mickey thompson tires

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

mickey thompson tires

Post by ace »

Does anybody know good or bad things about them. I like the look of the MTX but I don't know much about them.
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I'm in love with the look of the Baja claws, but I don't do enough off roading, and the rough ride just isn't worth it to me because we use my truck as a family vehicle at times.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

wamason wrote:I'm in love with the look of the Baja claws, but I don't do enough off roading, and the rough ride just isn't worth it to me because we use my truck as a family vehicle at times.
I like the Baja claws too but just I also don't go off roading enough. the MTX looks agressive on the sidewall but the main tread looks like it would be a good all around tire but I just don't know.
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

the baja are a good riding tire, I had a set of 39's and didnt even balance them when on my truck, my step-brother also has a set of 39x18 on his SFA 95 Tahoe, and tehy ride so good, and has put like 35k miles on them and still have alot of tread left, but he rotates them about every 3k. miles.

I dont know how well the claws are on the road, a buddy just sold a set but they were 46's and said they dig almost as good as the boggers do but didnt say if they road good on-road or not -- but now he is on a 53" military tire. but hates them - they are tall but don't dig worth a ****.

I would say try the M/T they are a really good tire - well the baja's are and are great on-road
[size=75]GO BIG or Go Home
SFA - Dana 44 - front & rear - 4.88 gears - 39.5x15x20's[/size]