Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

HenryJ wrote:I am running 1.25" front spacers, and 2" rear spacers with 13x10.5 Geolandar AT+II's.
13x10.5? like go-cart wheels? :shock:

transposed and edited , thanx -HJ
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

HenryJ wrote:.... Make darn sure you get the larger overall diameter.
I have been running the smaller 6 inch diameter spacers for 2 years now without a problem. I have been considering some of the ebay hub centric spacers though.
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

So what does hub centric/wheel centric mean? I want good spacers, that fit well and won't cause problems. I found these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW

Are these the good ones that you all mentioned that you can get on ebay? HJ, are these the ones that you were talking about? Thanks for all your replies.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

coreylubahn wrote:...Spacers on ebay... are these the ones that you were talking about? ...
Yep, those look like a good choice to me. Hubcentric, and 12mm studs.

Someone else here bought a set not long ago.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I ran 2" spacers on the rear, no spacers on the front, 15x7" rims with 4.5" backspacing, and 30x9.5" tires and only rubbed a little on the back of the wheel well on the front tires when turning and flexing. I have since gotten 31x10.5" tires on the same setup as above and it now rubs on the bottom rear corner of the front fender too. A little BFH bodywork cured the rubbing for street use, but offroad I'd imagine it would rub a lot.

Here's a pic with the 30's on...
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

Mark,

Do you have any more pictures with this setup (with either the 30X9.5s or with you new 31X10.50s)? If you do would you please send them to me. My email is coreylubahn@yahoo.com. They would really help when it comes time to look into wheel/tires. Thanks!!
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

for corey and everyone else you should look at a set of dayton timberland mt's i got mine on a week ago im running 31x10.5 no rub after the t crank i sit the same as a zr2 maybe even higher ill get pics so done even start on me jeff hahaha
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I wont CAM .. Heres mine with 30/9.5/15s with 1.25 spacers

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

henryj wrote:Yep, those look like a good choice to me. Hubcentric, and 12mm studs.

Someone else here bought a set not long ago.
I Bought A Set From "Completevalue" On Ebay After Reading HenryJ's Write Up On Spacers. I Just Got 'Em On Yesterday, No Probs Here I Would Buy Them Again. The Guy Ships Quick And Is Easy To Deal With. I Went With The 1.25" For The Rears.

Jeff
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Neal&Annie

Post by Neal&Annie »

Hi, just thought i'd throw in my 2 cents. I have the 2" PA bl, t-bar crank, shackles. I'm running 15x8 w/5" backspace, 31/11.50/15 super swamper tsl, mine rub on hard turn with dip, but normal driving and cornering no problem, i trimmed out the rear low side of fender for now, i may go to a flare soon to lose the whole problem, but no big deal under normal day to day driving. Also i have a 1" spacer on rear and it seems pretty even to me and both front and rear stickout a little, i like it that way. Keep in mind the rub wont be so bad with 10.5 rims and an all terrain, i went 11.50 and a very aggressive tire and barely have trouble. Good luck :D
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

lets see some pics Neal
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

seems likie alot of us could use a set of kc's flares anyone heard anything about how he is or how they are doing??
Neal&Annie

Post by Neal&Annie »

Pictures coming soon, need truck to be spotless first, and the wonderful weather in New Jersey :twisted:
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

KC...... :cry:
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

coreylubahn wrote:Mark,

Do you have any more pictures with this setup (with either the 30X9.5s or with you new 31X10.50s)? If you do would you please send them to me. My email is coreylubahn@yahoo.com. They would really help when it comes time to look into wheel/tires. Thanks!!
More pics with the 30's and new pics with the 31's are on my webpage.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

Outstanding...thanks Mark!! :D
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

im thinking of even making some wheel flares. i have lots of tooling and dies that i may try and make some at work. i was thinking aluminum flares would be pretty cool with body colored paint and if not my friend ones a plastic fabrication shop so i might go there :) i need em bad with my 35s if kcustom does make em i will buy em though
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]