Truck is leaning

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Mat73GNZ
Crew
Crew

Truck is leaning

Post by Mat73GNZ »

Well, I'm 6' 3" and about 190 lbs, but I really don't think someone of my size could do this to my truck :lol: . The other day, I had backed into a garage to unload some tools into the house and just left the truck parked there with the garage door open. I'm building a house 2 houses away from this one and I needed some tools, so I just walked over there. On the way back, I see my truck and something didn't look right. Kind of did one of those 'dog tilting it's head thing'. I notice my truck leaning to the drivers side. This is new constuction and I know the garage floor is level, so with that in mind, I grab my tape measure. Measure from the floor to the fender and sure 'nuff, the drivers side is lower by exactly 1/2"! I had this thing alligned about 4 months ago. Nobody said anything then, so I'm ASSuming the suspension has dropped within 4 months time. Can the torsion bars be causing this, or the adjustment backing off? Haven't looked at how you adjust the front suspension yet, so forgive my ignorance. How can it loose 1/2" of height? Truck does feel a little floaty on the front end, and new shocks are in my near future. Maybe I blew a shock? The passenger side shock is somewhat new, it was replaced under waranty after the dealership put the truck on the lift and the shock actually fell apart :lol: . Hmmm, sorry for the rambling, Sothern Comfort is just too irresistible when it's this freakin' cold out :D .

!M!
'02 Crew Cab
'73 Datsun 240Z with Buick Grand National engine swap
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

take it to the dealer and say its leaning its most likely the t bars but you never know. i know alot of guys on here have had leaners for s-10s so its not just you :roll: good luck
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

if you havent cranked your TB then it could be that mine was 1/2 in. lower on the pass side before i cranked them now its level all the way around.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It is that way to compensate for the crown in the road. This way it is level while on the roadway.

;)

An alignment shop doesn't usually check the trim height, or level. You can though. Trim height measurements and T-bar crank will give you some ideas about what needs to be done.

If you make adjustments then it will need to be realigned.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK